Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 10:50 AM   #21

6 for drinks
4 for dinner
2 for overnight.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil_guy View Post
I agree, I’m leaning towards the FLH due to it’ll be my primary home for the next 5 years and I like the idea of having separate spaces (I.e. living room, kitchen, bedroom and bath) that way it doesn’t really feel like a deployment haha

I honestly think you and your wife will be very happy with the FLH floorplan choice. I know me and my GF are extremely happy with ours and would make the same choice again, given the models that were available to choose from last year. We both have said we wouldn't mind living in ours for a few months on the NC or SC beaches, but for the house we live in and our jobs keeping us from that.

I think what sold us too was having four distinct rooms in the floorplan and lots of space. Yes, I count the full, master bath as a separate room because it's so large.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #23

Quote:
I appreciate your thoughts, I personally am not bothered by the half bath by the kitchen. My wife isn’t bothered by it either. It’s preference at that point IMO

We were not only not bothered by it, but was a checklist item "must have" in the floorplan. I'm certain you'll be having your friends and family over to visit from time to time. Ask yourself this....would you rather have your company passing thru your bedroom every time they needed to use the bathroom? Or, would you rather have a half bath next to the kitchen they can use and just close the bedroom door altogether?
Old 04-22-2021, 09:49 PM   #24

Just wanted to tell everyone thank you very very much for all the inputs, thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations. Along with all the questions and answers you all have provided. In a week and half my wife and I will be at the RV dealership. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]
Mil_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Just wanted to tell everyone thank you very very much for all the inputs, thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations. Along with all the questions and answers you all have provided. In a week and half my wife and I will be at the RV dealership. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

We're very glad to help out with any answers to questions or suggestions. Let us know what you both decided to get.

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Hello all,

I’m about to start the process of approval in a couple of weeks and for months I’ve been looking at floor plans, both online and in person. I am in the Military and will be partially full-timing for next duty station (approx 5 years) I have borrowed done some floor plans but would like to hear from those that own/owned them. It’ll be my main home till I retire and then take it back to my wife (whom will be getting settled in our retirement house). Any and all info is greatly appreciate it. I’ve been going back and forth ALOT.

The floor plans are:
37FBT
37FLH

Any advice or opinion are greatly appreciate it and thank you all. This forum has been amazing!!

Very respectfully,

John
John,
We just purchased the 37FBT and love the front bath, rear kitchen features. We also looked at the FLH but wife preferred not having to climb steps as much so we went with the FBT primarily for the half bath located downstairs. Don't think you would go wrong either way.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
John,

We just purchased the 37FBT and love the front bath, rear kitchen features. We also looked at the FLH but wife preferred not having to climb steps as much so we went with the FBT primarily for the half bath located downstairs. Don't think you would go wrong either way.

I appreciate the feed back I’m considering, leaning towards the FBT, mainly due to I’ve seen all the other floor plans, minus the FLH ( fingers crossed) and so far the FBT has fit our wants and needs.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:05 AM   #28
Happy Camper

Quote:
I appreciate the feed back I’m considering, leaning towards the FBT, mainly due to I’ve seen all the other floor plans, minus the FLH ( fingers crossed) and so far the FBT has fit our wants and needs.
The FBT looks great for two people. Most any 5th wheel would be great for two people. I think the biggest consideration is how often you will have visitors sleeping in your RV. If not very often you don't need bunks and such taking up space. You can always fold out a couch.
Tonylmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:39 PM   #29

Just put the deposit down for the 37FBT! Very happy and can’t wait to get the paper work done and start counting down to picking it up and taking it home. Any advice to prior to signing? Like negotiating items to be included?
Old 05-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Just put the deposit down for the 37FBT! Very happy and can’t wait to get the paper work done and start counting down to picking it up and taking it home. Any advice to prior to signing? Like negotiating items to be included?
First of all, congratulations on your new FBT!.....I think its a nice RV, nice floorplan and would be very happy with one.

Unfortunately, if you put a deposit down on one, your negotiation window is gone. Must negotiate everything before any monetary transaction takes place. They know you're not going to refuse to buy it now and risk a non-refundable deposit. Plus, if you do forego your deposit, they probably have two or three other buyers lined up to get it, if you decide to walk away now. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
First of all, congratulations on your new FBT!.....I think its a nice RV, nice floorplan and would be very happy with one.

Unfortunately, if you put a deposit down on one, your negotiation window is gone. Must negotiate everything before any monetary transaction takes place. They know you're not going to refuse to buy it now and risk a non-refundable deposit. Plus, if you do forego your deposit, they probably have two or three other buyers lined up to get it, if you decide to walk away now. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that.

Hey thanks! I’m very excited. And welp, it’s not the end of the world. I didn’t even think about that at all. I appreciate the feed back and honesty. I’m just excited to get this going lol. My wife and I couldn’t be happier that’s for sure
Old 05-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #32

Quote:
Hey thanks! I’m very excited. And welp, it’s not the end of the world. I didn’t even think about that at all. I appreciate the feed back and honesty. I’m just excited to get this going lol. My wife and I couldn’t be happier that’s for sure

John, you must be working with CW of Fayetteville, correct? Did you buy the FBT off their lot and picking it up soon? They seem to have inventory to sell, so that's great for you and your wife! You should feel very fortunate not to be like so many other buyers out there who're waiting for their RV's to be built yet.

When you go to do your PDI with them, make sure you or your wife videos with a phone everything they show you. The video will help you both remember stuff a month or two later when you forget something and will come in handy, especially if this is your first RV. Ask as many questions as you can and don't let them rush you through the inspection process, cause they will do that. Make them show you EVERYTHING to be sure it all works correctly before leaving the dealership, and BEFORE signing the bank documents. You have tremendous leverage at this point to get them to fix/repair anything not to your liking, and they'll respond a lot faster before you leave with the RV.

Also, there's a PDI checklist on this forum to print off and take with you so you don't overlook anything. Click on the Library link and the checklist is at the top of the list of the Most Popular Files on the left side of the page. You both should be all set for your inspection.

Lastly, John, you're right.....NOT the end of the world, at this point with negotiating some extras. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things is what I frequently like to say. Enjoy your new RV and RV lifestyle, and hopefully I'll run into you one of these days at a NC campground!
Old 05-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
John, you must be working with CW of Fayetteville, correct? Did you buy the FBT off their lot and picking it up soon? They seem to have inventory to sell, so that's great for you and your wife! You should feel very fortunate not to be like so many other buyers out there who're waiting for their RV's to be built yet.

When you go to do your PDI with them, make sure you or your wife videos with a phone everything they show you. The video will help you both remember stuff a month or two later when you forget something and will come in handy, especially if this is your first RV. Ask as many questions as you can and don't let them rush you through the inspection process, cause they will do that. Make them show you EVERYTHING to be sure it all works correctly before leaving the dealership, and BEFORE signing the bank documents. You have tremendous leverage at this point to get them to fix/repair anything not to your liking, and they'll respond a lot faster before you leave with the RV.

Also, there's a PDI checklist on this forum to print off and take with you so you don't overlook anything. Click on the Library link and the checklist is at the top of the list of the Most Popular Files on the left side of the page. You both should be all set for your inspection.

Lastly, John, you're right.....NOT the end of the world, at this point with negotiating some extras. Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things is what I frequently like to say. Enjoy your new RV and RV lifestyle, and hopefully I'll run into you one of these days at a NC campground!

Yes sir, CW of Fayetteville. I did put a deposit on an RV off their lot. Tuesday is when we go to start the paperwork side of it to make it ours. And I agree, I have done ALOT of reading both internet, YouTube videos, and this forum. For about 1.5-2 months lol. I’ll definitely look for the PDI checklist. I appreciate you pointing me in that direction. I had already planned on being a super picky buyer when doing the walk through. Like having them fill up all the tank to confirm no leaks and stuff like that with everything.

I do hope I get to run into others from this forum around the campgrounds. My wife and I are already planning on our 1st camping trip prior to us doing this move for the Army. It’ll be just a weekend trip but never the less we are excited and can’t wait. Just hard to truely Plan for it when we don’t have the RV on our truck or at home...yet haha
Old 05-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #34

Well it has happened! My wife and I are proud owners of a 37FBT. Thanks you everyone and the checklist I did the PDI very thorough. The 5er has been delivered, the only thing I’m waiting on is the 5th wheel hitch. I can’t wait to get it in and installed so I can take it camping. Currently been cleaning it (I know, I feel better when I have cleaned it) getting things moved it and also getting the supplies needed to be able to camp with hook ups and all.

I have a general question, how much water do you know to use in the black tank before you use it? I bought some prota pods and put 3gallons of water in each tank with 1 packet (pod). Is that a good mixture or should I do something else?
Old 05-09-2021, 11:13 AM   #35
Pickin', Campin', Mason

3 gallons is what I start with.
There are thousands of posts on what everyone's favorite chemical or GEO method to use.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:38 AM   #36

Quote:
Well it has happened! My wife and I are proud owners of a 37FBT. Thanks you everyone and the checklist I did the PDI very thorough. The 5er has been delivered, the only thing I’m waiting on is the 5th wheel hitch. I can’t wait to get it in and installed so I can take it camping. Currently been cleaning it (I know, I feel better when I have cleaned it) getting things moved it and also getting the supplies needed to be able to camp with hook ups and all.

I have a general question, how much water do you know to use in the black tank before you use it? I bought some prota pods and put 3gallons of water in each tank with 1 packet (pod). Is that a good mixture or should I do something else?

I'll bet it feels very relieving to have this finally done, John. I saw your unit on the lot about a week and a half ago and you'll both be very happy with your decision. Consider yourselves very, very lucky to have been able to find this on a nearby dealership lot and didn't have to order it and wait, like so many have had to do on this forum.

As far as your question, sounds like you've got the right mixture for that and is what we normally put in our black tanks too. I'll be doing the same thing to mine this week as I finally get to de-winterize and get ready for our annual trip to Myrtle Beach in less than two weeks from now.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:57 AM   #37

Yea we were extremely lucky to have it in the lot already. The last bit of the puzzle is to get a hitch. CW wrapped in into the finance so just waiting for it to come in and bam installed and ready for our 1st trip in it. So currently just setting thing up in the back yard, as if I’m camping at a site, and get my checklist built and ensure know where to put the sewer hoses and stuff. Little by little, things are coming together extremely well.

Tags
5er, floor