Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2022, 11:51 AM   #1

Looking at Sabre 37FLH-plus/minus ??

DW and I are looking to possibly go newer and are interested in the 37FLH that Sabre is building.

Would like to hear from owners of this model on the good and not so good aspects of this front living, bath and 1/2 5 er.

Thank you

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:34 PM   #2

We like our FLH a lot. At the time we got ours, it was one of the best bang for the dollar front living floorplan models out there and we looked hard at all of 'em. We had it down to the 37FLH or Wildwood Heritage Glen Elite 36FL. We decided on the FLH because it was more widely available from more dealers than the Heritage Glen and was a bit less expensive too. And, as with anything, this model is less expensive than others for a reason. I've upgraded or added a number of components to our RV over the last year. But, if we had a do-over, knowing what we know today, we'd likely make the same choice for the FLH again.

Keep in mind I've done a lot of upgrades on our FLH, so some of the CONS listed below are no longer. Just let me know if you've got any questions concerning them and I'll be happy to help!

CONS:
1. The clear windows let in summer heat, even with the blinds drawn.
2. Zebra shades aren't the greatest at keeping out light and heat.
3. Master bathroom window has no blind or curtain.
4. Basement baggage doors aren't slam latch and are as thin as it gets.
5. Driven entertainment center in living room is garbage.
6. Driven inside and outside speakers are garbage.
7. Dining table and chairs is a small and tight fit for four people.
8. Small and extremely cheap vent fans.
9. Only 20lb propane tanks for such a large RV.
10. Auto-leveling controls not behind a locking door.
11. Almost no room on sides of master bed (not easy to get in and out).
12. No rocker control switches for slide outs (only thru OneControl touchpad).

PROS:
1. TONS of storage everywhere inside the RV, not so much outside.
2. TONS of space inside, even with four family members in tow.
3. Rack and pinion on 3 of 5 slide outs.
4. Outside kitchen is excellent.
5. Half bath is excellent when there's more than two of you.
6. Master bath is HUGE...we once had three people at one time in it.
7. Two large pantries.
8. Operate slide outs, lights, leveling, awning with OneControl smartphone app.
9. Lighter RV, compared to other front living models.
10. Morryde Step Above steps.
11. Juice Pack solar panel and connections for more, larger solar panels.
12. No front living room window to crack.
13. 55 inch living room television.
14. LCI ground control 3.0 auto-leveling system (wish it were a 6-point system).
15. Residential size fridge.
16. Ceiling fan.
17. Lighting is excellent everywhere inside and outside the RV.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 12:02 PM   #3

Thank you for a real opinion on this model. Real informative post.

Here are some questions that you can maybe answer.

Queen or king bed platform?
What is Driven system?
What type of tv was in the rig?
What is step above steps? Are these the dirt catcher steps that fold into the door?
LCI 3.0 - what is it? (I know what a 6 point is)
What capacity (really) of the fresh, black, grey, and or galley holding tanks and do they work well for your situation?
With the bath and 1/2 do you have two sewer outlets?
Could you measure the dining slide wall to wall? Our Sandpiper is 78 inches w to w.
With a residential frig is your freezer on the bottom or side or top? I ask because we have some friends who had freezer in bottom and it started building a two inch sheet of ice.

Dave
Old 01-30-2022, 02:02 PM   #4

Hi Dave!

The master bedroom has a king size bed with storage underneath it. Let me know if this didn't answer that question.

Driven is the name brand of the multi-media/radio that's installed in the cabinetry, just above the fireplace. I replaced ours with a Furrion entertainment system because the Driven model was of very poor quality and didn't sound good at all. Never could get it to work with an MP3 player plugged in, or connected to my phone with bluetooth.

The TV in the front living area of our FLH is a flat screen LED made by Naxa. I understand the 2022 models now include 55" smart TV's from other brands. Which name brand they install all depends on what is available when they build the RV. We aren't a big fan of the Naxa in our unit because its a very basic TV with limited number of connections (HDMI ports, audio, etc.), but its not the worst TV either.

The Morryde Step Above steps are solid entry steps that fold up into the doorway of the rig. They're wide and solid footing steps made of steel and aluminum and are not at all heavy to be lifting in and out of the doorway. The version of steps they install on the FLH are not the ones with shock assist. The feet on the bottom of the steps are independently adjustable and easy to set for any even or uneven terrain when folding them out.

LCI's Ground Control 3.0 is the electric auto leveling jack system that is standard on the FLH. With the LCI OneControl app installed on your smartphone, you can level your RV, or retract all the jacks right from your phone while outside the RV, which is really nice. There's also a Ground Control panel to do the same on the exterior front of the RV.

Although FR publishes the FLH has a 49 gallon fresh water tank, I can't say for certain if that's the case or not. We only visit campgrounds with water hookups. FR also publishes 76 gallons each for the grey and black tanks. Can't say for sure if each really holds as much as they say it does since those same campgrounds we frequent have sewer hookups too. But, we've stayed at state parks that only have dump stations with three kids and two adults for a four day trip and didn't go much over half full tanks in that time.

Because it has two kitchens and a bath and a half, there are two grey/black water dumps outside, so you do need to purchase a Y-coupler for your sewer hose. In fact, I believe it may come with such a coupler already.

The dining slide out inside measurements are just under 73" wide by just under 39" deep.

Freezer on mine and the new ones is on the bottom. After two years of camping in it, we've not had any icing issues with the freezer.

Fire away with an other questions you can think of and I'll do my best to answer them for ya!

Greg
Old 01-30-2022, 08:55 PM   #5

Typed a big question page but I pre viewed but didn't submit. Traveling for two days so will get to it on Tuesday night or Wednesday. Thanks.

Dave
Old 01-31-2022, 04:28 PM   #6

Well the best laid plans. We didn't travel because of pitchforks and hammer handles of rain and wind so will try again on a question post. Round 2: Thanks again Greg for taking the time to answer.

Dining area is fine.
Bed platform is fine. We have twin adjust a beds that fit the king platform.
What type/brand of hitch does LCI put on the Sabre 5 er frames?
Do they (FR) still put propane ovens in the kitchens? Never used ours (almost nine years).
I'm guessing both the opposed slides in the front living area are electric?
Does the rig have separate slide rockers on the control panel? Maybe you answered that?? Our Sandpiper has one that controls three slides.
Please tell me they do not install dishwashers in a mid range rig?
How large is the water boiler and what brand - if you know?
Another water question. With five hot water faucets, including the shower, do you and the family feel you are receiving a good return rate on the Hots?

Thanks

Dave
Old 01-31-2022, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvodriver View Post
Well the best laid plans. We didn't travel because of pitchforks and hammer handles of rain and wind so will try again on a question post. Round 2: Thanks again Greg for taking the time to answer.

Dining area is fine.
Bed platform is fine. We have twin adjust a beds that fit the king platform.
What type/brand of hitch does LCI put on the Sabre 5 er frames?
Do they (FR) still put propane ovens in the kitchens? Never used ours (almost nine years).
I'm guessing both the opposed slides in the front living area are electric?
Does the rig have separate slide rockers on the control panel? Maybe you answered that?? Our Sandpiper has one that controls three slides.
Please tell me they do not install dishwashers in a mid range rig?
How large is the water boiler and what brand - if you know?
Another water question. With five hot water faucets, including the shower, do you and the family feel you are receiving a good return rate on the Hots?

Thanks

Dave

Hey Dave, no problem! Glad to help out a fellow RV'er with any questions like this....I wish I had this forum to do the same to help me decide what to do in March/April 2020 before we got ours.

The adjust a beds would be a nice replacement to the mattress you get from the factory. There should be plenty of head room to the storage bins above the bed. Let me know if you need a measurement there as well.

Sabre fivers all come standard with a basic LCI 1621 pin box. I upgraded ours myself (with a little help from my GF) last spring with a Morryde rubber pin box and it definitely improved my towing experience since.

All Sabre's also only come with standard size Greystone propane gas stoves and ranges.

All the glide outs on the Sabre RV's are electric and are either rack and pinion or Schwintek. On the 37FLH, the two opposing living room slide outs are Schwintek's and the other three are all rack and pinion.

All the slide outs are controlled thru the OneControl touch panel mounted right by the entrance. It takes up a lot less room than a traditional panel with rocker switches, but I prefer the rockers. Because the touch panel has integrated bluetooth, you can open or close all the slide outs from outside the RV with your smartphone and the OneControl app, which is really nice.

With the Sabre line, a dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer are optional, but there's plenty of room in it if you want them. We have a portable, tabletop dishwasher we can use in the master bath closet, where the washer/dryer hookups are, but we normally have it outside on a table.

The quick recovery water heater is made by Atwood and all the Sabre's come standard with a 10 gallon tank. It uses propane, electric, or both at the same time.

The 37FLH actually has seven hot and cold water vessels on it (four inside sinks, one outside sink, and one inside and one outside shower). That said, I don't recall ever having a problem with available hot water, even with the adult kids in tow. Again, the RV has a quick recovery water heater where you can use both propane and electric to speed up how fast the water is heated during heavy use times.

Let me know if there's more questions, measurements, opinions, etc. and I'll be happy to help out with them.

Greg

Tags
sabre