Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #1

Sabre 35qsik

SabreSam,

Ordering up 35qsik and wondering if I can get theater seating and free standing dinette w/ extension in that unit?

I saw this setup in a 33ckts and loved it. Hoping i can as the slide are both 144 inch.

Thanks!!

Wlhm
wlhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:29 AM   #2

I bet you can. We ordered our 36qbok with the regular booth dinette and 2 lazyboy recliners
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #3

Factory Rep SabreSam should know. Link: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-28599-58.html
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #4

We just got our 2014 QSIK and wanted that but the dealer said that set up on the QSIK looks awkward, not sure, that's just what they told us.
aezell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:57 AM   #5

Not sure how dealer would know it looks "awkward" and I don't really care about dealers opinion. I tried the u shaped booth dinette and found the portion along the slide wall is so small no adult could sit there. Not sure my small kids could use it either. Thank God I tried it cause the dinette was nearly worthless only seating for two.

Then the factory main slide couch is terribly small. So I saw a 33ckts with theater seating and LOVED it. Not sure I can give up the comfy recliners in my rear living Jayco just to sit in an uncomfortable couch and dinette for $40,000.

Factory rep whom I have talked with in person said theater seating and free standing dinette is no problem and can be easily installed. He also admitted the u shaped dinette was too small alomg the wall and he would bring it up at the factory.

I measured the slide at 144 inches in both the 35 qsik and 33ckts as the same.

Theater seating was super comfy and even fully reclined only came past the edge of the slide out carpet a few inches.

I wanted a bunkhouse for the kids comfort but wife and I still need our comfort too.

I hope you like your 35qsik! Happy camping!
wlhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
Always Learning

For our u-shape dinette, if anyone but kids is sitting along the wall, I just take the back cushion out and lay it on the sofa. Instant room.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:46 PM   #7

That's exactly why we went with the standard booth dinette in place of the u shaped one.
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #8

we ordered are unit (35 qsik) last year... received the 2014 model.. I needed to make the table slide on tracks just to make enough room against the wall.. making new cushions this spring for the seat against the wall.. certainly shouldn' t need to but that's just the way it goes. we ordered are unit from wanarv.com.. really couldn't beat the price.. there after sales service is absolutely HORRIBLE!! air conditioning stopped working, outside fridge never worked, inside hot water switch still doesn't work(need to use switch outside on the hot water tank to turn on), slides were so off that you could see light through the seals, speakers outside didn't work, furnace wouldn't work(faulty thermo coupler), scratched counter top(told me to just sand it out,,, nice thanks for the help) the list just keeps going on!! Just so you can appreciate what kind of a person my wife and I are,, we never once complained but just fixed things one time after another... I hate complaining.. try to never have a bad day.... Once all these things started to add up and I am know over 2000.00 in repairs to the unit I'm not the happy camper I once was.. The dealer just brushed it off and WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER HELPING!!! Our experience with WanaRV can only be described as UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING!! My wife and I worked and saved over the last 8 years to pay cash for a new camper... This was not as rewarding as we had hoped..... Having said that we are making the best of it..... we did order the unit with the leather coach (Platinum edition). we added the glass door to the pantry... looks amazing.. We went with the dark exterior gel coat and slide out awnings, landing gear stabilizer bars, we also put on the air bag fifth wheel hitch(from air safe) that works absolutly amazing...... please let me know if i can help anyone else with this unit.. I have repaired pretty much everything except the fridge... In side fridge that is!

happy to share pictures if anyone would like...

Thanks!

MANITOBA CAMPERS..
Manitoba Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #9

^ Pics are always welcome.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Campers View Post
we ordered are unit (35 qsik) last year... received the 2014 model.. I needed to make the table slide on tracks just to make enough room against the wall.. making new cushions this spring for the seat against the wall.. certainly shouldn' t need to but that's just the way it goes. we ordered are unit from wanarv.com.. really couldn't beat the price.. there after sales service is absolutely HORRIBLE!! air conditioning stopped working, outside fridge never worked, inside hot water switch still doesn't work(need to use switch outside on the hot water tank to turn on), slides were so off that you could see light through the seals, speakers outside didn't work, furnace wouldn't work(faulty thermo coupler), scratched counter top(told me to just sand it out,,, nice thanks for the help) the list just keeps going on!! Just so you can appreciate what kind of a person my wife and I are,, we never once complained but just fixed things one time after another... I hate complaining.. try to never have a bad day.... Once all these things started to add up and I am know over 2000.00 in repairs to the unit I'm not the happy camper I once was.. The dealer just brushed it off and WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER HELPING!!! Our experience with WanaRV can only be described as UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING!! My wife and I worked and saved over the last 8 years to pay cash for a new camper... This was not as rewarding as we had hoped..... Having said that we are making the best of it..... we did order the unit with the leather coach (Platinum edition). we added the glass door to the pantry... looks amazing.. We went with the dark exterior gel coat and slide out awnings, landing gear stabilizer bars, we also put on the air bag fifth wheel hitch(from air safe) that works absolutly amazing...... please let me know if i can help anyone else with this unit.. I have repaired pretty much everything except the fridge... In side fridge that is!

Thanks!

MANITOBA CAMPERS..
Sorry to hear another bad luck story.
Did you contact sabre with your problems?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlhm View Post
SabreSam,

Ordering up 35qsik and wondering if I can get theater seating and free standing dinette w/ extension in that unit?

I saw this setup in a 33ckts and loved it. Hoping i can as the slide are both 144 inch.

Thanks!!

Wlhm
Dear Wlhm,
Sorry for the delay. I normally try to watch the "Ask the rep" thread and missed your post here. Yes you can order the freestanding with the theater seating. Some dealers may not realize that, but it can be done.

I hope that helps.

Sabresam
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Campers View Post

Thanks!

MANITOBA CAMPERS..
Dear Manitoba Campers
Feel free to PM me your name and serial number. I would like to contact Wana RV.

Thanks
Sabresam
Old 03-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #13
Here to Help

Dear Manitoba Campers
I have yet to receive your name and serial number. Please PM me your information so I can contact Wana on your behalf.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 AM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Manitoba Campers
I have yet to receive your name and serial number. Please PM me your information so I can contact Wana on your behalf.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app
Looks like they haven't been back to FRF just yet. I'm not sure that the app shows you this information, but you can always look at their profile and go to "statistics" to see someone's last activity:
Forest River Forums - View Profile: Manitoba Campers

Tags
sabre