RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-17-2020, 11:02 AM   #1

Sabre 37FLL Tail Dragger

New Sabre owner here. Just picked up a 2021 37FLL. I stopped by the dealership to look at another 5th. wheel but then I seen the Sabre 37FLL floorplan and was sold. I call the upper loft The Crows Nest, this floorplan brought out the kid in me.

I noticed how low the drop frame is in the rear and the I-Beam already had drag marks in it from the transporter. The dealer addressed my concern and welded steel roller wheels on the tail end. The dealership said if that did not work for me they can lift the trailer by removing the suspension and welding a frame to the I Beams then re attaching the suspension.

My concern is overall height of the trailer. It would be between 13' 6" to 13' 8".

I was also looking at replacing the Castle Rock tires and seeing if a 2" taller tire would fit giving me 1" of more ground clearance instead of the lift.

Costs,
Lift 2 to 3 inches $1,600 or
Tires 1 inch of height gained <$1,000

What are some ideas or solutions?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:14 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new purchase! My husband and I are looking at this 5th wheel. Did you come up with a decision for the rear? Can you please tell me if the dining table has an extension of any type? Thanks! Janice
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
BroncoLvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLvrs View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase! My husband and I are looking at this 5th wheel. Did you come up with a decision for the rear? Can you please tell me if the dining table has an extension of any type? Thanks! Janice
The dealership sent it out for a 4 inch lift to be level with my truck and extra clearance on the back.

We went with the fixed booth dinette so I cant help you on the table question. The booth gave 2 large storage drawers under the seats.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre