If you don't know already MB issued a recall that will not allow the sale of a new vehicle and it will either be stuck at the dealership or the manufacturer for the next many of months. Either I am the most unlucky person to ever purchase an RV or Mercedes Benz just doesn't have their crap together. Anyhow I have documented my journey below which is complete craziness.
- July 2021, Ordered Mercedes Benz Forest River 2401T
- March 2022, RV Complete and ready to ship
- March 2022, Torsion linkage recall no available parts and do not ship order
- September, linkage repaired and RV cleared to ship
- September, RV had catastrophic engine failure and will need a new motor with ETA 2 months. Forest River worked with to get another 2023 unit instead.
- November, RV is at dealer and I get a message that we cannot sale you the RV due to recall on the very day I am trying to close
- Today, I received an email from Mercedes Benz hoping to deploy a fix in 1Q 2023