Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #1

Sabre issues

We just recently purchased a Sabre silhouette a cools months ago. We have had multiple issues with the water tank, hose fitting blowing off because of cheap clamps, stripped out screws, broken outside hatches and a few other issues. Is this normal in a brand new camper?
Palle man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #2

Maybe for Sabre

I Purchased a Sabre 5th wheel (non Silhouette) and have had nothing but factory type issues. Finally after two years I think I have enough confidence in it to travel comfortably. Not trying to scare you. All these rigs have issues. I just think Forest River and Sabre have more than normal. I am lucky as I have a great dealer but 200 miles a round trip. I just do what has to be done. I have gotten excellent support from Gary and Robert in the warranty division. I have invested a bit more dollars to get it where I felt it needed to be.

Did you purchase the 2nd year warranty for $150.00? (not sure it is offered on your Silhouette) I did and they honored everything that happened in year 2. My warranty expires on July 13th. I am a bit nervous.

Good luck.

2013 Ford F-350 SD Diesel, 4X4, Crew Cab, Lariat
Sabre 2014 32RCTS, Pullrite Superglide 2900 18K
Davidceder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle man View Post
We just recently purchased a Sabre silhouette a cools months ago. We have had multiple issues with the water tank, hose fitting blowing off because of cheap clamps, stripped out screws, broken outside hatches and a few other issues. Is this normal in a brand new camper?
Had the same issues and many more. My wife says the dealer has had it more than we have!
First trip the LP gas hose to the fridge that runs under the left tipout was pinched so the fridge wouldn't work on gas.
Got to Reno and the hot water tank went belly up on both gas & AC. Had several water leaks. Breakers keep tripping, propane tanks not switching,
most of the pull down shade end caps are missing so they don't work right, docking lights quit working etc....
I was told that it depends which day of the week your rig goes down the line. You don't want one that was built on Monday or Friday. Monday the crew is hung over and doesn't want to be there, Friday they want off for the week end. I don't know about that but maybe........
I think we are finally at the end of the Gremlins! (I hope)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 SABRE 32 RCTS-6 Platinum
2002 F350 SD 7.3 Powerstroke
tugger50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #4

sabre issues

We have a 2012 Sabre and have had more than enough issues with it. It also has been back to the dealer more than once. The fresh water tank kept leaking or over flowing, electrical issues, the craftsmanship is not very good either, and now the radio/Dvd player won't come on. Last week we were camping and I thought I heard water in the bedroom, sure enough the hatch cover had broken up into large pieces and rain was pouring in. We had a Flagstaff prior to this trailer and I wish we had it back.
linero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Guess I've been super fortunate!
Had minor issues at first, all were fixed quickly and promptly at the dealer in the first year.
Had a few things fixed in goshen otherwise we love our sabre and gary has bent over backwards to make our unit right.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #6

We've been lucky too. Day/night shade string broke, galley faucet handle stripped, both of which were replaced by dealer and installed by me.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

For the 2 years we had our new Sabre 5ver, we had only minor issues...still amazes me how one unit has few issues then another is a monster but that's our world these days...hang in there, get them repaired and continue Happy Camping! ")

Old 06-17-2015, 02:56 PM   #8

My only real issue was the no 110 power in the slide out at delivery. Dealer e back and fixed.

My issues with the stereo/sub woofer I believe are mainly due to it being a crap quality unit that tries to be more than it should. A 12v system like that will never measure up. Nothing a good sound bar and wireless sub won't fix.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
For the 2 years we had our new Sabre 5ver, we had only minor issues...still amazes me how one unit has few issues then another is a monster but that's our world these days...hang in there, get them repaired and continue Happy Camping! ")
X2. Generally minor issues (even with the factory return).

But, the disparity in severity of issues confounds me. And even the return/support process- some of us have had fantastic results (ok, so maybe the fubar'd mine once but they saved themselves) but others have nothing but bad to say about the return process (and they're level-keeled people).

Very strange. For the record, I love my Sabre and I'd gladly buy another.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:41 AM   #10

I had some minor issues mostly poor workmanship had some missing parts etc. one major issue with the curb side slide out that was corrected at the dealer now everything is fine and I am very happy with my 33 ckts.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #11

We purchased a 31RETS-6 from RV Wholesalers although we live in AZ. When we picked it up in OH, a tech as assigned to us to address any issues. Maybe the tech got there before stating time because we didn't find any defects. After going home to AZ we had a LP regulator, a water heater thermostat fail and a cracked water line. All of these items were not a Palomino issue but their vendor. In each case I contacted RV Wholesalers and Gary at Forest River and new part was received within [2] days. The waterline crack was near the low point drain so a $4.00 sharkbite fitting from Home Depot fixed it, although RV Wholesalers would have sent a repair mobile tech, I'm pretty handy so I did the repairs in just a few minutes. The rest of the unit was, and to this day 3+ years later trouble free. In conclusion, this is the most factory perfect trailer I have owned since I started RVing back in the 50's. Just my two cents.
poorturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:14 PM   #12

Tears in linoleum

well, we continue to have issues with our 2014 Sabre 5th wheel, 32BHOK.
we picked it up in April and have been using it pretty regular. Each trip has exposed more and more problems.
Today when we packed up to go home we put the main slide in like usual.
No problems, nothing out of the ordinary. when we got home we put the slide out and the one end of the slide left a 12 inch long tear in the linoleum!
You could see where the slide wheel/wheels had put so much down pressure on the linoleum that it left a jagged tear in it. As of right now only the end is doing it. Does this mean the slide itself is out of adjustment? or just the wheel/roller assembly?
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #13

I too must have been one of the more fortunate ones. We had a 2013 Sabre Silhouette 290refd and had zero problems in two years. nada Traded it in on a 2015 Salem Hemis 336rlt because I was told we needed the king size bed and second air conditioner for the dog, and the kitchen island, and and plus I just like buying s--t.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #14

I'm starting to think mine was built on a Friday. I have tried to work all of the problems out but it's like fighting alligators!
Leaving again in the morn and hoping I got it right.
Can't trade it in as we would take a bath money wise.l

Good luck fellow fiver's!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 Sabre 32 RCTS-6 Platinum
2002 F350 Powerstroke 7.3, (the big boy!)
Old 07-21-2015, 03:04 AM   #15

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Big Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #16

this week we also got a recall notice about the brake wiring being routed improperly, installed wrong. Supposed to take it to your dealer for it to be "corrected". yaaaay!
whats next with this thing?
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #17
Oklahoma Proud

We had a few minor things that we had fixed on our '15 36qbok last winter. I want to say the biggest was adjusting the slides a little since they rubbed the table mounts since we have the superlounge option.
Otherwise we have been pretty fortunate! We have used our camper almost every weekend since the first of April.
I'd buy another Sabre if they ever get a 5 slide bunk.....unless i buy a lake house first!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:19 AM   #18

We had a pretty long list of factory defects when we took delivery of our 32RCTS back in 2012, but they were all resolved mostly by the dealer or by us. We're lucky that we are only 30 min away from a great Dealer. (Yeah Dolney RV in Kawkalin, MI)

We been to the factory twice and their manufacturing process looks top notch. Even so. it troubles us that they would have shipped the unit with so many defects.

With all of that said, are very happy with our Sabre and would buy one again if we had a need for a newer model or a change in floor plan.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #19

Bedroom slide

I noticed the bedroom slide was working at a slight angle when going in and out. I opened the bed to view the slide and found the metal slide was not screwed in all the way to the wood brace on one side. I screwed it all the way in and it works better. As I looked at the wood support it looks twisted. I'm thinking of adding some small "L" bracket to support it. Has anyone else seen problems here?
Old 07-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #20

Things went much better during our trip last week. Only issue was a leaking water inlet for the toilet & I took care of that right away.
We got rid of the washer dryer as the vent less model doesn't dry that great and fills the forward compartment with hot, damp, air.
Going to camping world next week to have a 2nd A/C unit installed up front. Guess I'll have to get a bigger gen set.
Happy trails.....
.................................................. .................................................. ...............
2014 Sabre 32 RCTS-6 Platinum
2002 F350 SD 7.3 turbo Powerstroke

Tags
sabre