Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 08:01 PM   #1

First official Camping Trip!!!

So I have officially done my first camping trip in my new 5er and 1st RV. Towing went great and smooth.

Setup went just as easy as I had plenty of time to practice in my back yard prior to leaving and thanks to you all, I have developed my own checklist, (currently in my head) soon it’ll be an actual checklist.

I couldn’t be happier with smooth this has been, fingers crossed it’ll keep being that way.

Now to get more homie stuff for the outside!! Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	465.9 KB
ID:	258134
Mil_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 10:15 PM   #2

That's awesome! Glad to hear your first was a success! We are taking ours out on Thursday for a long weekend at the lake. Can't wait and seeing your pic makes the waiting that much harder!

2021 Sabre 36BHQ
2022 Ram 3500 Cummins (Dually)
FiveAndDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:22 AM   #3

Glad everything went well and the first trip will always be the most memorable
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:40 AM   #4

DO NOT ! get comfortable in the routine. When you get too comfortable...that's when bad things happen....like a large can of baked beans that rolled behind a slide out and tore all the trim off when it was closed.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:46 AM   #5

Great to hear all went well on your first trip. Smart to practice at home beforehand. Get that checklist that's in your head into a doc and print off enough copies for each trip of the year. The little things turn into big problems if you forget to do them.

Happy camping
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndDime View Post
That's awesome! Glad to hear your first was a success! We are taking ours out on Thursday for a long weekend at the lake. Can't wait and seeing your pic makes the waiting that much harder!

I know the feeling, I’ve had it sitting in my back yard while getting some work done and selling process. So lots of time practice setting up and breaking down. I was really excited once I was hooking her up to go camping
Old 06-30-2021, 09:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
DO NOT ! get comfortable in the routine. When you get too comfortable...that's when bad things happen....like a large can of baked beans that rolled behind a slide out and tore all the trim off when it was closed.

Couldn’t agree more, and sorry to hear about the can of baked beans! I’m very scared of something like that or worse.
Old 06-30-2021, 01:18 PM   #8

Looks great! We are waiting for the delivery of our new rig. We are jealous. Just wondering if all this talk about it being hard to find an empty spot at a campground is as bad as some are trying to make it. I hate to book ahead. Would rather travel along and if I like a place, stay as long as I need. Al
atemplesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by atemplesr View Post
Looks great! We are waiting for the delivery of our new rig. We are jealous. Just wondering if all this talk about it being hard to find an empty spot at a campground is as bad as some are trying to make it. I hate to book ahead. Would rather travel along and if I like a place, stay as long as I need. Al

Honestly I wouldn’t know, I haven’t really spent much time reading about that. However, I just left a campground in NC heading home to the wife and was planning on leaving tomorrow (Thursday) and decided to call a camp ground at around my mid way point and see. They had a spot available and I just showed up after hours. No one was here but the instructions where very simple. Take a card and a map, find a spot. Fill card out and bring it back to the office and pay tomorrow when open. Unsure if this is a norm for camp grounds, I only hope cause that, in my opinion, makes traveling with a RV that much easier. Again, my opinion. I hope you get your rig very quickly and easily. I had to wait on a 5th wheel hitch. For approximately 3 weeks.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #10

The after hours registration is done that way with a few campgrounds. I have seen it way before the COVID mess started. Happy traveling/camping is wished to all of you. Al
atemplesr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping