Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2021, 11:48 AM   #1

Smile 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R

Hello fellow RV'ers!

My wife & I have enjoyed exploring via motorhome since about 1985, started with a VW Westfalia, then gutted and restored a 1975 Minnie Winne, bought a Gufstream Conquest Classic new in 1993, and just sold it in October.

We have money down on a 2016 Sunseeker 2400R in Arizona (and live in MN) I have a couple questions:

-This unit has the optional sofa in place of the dinette and wonder, are there seatbelts?

-Are the driver & passenger seats power adjustable? If not, has anyone converted them using available after market generic power seat units?

Thanks in advance for any info you might share!

Newbie Randy.
RST biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Congrats on your soon to be new to you toy.

1. Seatbelts? Maybe. Isn’t that something you could ask the seller?
2. You have a Sunseeker based on a Mercedes. Nothing Mercedes is cheap, so as far as an aftermarket power seat.....not too favourable, but also maybe not impossible.

P.S. As a former M/C rider of 17 motorcycles, you still got toys?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #3

The 2016 Sunseeker brochure floor plan illustration shows seat belts on the dinette, and on the optional recliners. It does not show seat belts on the optional sofa, but it could very well be just an oversight on the part of the draftsman that did the drawing.

Ask the seller if the sofa has seat belts.

The last page of the brochure show swivels seats standard on the MBS models, but power driver seat is an option only on the Ford chassis.

2016 brochure link, if you are interested: https://forestriverinc.com/brochures...erbrochure.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	762AC57C-C90A-4873-9148-07E78A9FCC1D.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	246368  
Old 01-21-2021, 12:41 PM   #4

I'd be very careful of buying a used unit in Arizona. It might have been used as a rental and those are usually subject to hard use. I've also read that maintenance on those engines are very expensive.

That said, that style of Sunseeker is pretty nice. You're really going to have to look at that rig, because they can be ordered with different options or modified by uses and you're not going to know what's in it til you see it.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #5

We have a 2017 MBS 2401W. The drivers and passengers seats slide forward and back, backrest is adjustable and there is adjustable lumbar support. You can also rotate the seats to face rearward. (all adjustments are mechanical, not electric)
Welcome to the forum!
Glampen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:02 PM   #6

We also have the MBS. I can tell you that after a lot of research everyone told us the MB engine and tranny are good for more than 100,000 miles easy. We have had a couple of issues with the environmentally friendly exhaust system but they were all covered by warranty. Swivel seats are standard and I've never seen nor heard of power seats. Check with an independent RV repair company and see if that is a possibility. I would love that as well.
medalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST biker View Post
We have money down on a 2016 Sunseeker 2400R in Arizona (and live in MN)
I'm in Tucson ... I could take a look at the unit for you if it's in this part of the state.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by medalguy View Post
We also have the MBS. I can tell you that after a lot of research everyone told us the MB engine and tranny are good for more than 100,000 miles easy. We have had a couple of issues with the environmentally friendly exhaust system but they were all covered by warranty. Swivel seats are standard and I've never seen nor heard of power seats. Check with an independent RV repair company and see if that is a possibility. I would love that as well.
X2, I have a 2016 Isata 3 with MB Chassis. Don't let the name scare you, have had no issues in 32,000 miles and over 4 years. General maintenance like oil changes is very easy to do yourself.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
I'm in Tucson ... I could take a look at the unit for you if it's in this part of the state.
Wow! What a generous offer! Thank you so much! It's in Mesa so probably too far away unless you have other reasons to go there.
I have a brother that lives in Tucson so we were planning to fly out in about 10 days, pick up the RV, then visit my brother for a day before driving back to the frozen North.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:41 AM   #10

Power seat conversion

I was thinking something like this might work, but I haven't looked at the original seat mechanism yet.

https://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/...ower-base.html
Old 01-22-2021, 08:53 AM   #11

Quote:
It's in Mesa so probably too far away unless you have other reasons to go there.
Yup, bit of a hike for me. I'd go if they'd schedule me for a vaccine!
Old 01-22-2021, 11:35 AM   #12

I have a 2015 2400R

I have a 2015 2400R which has the dual recliners instead of the dinette. It has seatbelts on the recliners. My front seats are not powered and I would guess that having power seats that could do a 180* turn to the rear would be pretty hard to do - there is very little space to turn them as it is and lots of the electrical system for the vehicle is under the driver's seat making even less space available.
Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:17 PM   #13

Thanks so much for the kind thought to help!

I understand you can just drive a little further to FLORIDA and get the vaccine....JUST KIDDING....
Old 01-23-2021, 10:55 AM   #14

Question Valve extensions

Any recommendations what valve extensions work well for the duals? At my age, I'm not wanting to crawl around to check the inner dual pressure. I had one catastrophic failure of the flexible type extensions supplied with our new (1993) Gulfstream. I had finally installed some rigid extensions that were quite expensive as I recall.

I also had the EEZ-tire TPMS system which worked great after installing the booster. I didn't really like the valve cap sensors that have to be removed to add air though.

Anybody have a system that uses OEM type internal flow-through sensors?
Old 01-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #15

Dually valve extensions and tpms

After two-plus years of fighting leaky valve extensions I finally bought extensions from Borg Equipment in Calif. They are expensive ($140) but they fit and they work. No leaks and easy to adjust pressure now. I have an Eez-tire tpms and since there are no more leaks I have only needed to adjust the air pressure at the change of season. The tire place I used to install the valve stems sells the Borg kits for various vehicles so I would not have needed to order them myself. The wheel covers I have on the front required a little longer valve stem and needed to be bent a little to accomodate the tpms senders - they did it with no problems.
Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #16

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #17

This is an oft discussed topic. Here's a post I made several years ago:

Quote:
A number of forum members have installed metal valve stems (not extenders) from yourtireshopsupply.com Here's a link to their product which includes six stems and which I had installed on my 2015 Solera:
DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems
You should verify that these are right for your unit. Also note that installation is a non-trivial matter. I went to a local auto tire shop for my first shot at installation ... that didn't go so well. I ended up reinstalling the stems at a tire shop that specializes in truck wheels and tires.

It's important to ensure that the stems are torqued properly and that the wheel covers can't rub against the stems. I enlarged the wheel cover holes a bit and use zip ties to hold them in place so they can't rotate.
There are other threads available if you use the search box on the upper right. (Note that, at some point, I switched from plastic zip ties to stainless steel zip ties...)

Dave
Old 01-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #18

Thanks for the help! I think the rigid metal stems are what I ended up with on our previous motorhome because of failure of the flexible ones. That RV had the chrome simulated wheel covers but I didn't have any rotation that required zip ties. They were expensive but worked great for many years.

Is this an inherent problem with the Sprinter wheel covers?
Old 01-24-2021, 03:11 PM   #19
Senior

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I think the rigid metal stems are what I ended up with on our previous motorhome because of failure of the flexible ones. That RV had the chrome simulated wheel covers but I didn't have any rotation that required zip ties. They were expensive but worked great for many years.

Is this an inherent problem with the Sprinter wheel covers?
Many people have posted about problems with the wheel simulators used by Forest River on Sprinter motorhomes. I have a 2017 Forester MBS 2401WS and have lost both rear hubcaps. I think the spring steel clips are not hardened properly and fail. A couple of my simulators are only held on by stainless steel zip ties i added.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:29 PM   #20

Thanks so much for the info!

Tags
sunseeker