Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 09:17 PM   #1

2014 Prism 24G Tail Light Issue

The LED tail lights come on without the engine on (mainly the left) and I notice that it seems to happen when it's hot and humid - which is often on the Gulf Coast. However now the left blinker will not work so I have to get serious about fixing the issue.

I have researched this forum and it appears that the tail light controller may be bad or needs cleaning. My problem is that I have no idea where it's located. The Coachmen service tech indicated that it's near the back of the RV on the driver's side, and that I may be able to access it by removing the ceiling on the storage compartment. I found that the rear most compartment ceiling is underneath the carpet around the bed. The next outside compartment has a grey water shutoff and no access to remove the ceiling. I believe the wires go up into the coach in between the two compartments.

So, does anyone know how to get access to the tail light controller (and apparently the slide controller as well) for a 2014 Prism 24G?
paradisenwfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:24 PM   #2
2012 Solera

This recall notice does not cover the Coachman Prism, but does give information about the taillight controller on other Forest River MBS Motorhomes- maybe the information can help:

https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/d...lerCentral.pdf
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:50 AM   #3

Check the photos on the recall notice pdf. I think the controller will be accessed from the exterior of the coach, attached to frame rails near the rear bumper, perhaps in a rat's nest of wires. Not sure where they hid the slide controller. On my 24R they're near the fresh water tank, behind the board that has the winterizing stuff on it.

Tags
2014, light