Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #21

dwa1000
we had similar issues with our bedroom slide also. screws didnt hold, not long enough or big enough. our small slide motor always sounds like it is overloaded. I added a bracket like you mentioned here too as it didn't seem like just tightening the loose screws would remedy this long term.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
I noticed the bedroom slide was working at a slight angle when going in and out. I opened the bed to view the slide and found the metal slide was not screwed in all the way to the wood brace on one side. I screwed it all the way in and it works better. As I looked at the wood support it looks twisted. I'm thinking of adding some small "L" bracket to support it. Has anyone else seen problems here?
The wood supports under my bed for the lift rods/shocks were distorted so I just removed the rods, don't really use that area anyway. My base plate was also loose and missing screws. Tightened and added more attaching hardware then took it one step farther and removed the plywood at the head of the bed, the area that hangs outside the wall when extended. Filled this cavity with insulation to help with heat retention in cold weather. Too much trouble to access under bed storage after adding mattress topper so we store permanent items like the original bed cover. Check your screw length so as not to drill into a water pipe below.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #23

We have had our Sabre select 29rlds for a year now. We have had a few minor issues, but nothing major that stopped us from using it. Have camped about 40 nights in since new. We are headed for Montana next week for a couple of weeks and expect no problems. Love the rig and our dealer. This is the sixth rv we have had, so we know what to expect out of them.
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #24

We bought a 292rlds a year ago and have just a couple small problems. Our dealer ( Open Road) in Monroe Wa. Fixed them with no hassles. We ate fortunate to have a good dealer within 8 miles of our house! Love our fifth wheel and have used it about 40 nights this year and over 4,000 miles. Work out the bugs and too will love it. Happy camping.
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:31 PM   #25

Buckeye Chuck, where have you traveled to with your unit and what are you pulling it with?
dgeck56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #26

We pulled it from Grand Rapids, Mi to Sandusky, Ohio about 250 miles each way. Mostly flat roads with one steep grade just south of Grand Rapids. No problems pulling with a F250, 6.2L gasser, 3.73 gears. Got a little over 10 MPG. Towed at 63 - 65 mph. That was our longest so far. Heading to Florida next fall from Michigan with stops in Nashville and Savana. I don't anticipate any problems.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:19 AM   #27

I am having problems with wa ter pressure in the shower. Any tips to try?
Mike48413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #28

Have you made sure there is nothing caught in the hose leading to the shower head? And take a good look at the shower head itself for any blockage.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #29

Yes I've already checked and changed the shower head
Old 02-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sabre issues

Mike 48413 On my Sabre both hoses in the basement leading up to the shower made a sharp bend, they put 90 degree hose benders on them but they still kinked.

I'd start there sir.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Any resolve on this ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #32

Checked hoses, they look good. I'm going to try putting T on 2 water sources and see if it is a water pressure issue within the RVpark.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #33

More issues with our 2014 Sabre. The last time we used it before putting it away for winter we had more trouble with both slides. The big slide would get about 3/4 of the way out, then make a big bang sound and would drop down enough to cause the carpet edge to stand up about 3" from touching the floor. Getting it back in the motor sounded like it was under heavy load until about 1/2 way back in and then sounded normal. We still have the plastic protector strips I made earlier to keep the skids under it from tearing up the linoleum more.

The bedroom slide has always sounded like the motor was under duress since it was new. Only getting worse.

We took it to the nearest Sabre dealer to us which was 80 miles away. The work was under warranty. What they found was; with the big slide there were many screws and fasteners that were missing on the underside of the slide box itself. The dealer said this was definately a factory issue. Many of the fasteners that were there were also damaged due to the overstressing from the missing ones. There was also some piece of plastic trim along the full length of the slide box that is supposed to make it easier for one of the seals to slide and not get kinked up, that piece was never installed at the factory. The motor end of the slide rail under the floor was also missing or never had installed all the mounting bolts. The dealer said that no loose bolts or nuts were found in the enclosed under belly so they felt they were never installed at the factory.

The bedroom slide was missing the same plastic pieces along the edge of the box sides. Thus one of the inside seals was damaged and a seal under the slide box had been pulled inside and was wadded and rolled up under the slide box. The dealer said that there was indication that that seal was not properly installed.

We also had them fix the ceiling light above the toilet. We couldn't open the cabinet above the toiled because the ceiling panel sagged down so bad that it blocked the cabinet door from opening. The dealer had to open up the ceiling and install stud bracing for the ceiling panels to be fastened to. They said this was a factory issue as well.

We are also having issues with almost all the hinges on our cabinets seizing up tight as they get used. The hinges get so tight that the screws begin to strip out of the wood.
We went to an RV show a couple of weeks ago where there was a factory rep from Sabre there. I talked with him about our issues. I gave him a couple of our seized up hinges to take back to the factory. He said he had never seen this but is supposed to be looking into it and will "take care of this" for us. I have yet to hear back from him.

I want to say that the dealer we took our camper too is not the dealer we bought it from. We bought ours out of state, so this place was the closest authorized Forest River Sabre dealer to us. This place was GREAT to deal with. They treated us very well with everything. They had our camper 3 days and got all this work done. I don't know if its appropriate for me to name there here or not. But they get 5 stars from us. They even said that if we have any more issues to feel free to contact them again and they would do what they could for us to resolve it. It makes us feel alot better knowing that they will be there for us. I am pretty sure that we will have more issues to deal with before its done. Hopefully sooner or later we will have all the "issues" worked out? And can enjoy camping instead of fixing.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:26 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNanMinn View Post
I want to say that the dealer we took our camper too is not the dealer we bought it from. We bought ours out of state, so this place was the closest authorized Forest River Sabre dealer to us. This place was GREAT to deal with. They treated us very well with everything. They had our camper 3 days and got all this work done. I don't know if its appropriate for me to name there here or not. But they get 5 stars from us. They even said that if we have any more issues to feel free to contact them again and they would do what they could for us to resolve it. It makes us feel alot better knowing that they will be there for us. I am pretty sure that we will have more issues to deal with before its done. Hopefully sooner or later we will have all the "issues" worked out? And can enjoy camping instead of fixing.
If you had a good experience with a dealer by all means let us know who it was. We can always use more positive dealer reviews.

You can also post in our dealer reviews sub-forum.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #35

ok, I will do that. Just wasn't sure about it. Thanks for the review form info.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:15 PM   #36

The dealer who treated us so well is Hilmarson RV in Little Falls, MN. We didn't buy our camper from them, but they didn't care about that. They treated us just as if we did.
I can't say enough good things about our experience with them. They get an A++++ from us.

Tags
sabre