Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #1
Campground Weekender

Thumbs down Sabre 36FLRB Dual Sofa FAIL!

Does anyone own a Front Living room 5th wheel? We have the two sofas across from each other each in it's own slide out...they are both tri fold sofas and the camper is supposed to sleep 6. This is one of the reasons we chose this model...

Last weekend, I went to unfold the second sofa so that our guests each had comfortable sleeping quarters....

Wellllllll, I opened the one on the left....and then started to unfold the one to the right...ummm it hit the bottom of the left one with about a 4 inch overhang, thereby, making the sofa bed un-usuable! How in anyone's mind would this be an acceptable design? Yes, I trusted too much and did not open it up at the dealership, simply taking for granted that it did what it advertised, I fully take that blame. And yes, before anyone asks, both slide outs are completely extended.

This is the 4th or 5th item that is not correct on this Sabre 36FLRB
Weekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #2

Not trying to be smart but can you slide the couches back anymore. They are not bolted down or anything.
bignugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:54 AM   #3
Campground Weekender

Angry Sofa Fail!

They are bolted to floor and the front of sofas are against the edge of the slides.....We even looked into unbolting them from frames that attach mechanisms to the arms etc and it can't be done because then would not be able to fold them back up properly. I spoke to a person in parts about it during a call about 2 of the other issues with this brand new camper and she told me it absolutely should NOT do that. I have to contact local FR dealer and pay for an on-site warranty visit I guess and hand them the laundry list....literally, there is roughly 8 things wrong with this camper --- from the sofas, to leaking water lines, to a disconnected heating vent that was damaged (crumpled from shoving the shelves in under the recliners), to there being no antenna connection in the bedroom! IT's ridiculous. I've been waiting since May for the correct TV bracket for the 50" TV in the man-cave .... It's insane.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #4

Weekends. All I can tell you is. You are not alone. Read my. just want to be loved post. Couple other post in the rant post. I'm probably going to make a few enemies on here. (get in line) But the true is. We just want the true and respect. When I read responses of basically. Suck it up cry baby.or your not happy without the drama of negative responses. Spoiled. Speaking for myself. And I'll bet for the most of us. We just want what is right and what we paid for!!!!!!!!!!!! My list of issues goes way beyond yours.( I'm not trying to make this a competition) My run ins with dealerships. etc. I am not new to rving. Been doing it for 30 years. So I know what can happen. What will happen. And what needs to be done. But this by far on one unit is totally over the top. Especially BRAND NEW! And I've had other new ones. Not to mention the dealership BS! So if you read my post JWTBL. This will make sense. I still love you Best of luck to you!!!
KBUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #5
Campground Weekender

Will read

I know exactly what you mean....I am really sorry we bought a brand new one. I think we were better off buying one 3 yrs old and it was already repaired from factory negligence.

We have ours parked in a permanent spot....I have to pay out of pocket to get a dealer to come look at it....I mean, seriously?

I will read your posts! I appreciate the compassion !

Tags
sabre