Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2016, 09:11 AM   #1

2014 Solera 24R Wiring Diagrams

I got a private message asking about wiring diagrams. Brian Clemens posted these some time ago and I downloaded at the time. I couldn't find Brian's original post, so I've re-uploaded them and attached them to this post.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 24R-Wiring Diagram Coach - 2014.pdf (327.1 KB, 581 views)
File Type: pdf 24R-Wiring Diagram Roof - 2014.pdf (128.8 KB, 329 views)
Old 12-02-2016, 05:02 PM   #2

The other day I left my RV unplugged after retiring for a trip in which we had shore power the entire time. I was amazed at how in 15 hours my battery was drained to 12.15 volts from 12.66. Nearly 50%. I had done the math and figured that to be about 6 amp draw over that time.

Seeing this I'm amazed at how much the coax booster draws on their specs. 7 amps!
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

How old are your house batteries? Are they the original wet cell batteries? My original wet cells started having trouble maintaining charge after 12 months, ended up replacing by 14-16 months when one started to leak.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:30 PM   #4

Just replaced 'em in May. I suspect my batteries are not the greatest to start with... Bad reviews online for them.

My amp meter said there was a 5.6amp draw on the batteries when I checked it. I'm guessing that was LP detector, antenna, coax booster and perhaps the Arctic pack. (Was switched to "on" but not illuminated)

Just can't believe how much Amperage some small things take - 15 Amps for stereo, thats more than the 32" TV takes.
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #5

The arctic pack draws 7 amps per pad, we have 2 on these coaches , so 14 amps without other losses. My understanding is that they shut off below a certain voltage. I guess it's possible the were initially on and hit the batteries for a bunch of amp hours before they cut out. My coach will drop to 12.4 after sitting for 4 weeks with the house power switch set to off and not plugged in if that helps for you to know.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
I got a private message asking about wiring diagrams. Brian Clemens posted these some time ago and I downloaded at the time. I couldn't find Brian's original post, so I've re-uploaded them and attached them to this post.

Dave
Hi Dave
I have a 2015 Prism 24G.
I assume the wiring diagrams for the 24G are similar.
I notice that #15 goes to the BR hatch for a fan.
Mine doesn't have a fan, but I've been thinking of putting one in.
Do you know if the hatch is pre-wired for a fan, or only has the wiring if it comes with one?
Thanks in advance.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
Do you know if the hatch is pre-wired for a fan, or only has the wiring if it comes with one?
My recollection is that this has been discussed and that there is a 12 volt source available in the ceiling. Don't know how hard it might be to find it...or if it really is there...but I'd think it would be worth looking for it.

Dave
Old 12-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #8

I replaced the bedroom vent on my 24r with a fantastic fan. The pre wiring was neatly tucked to the side and easily found. You will see it when you remove the trim and old vent.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.M View Post
I replaced the bedroom vent on my 24r with a fantastic fan. The pre wiring was neatly tucked to the side and easily found. You will see it when you remove the trim and old vent.
Do you recall if the prewired were two single wires? I looked at mine, and its a double stranded wire folded in half. Looks like what I'd expect for 110 AC. I'll have to cut to and test to see. Was expecting two separate wires + and -.

Thanks
HossHogRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #10

When I added a Fantastic Fan, the pre-wire that was in the opening was a white 2 conductor "lamp cord". I used a voltmeter to determine positive and negative. They were definitely 12 VDC and not 120 VAC.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #11

Two straight pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossHogRV View Post
Do you recall if the prewired were two single wires? I looked at mine, and its a double stranded wire folded in half. Looks like what I'd expect for 110 AC. I'll have to cut to and test to see. Was expecting two separate wires + and -.

Thanks
Usually 120 VAC is distributed via NM (Romex) cable except for moving elements like slideouts or end appliances like the converter.

With shore power off, just stick a straight pin through each strand, an inch or so apart, so they don't make contact. (Thick "hat pins" work best.) Turn power on and measure voltage by contacting the pins. If you don't see 120 VAC, change the meter to 20 VDC and measure again.

The nice thing about this trick is that the holes are self-sealing when you remove the pins.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring, solera, diagram, 2014