Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 10:53 AM   #1

OneControl Gateway

We just bought a 2021 Sabre 37FLH and can't seem to find the OneControl Gateway to sync the control panel to our phones. We have looked in every cabinet and behind the control panel, but can't seem to find it. We go back to the dealer later this week, but wanted to see if anyone else knew where to find it.

Thanks!
cthousand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #2

i have a recently purchased 37FLH too. the only thing i needed to do once i downloaded the app from the google play store to my samsung phone was to open the app, scan the QR code that should be right next to the One Control panel and type in the code for your RV that should be right there with the QR code.

if there is a piece of hardware called a "gateway", then its likely located inside the cabinet behind the One Control touch screen panel. however, the cabinet behind the touch screen is entirely enclosed.

i went thru every cabinet in my FLH but did not see any such gateway.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:45 PM   #3

Unfortunately, I think the dealer must have remove the QR code when they prepped it. We even popped off the touch screen to see if it was behind it, but there was nothing in there. The gateway should have another QR code and a password to use to log in as well.

I read somewhere that it might be behind the radio in the living room, but don't want to start removing stuff until I know for sure.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #4

It could be in any one of dozens of places. No consistency with a FR unit. My actual hardware is behind the Jensen radio. The sticker showing the password was in an overhead cabinet next to the microwave. If you find the sticker then it has the password for the WiFi router. Log on, start the downloaded app and you’re good to go.

FYI, when setting up the app the first time you need internet access for setting up your LCI user info.
Old 08-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #5

are you sure you have that feature? I have One Control and it does not have the gateway or wifi. If you pull out the touch screen you'll see a molex female connection, that's where the gateway plugs in. if it's empty like mine you don't have it.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:10 PM   #6

I too do not recall anything resembling WiFi or a "gateway" of any kind.

I would NOT suggest to remove the Drive entertainment head unit in the living room, unless you plan to replace it, like i did. There's nothing behind it other than the top and back of the fireplace and the wiring harnesses for the head unit. I threw my Drive head unit out last week and replaced it, since it was garbage. There was nothing but wires and space behind it.

Once you download the app to your phone, be sure that bluetooth is enabled and turn on location services, otherwise you will never connect to the panel. Once you connect via bluetooth and open the app, scan the QR code, enter the passcode that came on a sticker with the QR code and that should be it. the passcode is individual to each sabre and contains the features that correlate to your coach and will be enabled on the phone app, once completed.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #7

....also, if your going back to the dealer later this week, be sure to check EVERYTHING over, as much as possible. And when i say everything, i mean make sure the cable connections work in the bedroom, youre satisfied with the water pressure to all water fixtures, your backsplashes have not come separated from the RV's side walls, no window leaks, etc. These are some warranty issues I'm currently trying to get resolved. I've had my unit in for work once last month and its going back again for more work tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #8

Mine is a 2018 version and I don’t know if LCI has discontinued the Gateway. Seems unlikely since they recently came out with a cellular option to connect to the internet via the gateway.

If you do a search for WiFi networks you should see one beginning with MyRv............. I usually see several of those networks when camping. However, to log on to your network you have to have the password shown on the gateway or on the mysterious sticker somewhere in one of your cabinets.

If you find the gateway and if you have a Netgear Nighthawk M1 cellular hotspot you can connect it to the gateway for internet access via the gateway (has a little more reception range than the Nighthawk)
Old 08-11-2020, 07:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Mine is a 2018 version and I don’t know if LCI has discontinued the Gateway. Seems unlikely since they recently came out with a cellular option to connect to the internet via the gateway.

If you do a search for WiFi networks you should see one beginning with MyRv............. I usually see several of those networks when camping. However, to log on to your network you have to have the password shown on the gateway or on the mysterious sticker somewhere in one of your cabinets.

If you find the gateway and if you have a Netgear Nighthawk M1 cellular hotspot you can connect it to the gateway for internet access via the gateway (has a little more reception range than the Nighthawk)

The new Sabre units do not come with WiFi any longer, but can be added with after-market products. The dealer that sold the unit will know if they added a WiFi gateway, but it definitely did not come from Forest River with one.

I looked at all the features listed when i bought my FLH and WiFi was not listed anywhere. I also turned WiFi on my phone while inside my RV and scanned for wireless networks, but no network was found starting with "MyRv". I do find my RV when scanning for bluetooth devices to connect with though. The One Control system will show up in your list of available bluetooth devices as "LCIRemotexxxxxx"
Old 08-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
The new Sabre units do not come with WiFi any longer, but can be added with after-market products. The dealer that sold the unit will know if they added a WiFi gateway, but it definitely did not come from Forest River with one.

I looked at all the features listed when i bought my FLH and WiFi was not listed anywhere. I also turned WiFi on my phone while inside my RV and scanned for wireless networks, but no network was found starting with "MyRv". I do find my RV when scanning for bluetooth devices to connect with though. The One Control system will show up in your list of available bluetooth devices as "LCIRemotexxxxxx"
I don’t think FR ever advertised WiFi in reference to the OC system, although they do if the Wilson Electronics systems are installed. I guess the dealers are expected to let customers know about the OC remote features but I’ve met a lot of owners who had no idea of the feature or the available app.

I’m curious why FR would drop the WiFi version in favor of Bluetooth. WiFi has much better range compared to BT. And, it appears (based on comments in this thread) owners are going to run into problems replacing the BT module batteries because the module is hidden somewhere.

Just another reason I will avoid the OC system in any future RV I may get. I’ve already managed to get some of the various lighting systems modified to use a switch rather than the OC panel. Next up is changing the operation of the exterior lights, slide, awning, water pump and water heater.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #11

Quote:
I don’t think FR ever advertised WiFi in reference to the OC system, although they do if the Wilson Electronics systems are installed. I guess the dealers are expected to let customers know about the OC remote features but I’ve met a lot of owners who had no idea of the feature or the available app.

I’m curious why FR would drop the WiFi version in favor of Bluetooth. WiFi has much better range compared to BT. And, it appears (based on comments in this thread) owners are going to run into problems replacing the BT module batteries because the module is hidden somewhere.

Just another reason I will avoid the OC system in any future RV I may get. I’ve already managed to get some of the various lighting systems modified to use a switch rather than the OC panel. Next up is changing the operation of the exterior lights, slide, awning, water pump and water heater.

I certainly wouldn't mind having an option for WiFi in my FLH. I had one in my previous 2019 Keystone Springdale and it was prominently advertised on a sticker next to the outside camper door. That said, unfortunately, I don't have Wilson Electronics installed in my new rig.

And you're correct, it's up to the dealers to properly educate the owners on all the features of a newly purchased RV. Unfortunately, they don't spend any time going over the OC remote features during the walk-through when picking up your rig. I got mine at CampingWorld and they sell so many of these each week that there's simply not enough time to squeeze in a long and thorough walk-through as one would like. Gotta figure it out on your own.

Also, the reason FR likely dropped the WiFi in favor of the bluetooth is cost. Installing that bluetooth LCI OC console is probably much cheaper than having to wire and install a panel of rocker switches, installing another cabinet door to hide the panel, and then installing the WiFi gateway. Plus, I guess they figure if you use bluetooth to your phone for the remote functions, you don't need a separate WiFi connection too. It's already on your smartphone, so that's your new gateway now.

I don't think the reliability of the single OC panel for controlling the accent lights, the glides, leveling, awning, etc. will last as long as the tried and true rocker panel switches. At some point, I'll probably have to remove the OC panel and replace with rockers, or upgrade to a new unit. The problem is more and more RV manufacturers are going to the OC panel setup in their new models to save money and improve their bottom line.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:09 PM   #12

I don’t see any money savings. All the wires for the controlled lights/devices terminate at one of three or four magic boxes. Those boxes are controlled via inputs to the OC panel or from the app. Those boxes run from just over $100 to more than $400 each so a complete setup will retail for $700-$1000. I think FR is pushing bling over functionality.

Oh yeah, for the record I really dislike the whole OC system. If I had known prior to purchase what a loser it was I probably would have bought something else. At least I’m slowly getting the functions back to switches.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #13

Quote:
I don’t see any money savings. All the wires for the controlled lights/devices terminate at one of three or four magic boxes. Those boxes are controlled via inputs to the OC panel or from the app. Those boxes run from just over $100 to more than $400 each so a complete setup will retail for $700-$1000. I think FR is pushing bling over functionality.

Oh yeah, for the record I really dislike the whole OC system. If I had known prior to purchase what a loser it was I probably would have bought something else. At least I’m slowly getting the functions back to switches.

I agree about the bling factor. The OC panel is much cleaner and less busy looking, and appears to be more technologically updated, but it's not as reliable as the good ole switch panel (IMHO).

But I guarantee its a cost issue that they don't install a traditional panel that you and I are used to. The Sabre line was acquired by Cherokee and they are known to do whatever is most cost effective to keep the prices of their coaches thousands less than their competitors. A Montana or Solitude with the same floorplan as the FLH I bought, it would've cost $10K to $20K more. They are definitely not built the same. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:25 PM   #14

ONE Control Hotspot (WiFi)

Hello all, I have a 2021Sabre FLH with the WiFi ONE Control Hotspot wall plate with connectors located in a cabinet just outside the bedroom. What I am trying to figure out is what else do I need to connect to this wall plate with the connectors to get WiFi. I checked the LCI site and only seen a cell phone booster.
alsimmon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsimmon11 View Post
Hello all, I have a 2021Sabre FLH with the WiFi ONE Control Hotspot wall plate with connectors located in a cabinet just outside the bedroom. What I am trying to figure out is what else do I need to connect to this wall plate with the connectors to get WiFi. I checked the LCI site and only seen a cell phone booster.
Are you sure it’s the WiFi version? Use your phone to find a hotspot as described in post #8. If you find the WiFi signal you can use it like a normal router. You’ll need a cellular hotspot to connect to it to get internet.

Not sure what you mean by “connectors” so a picture would help.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
....also, if your going back to the dealer later this week, be sure to check EVERYTHING over, as much as possible. And when i say everything, i mean make sure the cable connections work in the bedroom, youre satisfied with the water pressure to all water fixtures, your backsplashes have not come separated from the RV's side walls, no window leaks, etc. These are some warranty issues I'm currently trying to get resolved. I've had my unit in for work once last month and its going back again for more work tomorrow.
Agreed, we are already having issues with the insulation coming down from the bottom and the doors not shutting. Still haven't gotten word on the gateway yet...hopefully soon.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsimmon11 View Post
We have the same thing. I believe you have to buy the following, but not sure because it looks a little pricey to me:

https://store.lci1.com/connectanywhere-upgrade
Old 08-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #18

I too had problems with the outside door and door to the bedroom not closing.

With the outside door, I found the bottom left corner would not close all the way and had to be pushed to fully close. If this is happening to you too, I discovered my MOR/Ryde Quad “Step Above” Entry/Exit folding steps weren't down all the way and the left side of the door was catching on the top lip of those steps. Once they're down so that the top step lip is contacting the bottom of the door opening at the floor, you should notice it close perfectly.

With the door that goes to my bedroom, it just wasn't latching and I had to have CampingWorld move the latch strike plate a bit and it solved the issue. I noticed afterwards that if the RV is not level when parked at my house, the door would still have trouble staying latched, but once correctly leveled, no further problems.

I'm pretty good at fixing this kind of stuff myself, but I figured its a brand new RV and I shouldn't need to be correcting all this stuff if it passed the dealerships prep that cost me $800. So my rigs been with Campingworld for warranty service on these issues one out of the last three months I've owned it.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:54 PM   #19

This is quickly becoming ridiculous. We talked to the dealer and they said they couldn't find it but they must have put it on one of the manuals that they gave us. We looked at the manuals and couldn't find anything. We called LCI and they said they couldn't help us unless we found the gateway. They said to call Forest River. We called Forest River and emailed, but they send us to voicemail and won't return either. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:04 PM   #20

I'm very sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with this.

Have you brought the manuals to the dealer to find the LCI OC label with the QR code and password on it? If they can't find it, I'd have them to put in a warranty claim to have it replaced by Forest River. You paid for that feature/function, but you wont be able to use it without that little label. Be patient when they submit a claim on your behalf. It'll take FR at least four weeks to approve the claim and then the dealer can order and install another control panel for you.

Alternatively, the dealer you purchased the Sabre from could replace the OC system with an identical one from another FLH. Unfortunately, you'll probably need to raise hell before they'll do it, but its worth a try.