Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 06:08 AM   #21

Many truck stops have 5%-20% bio gunk in their fuel which MB does not allow. Auto stations are easier to find with a 5% gunk max.

It is OK in new large engined trucks where the engine & pollution systems are built to handle it.

Clogged with water fuel filters and more often oil changes required is one hassle from bio gunk.

MB may test your fuel if required to replace expensive parts.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5560g View Post
Someone asked for proof that biodiesel is bad for MB engines.
Actually...what I asked is if anyone on this list had ever had a problem. I have no doubt that problems may crop up if bio-heavy diesel is used extensively and for extended mileage. But I'm looking for more RV real world experience...and, so far, no one has popped up to say they've had an issue.

Dave
Old 10-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5560g View Post
Someone asked for proof that biodiesel is bad for MB engines. Here it is, with photos. The fact that it voids your warranty is a pretty strong indicator too.....

https://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/Digital..._Brochure5.pdf

Interesting read.
chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:24 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Actually...what I asked is if anyone on this list had ever had a problem. I have no doubt that problems may crop up if bio-heavy diesel is used extensively and for extended mileage. But I'm looking for more RV real world experience...and, so far, no one has popped up to say they've had an issue.

Dave

We live in a bio-diesel state and while we often travel in other states we do fill up regularly here and when needed in Iowa, another bio-diesel state. After 4 major trips and 16,000 miles, we have had no issues. Also our local Sprinter authorized service center said they are not seeing issues, and they see a lot of vehicles each week. We just change the fuel filter with each oil change.

Tags
gas