Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2021, 08:37 AM   #1

Annoying noises

Hi everyone, just landed on the FR Forums and very happy to found out there's a forum about ''Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis''. Now, here's the noise issues I have with the RV I bought last October. I only used it once to go to Niagara Falls so far, but here's the thing.
First, everytime I reach between 50 & 60 mph, I have this loud noise coming from the front. I believe it's from the tires, but there are brand new Continental LT 215/85R16 115/112Q ???
Second, I have this weird noise coming from the inside of the left front pillar (from time to time) and that one is very anoying. It's mostly when I make a turn into a drive way or an entrance and there's torsion to the rig. Any tips or/and help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:41 AM   #2

If this left front pillar is the piece behind the DS door where the MBS body is bolted to the Forest river body, I think its flexing. Not sure there is anything you can do about it.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

I would also check your rear sway bar clamps. I had one break and would pop when body shifted or torqued.
gmccullers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazookajoe View Post
Hi everyone, just landed on the FR Forums and very happy to found out there's a forum about ''Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis''. Now, here's the noise issues I have with the RV I bought last October. I only used it once to go to Niagara Falls so far, but here's the thing.
First, everytime I reach between 50 & 60 mph, I have this loud noise coming from the front. I believe it's from the tires, but there are brand new Continental LT 215/85R16 115/112Q ???
Second, I have this weird noise coming from the inside of the left front pillar (from time to time) and that one is very anoying. It's mostly when I make a turn into a drive way or an entrance and there's torsion to the rig. Any tips or/and help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
If the noise by the pillar is more of a squeak try spraying the seal from the outside where the cab meets the coach. Use a silicone spray with an extension tip . Spray a little at the top of the seal and it will run down the rest of the seal.
Old 05-19-2021, 04:44 PM   #5

I’m not sure what kind of loud noise you are speaking of. But when a unit has been off road for a while, there is usually a little rust on the brake discs that will screech a little as it wears off in normal driving. Whenever you brake some will wear off. Pretty soon its gone. If it’s some other kind of noise, maybe you can give a better description. Also is it continuous or intermittent? Does it increase with road speed and then Des tease when you slow down? is it different between concrete and tar roads? Does it vary with engine speed. Does it change if you manually shift up or down?
Old 05-23-2021, 07:01 AM   #6

My most annoying noise is the steps bouncing going over any bump.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise