Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #1

2017 MBS Sunseeker Sewer CONNECTION

so in getting ready to take the new rig out for a shakedown, I discovered a couple of things: 1) the sewer hose storage on the RV will only fit a straight section of hose about 2 1/2 ft, co,pressed. Not sure what good this is so may use this for "creative" storage. 2) when I routed the sewer hose, with standard twist on connection through bottom of valve box, and attempted to connect to rv Sewer outlet - no can do as angle is wrong. Looks like I need a 90 degree connection to fit from underneath, through access hole. or just open valve door and port straight out. I am thinking about getting this Valtera 90 degree fitting
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102...erra+90+degree
I looked at the Camco, but most users said it leaked horribly. Any body use the Valtera, or have other recommendations. I really don't want to have to leave the valve access door open.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #2
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera (MBS) 'S', about ten feet of "slinky" type sewer hose will fit in the storage above the sewer hose connection with no connector on the end inserted into the storage "bin". A simple two prong connector end will just fit behind the storage bin door (connector only on the outer end of the "slinky").

I had to trim the "tightening finger grip" tabs off the smallest two prong connector I could find so it would fit through the hatch opening in the compartment floor below the sewer connection. It just fits with the tabs trimmed. Others have reported changing the hatch opening out for a larger diameter one (common boating fixture available in several sizes, I understand). From posts on here, I was under the impression Forest River had switched to a larger hatch opening on newer MBS models.

Set up this way, the sewer hose on my MH connects to the sewer connection and bends down through the hatch opening without a 90 degree fitting (the "slinky" bends easily the required 90 degrees). At dump stations, I just put the end of the hose down the dump opening, feed the connector through the hatch opening, connect to the sewer connection, and dump.

For sewer hookups which want or require a connector on the campground sewer connection, I carry a separate sewer hose with a connector on both ends, one being a similar small connector with the ears trimmed so it will fit through the hatch opening. I carry this in a plastic bag in the storage compartment in front of the sewer compartment.

As your MH is newer, your sewer compartment architecture may be different... .
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #3

Sewer hose storage? Forget the little compartment...not even sure why they include it. I got a 5" x 5" PVC fence post and mounted it to my rear bumper. I have use a piece of rain gutter as a tray, so I can slide things in and out. It easily holds 20 feet of hose, connectors and all, and has room for more.

As for the angle of the coach's sewer connection...I may be wrong...but my recollection is that the sewer fitting, perhaps with blade valves attached, can be loosened and rotated, hopefully to a more usable position. I'm reasonably confident that this is the case, but not absolutely certain.

Dave
Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #4

My sewer valves are a few inches to the side of the bottom access port. I tried all sorts of fittings and most wouldn't work because they wouldn't clear the hole being off center. I eventually found a small fitting to attach. I just store my hose in the valve compartment. Room behind and above it in my 2401-r
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #5

It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle but on my 2400R I can fit 2 hoses, a couple elbows, donut, and cap wrench. I do like the sound of that vinyl gutter modification that some have done to the sewer hose compartment and might try that when it warms up a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	132426  
khocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #6

Get a 90 degree CLEAR connecter so you can see when it's flushed out and running clear. Skip the storage slot because end connectors won't fit there. We use a 5 gal paint bucket with h kid to hold everything septic apart from everything else in storage. (Ours came with the RV with the clean hoses and connectors in a starter kit, but you can get one at CW or any hardware store.) Also useful as a stool for repairs etc. but don't use it for anything else once it's held septic.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:46 AM   #7

Thanks all. Ended up with the Camco 90 degree clear fitting as it turns and can fit between the black and gray valves. Not a lot of room there. Will try this and hope it does not leak, as some have stated on Amazon. Lot of good ideas here.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker