Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2023, 04:35 PM   #1

Rig always static but never level

Our 21 Sabre 37FLH has been parked on a concrete pad in our RV park for over two years. We have that cheapo Lippert awning that barely makes it over the dining slide-out and almost every time that we attempt to extend it out the panel displays a fault and we have to relevel the rig. I have scissors jacks on each rear corner, just touching, behind the stabilizers.
Our pad solid and level. Our tire pressure does not fluctuate, we don't bring the slides in or out. I frequently check the rig with a level and it looks level. It's quite annoying.
We are too old to make it rock so I'm at a loss. I have 2 more jacks, should I try them mid-point on the frame between the front jacks and rear stabilizers? I imagine that I would have to rip the bottom open to find the gyro and am not sure if it would show anything that would help me. What do y'all think?
jpkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 10:40 AM   #2

Have you tried re-calibrating the default "level" point via the OneControl panel?

2021 Sabre 36BHQ
2022 Ram 3500 Cummins (Dually)
FiveAndDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 10:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndDime View Post
Have you tried re-calibrating the default "level" point via the OneControl panel?
Hi Stephen, thank you for your reply. No I have not. Actually, I didn't know of any such thing. Would I have to take the Onecontrol at its word or could I pre-level it and make that the default? Thanks again.
jpkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 11:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkelly View Post
Hi Stephen, thank you for your reply. No I have not. Actually, I didn't know of any such thing. Would I have to take the Onecontrol at its word or could I pre-level it and make that the default? Thanks again.
Fortunately, you don't have to take the OneControl level for its word! We had this come up when we first got our '21 36BHQ. I could "feel" that it wasn't level when using the Auto Level and the bedroom and bathroom doors would not stay in one place when you opened them part-way.

You can use a box level or a can of soup on the floor in both the X and Y axis to make sure that you're truly level using the manual adjustment, and then recalibrate the actual level point. This will ensure that whether you Auto Level (probably not as useful in your situation) or if you make any manual adjustments, the OneControl sensor matches a true level.

Here's a link to a video from Lippert explaining how to do this:

2021 Sabre 36BHQ
2022 Ram 3500 Cummins (Dually)
FiveAndDime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 11:20 AM   #5

Here is the LCI Master Manual for leveling. Find your specific system and go to the 'set zero point' section. https://support.lci1.com/master-owne...-stabilization
Also, lots of good info you need to know about your system.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote