Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #221

As of right now, we have reason to be hopeful. We are in tentative agreement on a resolution and have just one issue that is a sticking point. At this point, however, we have nothing in writing and that makes me very nervous. The negotiations between the dealer and the factory and the negotiations between us and our dealer and us and the factory are all a big jumble. If we are all on the same page that I understand us to be on (cautiously choosing words here) then we will be pleased and have the matter settled in a few weeks.

As for common elements among units....we have an original purchase date of late April 2013 so I am guessing a late March early April manufacture date. Not sure if spring fever had the line folks in a tizzy or what...but they were not focused on the build for sure. Also, the unit was bought off the lot.

We walked through a unit today that I would swear was made by a completely different team than ours - but it was a later build and likely most of the same people. Those folks on here so loyal to the Sabre brand have obviously been seeing a level of attention and care in their units that did not exist in ours. I finally saw it today.

I will keep everyone posted.

I am very curious about common elements too - so any others with issues please post the details (manufacture date, ordered or lot bought, and anything else you think may be a clue).
Old 02-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #222

We will know Monday for sure ( I hope ) what is exactly going to happen. We are now 4 months into this mess and maybe just maybe we will have final answer that someone will stand true with.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #223

Best of luck!!
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

Old 03-01-2014, 01:55 AM   #224
Oklahoma Proud

Wow! I just notice this thread has over 12,000 veiws. And it hasnt even been up a month. I wonder if this is some kinda record.
Best of luck Browns!!! Were pulling for you!
Sabre has, I'm sure seen some PR from this, just waiting for the favorable swing that were all hoping for, and would work very good in thier favor too!
Old 03-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #225

Good luck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
Old 03-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #226

This is too sad, when a huge corporation is unwilling to fix their mistake at their cost, but need to get the unfortunate owner of the unit and the unfortunate owner of the dealership to compromise and possibly take financial hits. And to make it worse worse, trying to have a defective unit later dumped on an unaware buyer who will think he/she is getting a great deal. Just sad ....

Forest River, you produced this junk, you fix it, at your own cost ! Doing the right thing will only make you look better in everyone's eyes ...This is 2014 ... should I say more ?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #227
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomph View Post
This is too sad, when a huge corporation is unwilling to fix their mistake at their cost, but need to get the unfortunate owner of the unit and the unfortunate owner of the dealership to compromise and possibly take financial hits. And to make it worse worse, trying to have a defective unit later dumped on an unaware buyer who will think he/she is getting a great deal. Just sad ....

Forest River, you produced this junk, you fix it, at your own cost ! Doing the right thing will only make you look better in everyone's eyes ...This is 2014 ... should I say more ?
At this point, dont think theres any way fr comes outta this looking good.
More like how bad, dragging these folks threw hell n back.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 AM   #228

I have to agree .... They have to realize how bad this makes them look and go into damage control mode, i.e. Bending backwards to please the owners. Give them a same model perfect trailer with either a lot more options then they purchased, or decrease their total borrowing costs by 4 months plus %10 off their purchase price or something. Personally, if I was going to buy a 5'th wheel, I would never buy a Sabre after this story, unless they turn things around and prove that they are trustworthy.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:41 AM   #229
Site Team

next unit I buy will most likely be a 5ver...........
I not even going to look at Sabre line

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #230
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
next unit I buy will most likely be a 5ver...........
I not even going to look at Sabre line
Whys that?

Thousands and thousands of sabres sold and you base your decision off of what ?
This one couple's thread and there rendition of there issue's?

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #231

No kidding Turbs. Every brand has a few horror stories. It's bad right now as the entire RV industry experienced explosive sales growth over the last two years. Production lines got rushed to get RVs out the door and off to dealers. With that comes human errors, fix it at the dealer attitudes, bad management decisions, make hay while the sun shines! Remember the RV industry had a lot of dealers and manufactures go belly up in 2008 - 2011 years. For more insight to the industry, check this website out. RVNN.TV: Travel, Apps and RV'sÂ*|Â*Travel, Apps, and the World of RVs
Old 03-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Whys that?

TURBS

Think spring!
Once bitten, twice shy - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I wonder if it is their problems or the apparent lack of concern on the manufacturer's part that is giving some people pause for concern.

I do wish them well in their effort to resolve the issues but I will not blame anyone for having second thoughts.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #233

Why's that???? Because it's his choice.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #234
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm with Turbs. I just spent 50 nights of camping in my Sabre last night. In less than 1 year of ownership. It has been a great product and met or exceeded our expectations. The value for the money is exactly why we purchased this unit. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I feel for this couple and hope FR makes it right! It is painful to read the struggle they are going through and I hope it is fixed SOON for them.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
Old 03-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #235
In Search of a Vacation

I would add this thought... Keep in mind that there are others, like us, who are going down this VERY same road with their Sabre, in the fact that we have the same type defects and are experiencing the same time frames, actually longer than the Browns. In our situation, I've not posted everything on here about our unit and everything wrong with it,but believe me when I tell you that I'm following this thread and I followed Doug's very closely to see how FR treats their customers when the problems are on them. When our unit is finally ready, I'll be making the 10-11 hour drive to the factory and you better believe I'll be using a microscope to go through every inch of it before I accept it back. We all pay our hard earned money for these units, and by no means are they cheap. We invest a lot of time and effort in just choosing our unit for what best fits the needs of our families in order for us to get away from the daily stress of our lives and actually "take a vacation" in something that's supposed to be relaxing and worry free. Why in the world should we be expected to keep something bought in good faith that's not worth the money we paid for it. I know and understand that their have been changes and issues at the factory and explosive growth due to demand but why should we the buyer need to pay years for something that's not our fault or of the quality that we expected to receive. I completely agree also, that there are 1000's of good quality units out there, it's how Forest River handles the few that slip through the quality and craftsmanship cracks as to how they'll be looked at by future customers, because that "could" be them someday.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #236
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Whys that?

TURBS

Think spring!
Exactly. I mean even with the notorious 6.0 Ford had, not every truck had major issues for every customer, and there were THOUSANDS of their trucks with very real issues.
This is one biggest problem I've heard of from Sabre. Even Dougs main issue is stemming from a sub-manuf. part issue and not from sabre (best I understand). Heck I've screw up a persons car before, we're just human.

Now if every other trailer was having a big issue - THEN, we have a problem.

oops. forgot to check mark that stupid box again!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #237
Oklahoma Proud

Cwblaylock- sorry about your issues.
I hope that Sabre takes good care of you, in the end. I hate that you and others have these issues.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #238
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Wow! I just notice this thread has over 12,000 veiws. And it hasnt even been up a month. I wonder if this is some kinda record.
Best of luck Browns!!! Were pulling for you!
Sabre has, I'm sure seen some PR from this, just waiting for the favorable swing that were all hoping for, and would work very good in thier favor too!
Yep. When momma is mad, people notice. Ha.
I sure hope they find peace soon.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Old 03-01-2014, 09:24 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Exactly. I mean even with the notorious 6.0 Ford had, not every truck had major issues for every customer, and there were THOUSANDS of their trucks with very real issues.
This is one biggest problem I've heard of from Sabre. Even Dougs main issue is stemming from a sub-manuf. part issue and not from sabre (best I understand). Heck I've screw up a persons car before, we're just hunan.

Now if every other trailer was having a big issue - THEN, we have a problem.

oops. forgot to check mark that stupid box again!
Totally agree. I own a 6.0 Diesel and its great. NO issues. However, Ford's reputation took a serious hit. To the average person, the 6.0 is junk. Most of those people never owned one, and may have only heard of someone's friend that had problems with one. Do some research and all you find is the small percentage of folks with the problems, not the silent majority that did not.

Same with the Sabre. Their reputation will take a hit...hell it already has as evidenced by some of the opinions on this thread. When someone researches Sabre, they will likely find threads like this that will give them serious concerns about buying one.

Hopefully, a resolution is quickly forthcoming. I do hope they can make Momma happy.
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #240
Site Team

it is cause for pause and having to think 2x about it

Quote:
Whys that?

TURBS

Think spring!
Any unit can have probs. I for one sure know that! But how has the folks at Sabres treated these buyers. Looking for a dealer to buy that pos and sell it to some other sucker.
Dam poorly I say, that should be cause for pause.
This is just IMO no more or less.
Im sure they made good ones....Hope you dont go threw this with your next Sabres.
Isnt there more then one couple complaining in this thread?
PlatoKidd

Zelda the campin dog
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty