Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #1

Air recirculation

Because of my wife's asthma we often we need to turn on the air-recirculation mode. However it automatically switches off (from the manual) "after about 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the outside temperature"

Typically we realize it has switched off when she starts having breathing problems.

Does anyone know if there is a way to by-pass this? A simple change in software code?

After over 50 years of driving I am perfectly capable of knowing when my windows fog up and what to do about it without some MB engineer deciding for me.

Thanks.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #2

Based on what you're saying, tied to temperature, it is either software driven, or mechanical sensor of some sort. Cheapest way would be to post your specific question on the sprinter forum. Many knowledgeable people in their that might be able to guide you to a "fix".
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #3

I found in the Mercedes manual when this happened to me that this is by design found it strange as all be other cars I have had allow me to stay in that mode. Interested to hear if anyone has additional info.

The Mercedes Ac/heat is the main tooic I have used the manual for. It is not intuitive in any way. The icons mean nothing if you haven't read about them.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #4

These days, a lot of this kind of stuff is programmable. Next time at the MB authorized service center, perhaps ask if they can reprogram that feature either to disable it or lengthen the time to the maximum. Usually somewhere in the universe there is a booklet describing every feature that can be programmed and what the available parameters are, but I haven't seen one yet for the MBS.