Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #1

Plumbing diagram Sabre 281RLDS.

Anyone know where I can get a diagram of how the plumbing lines are run. Really strange incident today when moving out from the years last camping trip. Wanted to give the black tank a good flush. When I started up the black tank flush a leak started near a T connection that goes up into a small opening. Could not see the exact location of the leak so stopped the flush. Leak stopped. After taking care of several other tasked decided to take a shot at finding the leak again. Started up the flush valve and no leak. Was able to do an extensive flush and looked everywhere for water and could not find the leak anywhere. Really would like to investigate but three pipe disappear into this small opening that I can't see into. Any ideas? Weird I know!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
TN2TRAVEL

09 Duramax with Alice

12 Palomino Sabre 281RLDS
TN2TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
Site Team

Doesn't exist.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #3

Even thought I don't have your exact floorplan, they are similar and came off the same production line just two years apart. I've removed the plywood panels behind the outdoor shower to discover the black tank flush supply pipe actually goes up into the bathroom sink storage/cabinet area, connects to a device (possible leak location) then travels back down through the floor enroute to the black tank. Weird routing but certainly worth investigation.

Now that I'm this deep into the belly of the beast (crawling around the basement storage area) I will also caulk the holes where the water lines pass through the floor and add some PVC valves to the water pump for easy winterizing. If you get into this area also zip tie wires and water lines away from the back side (inboard) of the propane furnace. It gets really hot during operation right where the silver duct exits the unit.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #4

Check Valve/Vacuum Breaker

The problem you had was your check valve for the black flush got stuck and water came out of the vacuum breaker relief port. When you turned the water off, everything in the check valve went back into place and fixed itself. The next time you used it, it didn't leak. It may never happen again, but keep your eyes on it.

Bruce
Old 11-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
Site Team

Might be worth replacing the cheap plastic breaker with this one. Its on my to do list.

Amazon.com: San-T-Flush Brass Vacuum Breaker Assembly (UV101): Automotive

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
The problem you had was your check valve for the black flush got stuck and water came out of the vacuum breaker relief port. When you turned the water off, everything in the check valve went back into place and fixed itself. The next time you used it, it didn't leak. It may never happen again, but keep your eyes on it.

Bruce
That must be the "gizmo" under the bathroom sink on the black tank flush line. Thanks to nomad & Plato for the info and Amazon link. Almost got enough items for free shipping.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #7

Thanks for the information. Just what I was looking for. Greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
TN2TRAVEL

09 Duramax with Alice

12 Palomino Sabre 281RLDS
TN2TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, plumbing, sabre