Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 12:19 PM   #1

Sabre backup camera

Just picked up our 37flh and it has a backup camera. I am supposed to download an app for viewing the feed. However the QR code doesn’t work. I can’t tell what kind of camera it is. It says insight on the label.

Any ideas?
Ehunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:28 AM   #2

LCI OneControl is the app you need to download. Once you get it set up, there is a QR code on the bottom of the camera you will need to scan to add it. Also, you will need your running lights on for it to work.
BigDaddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:39 AM   #3

When you picked up your FLH, did the dealership not provide PDI before you left with the RV? They should've showed that to you before you left.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #4

I am set up on the onecontrol but the camera is not listed as a device and entering it manually like I found on several videos didn't work either. Scanning the qr code didn't work. i get a bluetooth device that appears but it wont let me connect to it... the camera is working ...was able to see the little red lights on it last night. ANy more suggestions? Keep 'em coming! We are heading out this weekend for a quick trip to Indy!
Old 04-20-2021, 09:23 AM   #5

Love the dealership (47 West Trailer Sales) and the service guys are great...second camper we bought from them and the PDI is the only complaint i have. I was explaining more than the lady that was doing the PDI.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehunn View Post
I am set up on the onecontrol but the camera is not listed as a device and entering it manually like I found on several videos didn't work either. Scanning the qr code didn't work. i get a bluetooth device that appears but it wont let me connect to it... the camera is working ...was able to see the little red lights on it last night. ANy more suggestions? Keep 'em coming! We are heading out this weekend for a quick trip to Indy!

The camera will not be listed in the OneControl system. Only lighting, leveling and slide outs.

I assume this is a backup camera on the back of the RV. You will need to pair it with the observation tablet that you should've received with the RV. To pair it, plug the tablet into a 12v outlet in your truck to power it on, then make sure your tow vehicle is connected to the 7-way cable on the RV, then turn on your lights.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #7

interesting because myrRV tablet keeps showing as an unconnected device. and i did not know what it was. The dealer said i hooked it up through my phone. I will call them right now.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:08 AM   #8

I'm curious, did you have the dealership install the camera for you, or was it included in the FLH when you bought it?
Old 04-20-2021, 10:13 AM   #9

Quote:
interesting because myrRV tablet keeps showing as an unconnected device. and i did not know what it was. The dealer said i hooked it up through my phone. I will call them right now.

Another question for you, so please forgive my ignorance. The tablet to which you're referring...is it the OneControl panel that's mounted on the wall of your RV, or is it a separate, hand-held device?

What you're hooking up thru your phone is pairing the bluetooth in the RV to the LCI app you've downloaded on your phone. The LCI phone app will control the slides, lighting and leveling on your FLH, but nothing else. It does tell you the current battery levels, but that's really it, unless they've done some major changes to its capabilities in 2020.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #10

On it when it rolled off the line in February. The online manual only speaks to the use of a phone...but it shows it adding easily.

The online manual for the 2021 model is one page that shows me connecting through my phone. All help is appreciated.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:30 AM   #11

Quote:
On it when it rolled off the line in February. The online manual only speaks to the use of a phone...but it shows it adding easily.

Very interesting, but very cool that they now include that with the RV. That was always an option in the 2020 and 2021 models, but now available on the 2021.5, which is what you've got.

So that's really nice and convenient if you can use your phone with that camera. Just so I can ask, did you connect the 7-way on your truck, turn on its lights so the camera is powered on, then scanned for any new and available devices on the LCI app on your phone? That's how I would think this all works, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #12

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!! Here is how to fix it - convenient flaw in the set up instructions, x2.

With your coach connected and truck lights turned on, stand in your coach and do the following from your phone.

1. Turn on your phone and check for a wifi connection NOT Bluetooth. The connection will read "INSIGHT_ xxxxx". connect to this.
2. Then follow direction to add device from the ONECONTROL App on your phone.
3. Use the "Manual Connection" and enter ONLY the "INSIGHT_ xxxxxx" and then no password. Do NOT use the 12 digit number on the camera sticker.
4. Then go back to the home screen and the Camera is a choice for you to select!!!!

There you have it!
Old 04-20-2021, 01:30 PM   #13

Quote:
ISSUE RESOLVED!!!! Here is how to fix it - convenient flaw in the set up instructions, x2.

With your coach connected and truck lights turned on, stand in your coach and do the following from your phone.

1. Turn on your phone and check for a wifi connection NOT Bluetooth. The connection will read "INSIGHT_ xxxxx". connect to this.
3. Use the "Manual Connection" and enter ONLY the "INSIGHT_ xxxxxx" and then no password. Do NOT use the 12 digit number on the camera sticker.
4. Then go back to the home screen and the Camera is a choice for you to select!!!!

There you have it!

NICE!!!....thanks for letting everyone know. I'm sure this won't be the first time another new Sabre owner will have this problem.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:15 PM   #14
Happy Camper

Quote:

There you have it!
I have A Sabre 37FLL and I do not get the wifi that you describe: "INSIGHT_ xxxxx".
I thought I had a solution for my camera, which does not work at all. I should not say that. I do get a still picture about every 5 minutes.
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #15

Thank you for this! I was racking my brain trying to figure this out!
DHEWITTJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:09 PM   #16

Thumbs up Thank you!!!

Quote:

There you have it!
You saved the day with this post!! I just picked up my Wolfpup 16FQ Wednesday and not one soul at the dealership had a clue how to do this and referred me back to Lippert..Checked out their site and not a lot of help...3 hours later and several attempts I stumble upon your post..Bingo!! First attempt following your detailed instructions I get that ever crappy, but admittedly helpful, rear view camera image on my phone..High five!!
Ehunn.....You win the helpful post of the day award. Thank you for taking the time to help us out in Pup land..You are truly appreciated! Have a beer on me!
Plaskian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, sabre