Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #301
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
We do have a attorney involved, the same one that handles our companies interest. We are waiting to find out what is being put on the table. As of now we are just going by what our dealer is telling us and it sounds promising for us but again we have seen nothing in writing or have not heard a Word from FR so at this point we are in a holding pattern until Monday ( that's what our dealer is telling us ). We hope to see this in writing Monday if the weather isn't to bad like they are talking. We aren't sure how our bank is going to handle this either, that's another can of worms that needs to be explored. I have not approached our bank yet not knowing what the outcome is going to be. I am about fed up with the whole thing. This is way to much stress and time being put into something that is supposed to be fun. We are in the middle of a home purchase currently and if the bank wants this loan to be paid off and a new loan opened we aren't sure we are able to do that at this time because our loan officer said not to run any credit bureaus until the home closes because they will run another credit report before closing. Things just keep getting better and better with this camper!!!!!!

All fingers, thumbs *and* toes crossed for ya.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 03-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #302

The weather here is calling for 4" - 6" of snow overnight.....hope this does not cause a delay in our progress again
Old 03-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
The weather here is calling for 4" - 6" of snow overnight.....hope this does not cause a delay in our progress again
The way your LUCK has been I'm sure it will, Hang in there. I guess it's easy for me to say....Good Luck....

Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #304
Site Team

Quote:
Glad your getting the snow and not me! Thats right the NO SNOW things, its all about Me! Im done with snow
Best of luck

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #305
NELA

70* right now, with the night's low being 27*

DH went out to put an oil radiator in the 5er, and turned the little ceramic heater from low to high.

We're about to get NAILED again with possible sleet and/or snow. HUGE front moving down very quickly.

Here's hoping this weather doesn't prevent you getting a call with GREAT NEWS tomorrow!

Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #306
NELA

And just to tell you how fast this front is moving, it's now 64*.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #307

I don't wish to take anything away from the OP and I know the pain and stress you are dealing with. I know it from first hand and wish you the best.What I have an issue with is the piling on. I don't think that FR is producing junk nor do I think that the hardworking employees deserve the treatment they are getting from some of you. I am guessing that you are all happy with your rigs. I also see that some if the loudest own nice 2014 rigs. Let's see how this works out and lend support to the OP with out condemning FR and their employees. I have no first hand info about this issue the Browns are having. I am shocked to hear that their is no more direct communication between FR and the OP. I hope that they get it worked out and from my dealings with FR I am sure they will make it right. There is no reason to take on the OP's issues as your own. Reading this thread it sounds like everyone has a POS rig and that's just not the case. I know that there are issues on some units. I think that I counted four in this thread. Really from the tone it has taken it sounds like more. I wish the OP all the best and will be waiting for news in a positive outcome for them and the others.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #308

“I am a strong individualist by personal habit, inheritance, and conviction; but it is a mere matter of common sense to recognize that the State, the community, the citizens acting together, can do a number of things better than if they were left to individual action.”
― Theodore Roosevelt, The Man In The Arena: Speeches and Essays by Theodore Roosevelt

It is far easier to think we are a nuisance when only our voice reaches FR. Our experience has been by chance, and could easily have been anyone's experience. In that reality it is ALL of ours. By the same token the final outcome for our family will be ALL of our victory too.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #309

Quote:
“I am a strong individualist by personal habit, inheritance, and conviction; but it is a mere matter of common sense to recognize that the State, the community, the citizens acting together, can do a number of things better than if they were left to individual action.”
― Theodore Roosevelt, The Man In The Arena: Speeches and Essays by Theodore Roosevelt

It is far easier to think we are a nuisance when only our voice reaches FR. Our experience has been by chance, and could easily have been anyone's experience. In that reality it is ALL of ours. By the same token the final outcome for our family will be ALL of our victory too.
Very grand but from here it sounds like a lot of people bitching about a few peoples problems. I have dealt with FR with no one looking over their shoulder and I can say that they stepped forward un assisted and did the right thing at great cost to them.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I don't wish to take anything away from the OP and I know the pain and stress you are dealing with. I know it from first hand and wish you the best.What I have an issue with is the piling on. I don't think that FR is producing junk nor do I think that the hardworking employees deserve the treatment they are getting from some of you. I am guessing that you are all happy with your rigs. I also see that some if the loudest own nice 2014 rigs. Let's see how this works out and lend support to the OP with out condemning FR and their employees. I have no first hand info about this issue the Browns are having. I am shocked to hear that their is no more direct communication between FR and the OP. I hope that they get it worked out and from my dealings with FR I am sure they will make it right. There is no reason to take on the OP's issues as your own. Reading this thread it sounds like everyone has a POS rig and that's just not the case. I know that there are issues on some units. I think that I counted four in this thread. Really from the tone it has taken it sounds like more. I wish the OP all the best and will be waiting for news in a positive outcome for them and the others.

Phil, my wife and I have said nothing but good things about there employees, especially the gentleman named joe at the plant. He had the best customer service I have ever seen. We even sent a letter asking FR to give this guy some sort of award for his award winning customer service. I have stated several times that we were treated like gold when we were at the plant. Now let's get down to the nuts and bolts of this story. There were a lot of things mishandled in our opinion that should have been a real easy decision. I think there are a few people on here just starting there journey that we have already been through. I do believe that this will work out some how. I even stated that I would purchase another Sabre because we like the camper. Yes I am upset with how things have went concerning our camper. This shouldn't be a 5 month marathon to get these issues resolved. I am man enough to tell everyone on here that I apologize if I have offended them in any way. I just want my problems resolved like you or anyone else on this forum would. I don't think I am asking for more than I deserve, just want to be treated fair. Again, I will own another Sabre because I do believe that my dealer and Sabre will have this worked out tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #311

Mad Daddy I'm with you 100%. I hopefully didn't imply any different. Reading some of the other posters is my point. I think that the forum is a great place to vet problems like this. This is a great place to post issues and get answers. My comments where aimed at what I saw as helping you yell. I think you have your voice and used it properly. Other saying "I'm sorry you have a problem how can I help" is different than the discourse I read from a couple of posters. I have only dealt with the Brekshire folks and that is my only contacts with FR. I can say that I have 100% confidence in having any issue with Berkshire resolved fairly. I hope that you have that outcome.Again if I apologize if my comments implied you were in anyway wrong.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #312
Site Team

Û
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Very grand but from here it sounds like a lot of people bitching about a few peoples problems. I have dealt with FR with no one looking over their shoulder and I can say that they stepped forward un assisted and did the right thing at great cost to them.
Sad story for sure!
I call it shoddy workmanship x2 by sabre team. Shameful actually.
And to try to sell it to someone else like that. ugh
You can put the bitching spin on it if you like.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #313
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Û
Sad story for sure!
I call it shoddy workmanship x2 by sabre team. Shameful actually.
And to try to sell it to someone else like that. ugh
You can put the bitching spin on it if you like.
Who said it was getting sold to anybody?

Pretty big assumption on anybody's part really.

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
Old 03-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #314

I sure hope this gets resolved soon and I'd sure like to hear the other side of the story.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Old 03-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #315
Site Team

Were they not looking for a dealer to take it. Thought i read that.
The pictures tell some of the story.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #316
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Were they not looking for a dealer to take it. Thought i read that.

Yes, but that in no way says forest river or even sabre or the dealer for that matter is going to throw some tire shine on it and kick it out on the lot for resale.

TURBS

Think spring!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #317
Site Team

Why would a dealer want it if not to sell?

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #318
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

The other side of the story im guessing.

TURBS

Think spring!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #319

Quote:
Price anything low enough "as-is" and someone will buy it.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #320

Platokid I'm really not trying to be a FR fan here and not wanting to argue someone else's problems. What issue are you having with your 5th wheel? Is it a Saber? I think that FR deserves a bit of a black eye for not getting the OP unit fixed correctly. We all get that and I think they do also. Is it to much to ask that the discourse fair?

Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty