Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Always Learning

Neat Sabre Layout - 36KSTB

I was just on the Palomino/Sabre site looking at floorplans and specs. Just took notice that they've introduced a mid-ship bunkhouse. I really dig these as they give you the nice living area of a couples-trailer, yet still are functional with a decent sized bunkhouse for the kids (or guests).

It wouldn't work for us since we often travel with my in-laws, but I do really like it:

What do you think of it? Thoughts? Opinions? Good/bad/etc?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:06 PM   #2

There are a couple brands offering this similar floorplan - pretty neat !!
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Always Learning

I know Crusader had something like this a while ago but the room was much more narrow. I think they stopped making it but you'd see one out in the wild every once in a while.

I also think of my in-laws with these layouts. My MIL likes to have a crafting space.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #4

Crusader makes a four slide but its not a bunk room - it is a double bath vanity upstairs - not on the main floor
Old 12-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #5

I'm glad they kept the big shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I really like that. I just told dh we bought ours a year too early. He said he still likes RE style living area better. Can you imagine a midship bunk with a rear entertainment floor plan. I would be in love.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I really like that. I just told dh we bought ours a year too early. He said he still likes RE style living area better. Can you imagine a midship bunk with a rear entertainment floor plan. I would be in love.

(Sheepish) I thought that WAS a RE. What is a rear entertainment floor plan?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
(Sheepish) I thought that WAS a RE. What is a rear entertainment floor plan?

HUH?!?!? I am confused...this IS a rear entertainment with mid bunks
Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #9

Oops - i should know better - we have a rear entertainment with huge rear window fireplace under it with television on a lift

This is rear LIVING meaning couch or chairs at back instead of off to either side
Old 12-01-2014, 08:59 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Oops - i should know better - we have a rear entertainment with huge rear window fireplace under it with television on a lift

This is rear LIVING meaning couch or chairs at back instead of off to either side

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Correct, rear entertainment is tv at the back wall (preferably with Large window). That is a type of rear living with a side entertainment kind of like the 33ckts.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #12
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
I was just on the Palomino/Sabre site looking at floorplans and specs. Just took notice that they've introduced a mid-ship bunkhouse. I really dig these as they give you the nice living area of a couples-trailer, yet still are functional with a decent sized bunkhouse for the kids (or guests).

It wouldn't work for us since we often travel with my in-laws, but I do really like it:

What do you think of it? Thoughts? Opinions? Good/bad/etc?
Seen that a few weeks ago. Interesting concept, but with 3 kids from 3 to 13 years old and usually an extra 1or 2 of thier friends, its just not big enough for us.
I'm hoping Saber comes out with a 5 slide bunkhouse like the sandpiper/sierra 385bh in the future or we will just stick with our 36qbok
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #13
Camper Less Camping

With us having only 2 kids, layout would work out great and still have room on the floor of the mid room for sleeping bags for kids guest...I like

Old 12-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #14

I like all of it, but would miss the second bathroom. But as kids get older, less of an issue. And I think I would like that huge back area kitchen and sitting in its place.

Would the big couch be a sleeper sofa? If so true queen size then, nice bonus
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #15
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
I like all of it, but would miss the second bathroom. But as kids get older, less of an issue. And I think I would like that huge back area kitchen and sitting in its place.

Would the big couch be a sleeper sofa? If so true queen size then, nice bonus
Interesting that you mention the 1/2 bath. I was just talking to my wife about the 2nd bath saying that we don't use it nearly as much as I thought we would. She reminded me that it does get used quite a bit when we travel with our in-laws (which is often). She's right that it's really nice that they have their own space and we have ours.

The big thing that I think is missing is an outdoor kitchen. That's hard to give up!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #16

I saw that floorplan recently as well and showed it to the wife, you should have seen the look she gave me....she wasn't near as excited about it as I was
While we love our current trailer we sure miss the openness of our last one with the opposing slides to open up the rear living room\entertainment floor plan.

And our half bath gets a ton of use so that would be a big thing for us to get rid of. It is DD3's "own bathroom" that she loves and uses all the time. It also gets use from visitors as we usually end up hanging out near our camper and it's easy in and out for them.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Interesting that you mention the 1/2 bath. I was just talking to my wife about the 2nd bath saying that we don't use it nearly as much as I thought we would. She reminded me that it does get used quite a bit when we travel with our in-laws (which is often). She's right that it's really nice that they have their own space and we have ours.

The big thing that I think is missing is an outdoor kitchen. That's hard to give up!
We got a chance to see the Salem Hemisphere 356. That was the most impressive bunkhouse I've seen - with 2 full bathrooms and the outdoor kitchen. Inside living space is a little small for a trailer that size, but the bedroom space is impressive.

http://forestriverinc.com/FifthWheel...pe=fifthwheels

And I see Salem has added their version of the mid-bunkhouse. The 368 RLBH is similar to the plan in the first post.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #18
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
We got a chance to see the Salem Hemisphere 356. That was the most impressive bunkhouse I've seen - with 2 full bathrooms and the outdoor kitchen. Inside living space is a little small for a trailer that size, but the bedroom space is impressive.

Hemisphere Fifth Wheel by Forest River
That's very similar to my 36QBOK except that it's a full bath in the rear vs. a 1/2 bath back there. The bunkhouse room is hard to beat. It's great for us having 2 kids and 2 adults (or a friend for my daughter) that travel with us often.

I think it's a neat layout. The Hemispheres just never did much for the wife or I.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #19

Quote:
I think it's a neat layout. The Hemispheres just never did much for the wife or I.
I would agree - the Sabre has a much more appealing look/finish. But that floor plan with the second full bath and the rear entry door does stand out.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #20
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
I would agree - the Sabre has a much more appealing look/finish. But that floor plan with the second full bath and the rear entry door does stand out.
Though, with our length- I've been known to put the back into the bushes or off an overhang/drop off a time or two.

My wife's aunt and uncle have a bunkhouse model that has a door on the driver's side to the rear 1/2 bath. I'm not sure how much I'd like to have to walk around to that side to do my thing. Especially with some of the RV parks we've been to where you'd feel like you were walking into the neighbor's spot to do so.

Tags
sabre