Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #41

LP is pretty clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
We got our MH back today after the massive leak scene. Eight Weeks!!
The service manager is so nice and seems so sincere it's hard to get angry with him.
He said if it's a 2016 model it was built in 2015. He thinks FR has been using inferior caulking products the past few years, they use self leveling Dicor now. They removed everything around the top edges and recaulked it.
He said the old caulking was barely stuck down. He advised not to use Eternabond, said it was so sticky it would remove the paint and any finish it touched. I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

We didn't think to ask but the fans and airco and all that other stuff on the roof are with the old caulk. We got on the roof after we got it to parking spot and it seems sound but my husband had been going on the roof every month to check it out and didn't realize it was in such bad shape. So he is going to email the service manager. We can re-do it ourselves if needed.

It doesn't smell funny or anything, he said everything else was sound.

Also we have been using the generator only as needed, LP is a "dirty fuel" and apparently if you use the generator, you need to run it at least an hour to burn it out clean. That was all cruddy and required servicing and we certainly haven't put many hours on it.

We have a camping trip planned first weekend of June, can't wait!
LP is a much cleaner fuel than either gasoline or diesel. If there was "crud" in your new generator, I would bet that the crud came from the factory in the form of a fuel line that was not cleaned out. Engines that run on natural gas or LP last longer and run cleaner than anything else. Just look at your oil after hours of running - it will look like new. My diesel generator oil is black within an hour of the oil change.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #42

I have a 2014 24R and I am fairly sure FR used Dicor. JOSH can you comment?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #43

I might be wrong, but I did don't think LP is a dirty fuel. Remember it is used for heating also and don't forget those gas grills. The recommended run time on the gen. is to dry out any moisture that builds up from being idle
Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #44
Site Team

LP is used to power fork lifts etc in warehouses because it is a clean fuel. I would question anything the person who told you that said.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:19 AM   #45
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
LP is used to power fork lifts etc in warehouses because it is a clean fuel. I would question anything the person who told you that said.
I agree.
Re-reading the post where this 'dirty fuel' nonsense was first stated, there are a LOT of things they were told that I would question.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak