Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #1

2017 Sunseeker (Mercedes Chassis) Awning Power Source

A tree jumped out of nowhere when I was backing (I WAS using the mirrors and backup camera, but no spotter) and caught the edge of a limp that tweaked my awing a bit. It is slightly misaligned, and I assume binding. I tried the power and it worked a bit then stopped having power. I assume I blew a fuse. I checked all the fuses inside the house portion and all were good. I did not check the cab fuses (just thought about it). Does anyone know where the awning gets power?
chengdave2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengdave2003 View Post
A tree jumped out of nowhere when I was backing (I WAS using the mirrors and backup camera, but no spotter) and caught the edge of a limp that tweaked my awing a bit. It is slightly misaligned, and I assume binding. I tried the power and it worked a bit then stopped having power. I assume I blew a fuse. I checked all the fuses inside the house portion and all were good. I did not check the cab fuses (just thought about it). Does anyone know where the awning gets power?
I don't know where it is, but you might pull the drawer behind the switch and check to see if the fuse is there or near by.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:17 PM   #3
2012 Solera

Maybe in the battery control center next to the steps? On our 2012 Solera the awning works with the disconnect switch turned off, as I remember. It therefore must be connected to the batteries before the disconnect switch.
I understand (from comments in the forum here) the fuses and breakers in the bcc are not necessarily well or accurately marked.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengdave2003 View Post
On my 2017 Ford chassis, the awning and slide fuses are located in the Battery Control Center in the stairwell. There are also relays in there to prevent the awning and slides from operating when the ignition key is on.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #5
Empty Nesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
There are also relays in there to prevent the awning and slides from operating when the ignition key is on.
More than just breakers and switches in the power circuit for the awning. Since the power needs to be locked out when the ignition key is on there are extra relays to prevent that.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #6

Bingo!

Bingo! There was a tripped circuit breaker in the Battery Control Center. I reset it and the awning works almost perfectly now. It's still a little tweaked, but fully functional. I'm hoping I can "untweak" it so it's perfect...

Thanks all!
chengdave2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, mercedes, power, sunseeker