Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2021, 05:57 AM   #1

Question back up camera

bought a new 2021 bhq. it was supposed to have a backup camera but does not. does anyone know what bracket is on the back? it is not furrion. it is smaller but outside is shaped the same.
fr36bhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 06:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr36bhq View Post
bought a new 2021 bhq. it was supposed to have a backup camera but does not. does anyone know what bracket is on the back? it is not furrion. it is smaller but outside is shaped the same.
Picture?

Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 06:53 AM   #3

picture

maybe i will learn how to attach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	253282  
fr36bhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:09 AM   #4
Pseudonym

I have the same bracket on my 2021 Shasta and I’m looking for the answer to this as well. I’m wondering if it’s Haloview.

In the meantime, I removed the camera perch from inside the sharkfin and put a piece of flat sheet metal in its place, then mounted my camera to that. It mimics the Furrion mount now. Painted black it looks just like it.
BrandonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr36bhq View Post

If your unit was supposed to come with a backup camera, be happy yours didn't. All the folks whom have one on their Sabre's from the factory have said they're garbage and do not work correctly.

You'd be better to put on any number of available cameras that will work on your new RV.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 12:04 PM   #6
Site Team

It appears to only have the Furrion camera prep, not the camera. Most here are happy with a Haloview camera system.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:09 PM   #7
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
If your unit was supposed to come with a backup camera, be happy yours didn't. All the folks whom have one on their Sabre's from the factory have said they're garbage and do not work correctly.

You'd be better to put on any number of available cameras that will work on your new RV.
Yes, the camera that came on my 37FLL is crap.
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
Yes, the camera that came on my 37FLL is crap.

And I think that's really stupid of FR to even do this. I'm sure you didn't buy your FLL because of the camera, right? So why even introduce a sub-standard component to the build, that in all probability, will generate additional warranty claims than if it wasn't included?

I've seen on this forum where FR is replacing some of the Driven cameras with Furrion. This has got to be costing them big time, if they're indeed switching out cameras. I know they're trying to offer more bang for the buck, compared to the competition. But if what they include doesn't work, I think it just de-values and dilutes the name brand.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 AM   #9
Pseudonym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
It appears to only have the Furrion camera prep, not the camera. Most here are happy with a Haloview camera system.
Are you sure this is Furrion? I bought a Furrion shark fin mount to replace the exact mount that the OP has and the Furrion doesn’t line up to the rubber gasket (Furrion bracket it smaller and the screw holes don’t line up). Furrion doesn’t list anything like this on their website either.
BrandonSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonSmith View Post
Are you sure this is Furrion? I bought a Furrion shark fin mount to replace the exact mount that the OP has and the Furrion doesnít line up to the rubber gasket (Furrion bracket it smaller and the screw holes donít line up). Furrion doesnít list anything like this on their website either.

I have the same mount and just assumed it was Furrion. Just ordered a Furrion camera, did the existing mount not accept the Furrion camera?
Chad_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:16 PM   #11

We just picked up our 2021 36BHQ and it came with the camera mounted and a tiny monitor that can’t connect from our truck. It’s made by Driven Electronics
Djschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #12
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djschwarz View Post
We just picked up our 2021 36BHQ and it came with the camera mounted and a tiny monitor that canít connect from our truck. Itís made by Driven Electronics
Ours is made by Driven and it is junk.
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #13

The one on my unit is from LCI and is designed to work via the OneControl app. I haven't had a chance to mess with it really, but I did try briefly to get it going with the trailer plugged into my truck and I don't see the WiFi SSID INSIGHT_XXXXX that you're supposed to see either.

I'm not going to mess with it much until we get it ready to take on it's maiden trip at the end of the month.

2021 Sabre 36BHQ
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
FiveAndDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndDime View Post
The one on my unit is from LCI and is designed to work via the OneControl app. I haven't had a chance to mess with it really, but I did try briefly to get it going with the trailer plugged into my truck and I don't see the WiFi SSID INSIGHT_XXXXX that you're supposed to see either.

I'm not going to mess with it much until we get it ready to take on it's maiden trip at the end of the month.

Below is an instructional post from another Sabre owner that has a backup camera that was also having issues getting it paired with their phone.

"With your coach connected and truck lights turned on, stand in your coach and do the following from your phone.

1. Turn on your phone and check for a wifi connection NOT Bluetooth. The connection will read "INSIGHT_ xxxxx". connect to this.
2. Then follow direction to add device from the ONECONTROL App on your phone.
3. Use the "Manual Connection" and enter ONLY the "INSIGHT_ xxxxxx" and then no password. Do NOT use the 12 digit number on the camera sticker.
4. Then go back to the home screen and the Camera is a choice for you to select!!!!"
Old 06-06-2021, 06:32 PM   #15

Yes, I had tried that and I don't even see the WiFi SSID on my phone, as I mentioned. When I punch it into the app, it says it is connecting but never progresses beyond that. Tried a dozen times in the coach and out by the camera in back. This unit has an antenna on it so I would assume that the wireless gateway for it is in the unit. When I pull her from storage to get ready for our first trip, I'll make sure it's getting power, antenna is snug, and all the obvious stuff. Haven't been able to find much on LCI's website on it - so I may reach out to them directly if everything else looks good.

2021 Sabre 36BHQ
Old 06-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #16

Well, with a little help from DuckDuckGo and some lucky search phrases, I was able to find the OEM Install Manual and the User Manual for the LCI Insight camera. I might try and perform the reset to see of that makes a difference. It could have been set up at the factory and tested, then not reset. If a password was entered, could be a reason why it won't connect with the default settings.

I attached the user manual - the install manual doesn't provide any additional insight for the end user. The user manual is WAY better than the one-pager in OneControl.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ccd-0004030.pdf (2.25 MB, 16 views)
Old 06-06-2021, 08:14 PM   #17

Ill bet the factory reset does it for you, otherwise theres a problem with power to the camera (loose wiring), or you have a bad a camera.

Please let us know how it goes.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:20 PM   #18

Well, brought her home from storage today and had a chance to do some troubleshooting. I've got 12VDC going to the camera as the factory reset did not result in the four red lights flashing. So that pretty much narrows it down to a bad camera. Going to call Lippert in the morning and see what they say. Hopefully they just ship a new camera!

2021 Sabre 36BHQ
Old 06-18-2021, 06:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Well, brought her home from storage today and had a chance to do some troubleshooting. I've got 12VDC going to the camera as the factory reset did not result in the four red lights flashing. So that pretty much narrows it down to a bad camera. Going to call Lippert in the morning and see what they say. Hopefully they just ship a new camera!

Did you use a meter to verify you have working power and the wiring to the camera is not the problem?
Old 06-18-2021, 06:40 AM   #20

Quote:
is it a Furrion camera or a Lippert model.
i took my 2021 trailer out last weekend and the Furrion camera was all fogged up - it was like looking out through a glass with dishwater in it. I was 1 week away from my warranty being done.

a new camera is on the way as of yesterday after i sent photos of the camera view and the model and it on the trailer.

lets hope you have the same luck in getting a new unit.

Tags
back up camera, camera