Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2018, 05:48 AM   #1

Smile Best MBS Service dealer I have found

Leaving Ann Arbor MI to Cape Coral FL last month my engine light came on. I found a MB Dealer in Fort Mitchel KY at 7 pm and was allowed to boondock on their lot until morning. Woke up and pulled inside and WOW! Really concerned and pleasant service people. Nice continental breakfast bar, and comfortable seats. Even had a nail salon for their waiting customers (no charge). Got it fixed under warranty (4 days left on warranty) NOS sensor. Mercedes Benz of Fort Mitchel KY is the best MB dealer I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. The technician will text you with updates on how the process/repair is progressing. I only wish we had that kind of service in South East Michigan. Of the 6 MB dealerships in the area only 2 sell sprinters and only 1 (55 miles away) will service a MH. They took care of my Solera 24R and I left very happy.
Supersprink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:59 AM   #2

Great info, we should keep a running list of where the good MB shops that actually will service our Sprinters are located!!
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #3

Mercedes Benz of Wilsonville, Oregon can go on the list of 'don't bother'. I had an armrest issue they couldn't work on because they can't fit a motorhome into their shop.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:35 AM   #4

Good: Premier Truck Group in Tulsa

I had a check engine light come on while approaching Tulsa. MB sent me to Premier Truck Group (Freightliner service...) and they got to the RV quickly, looked at the issue, and discussed various options. I appreciated the quick response which got me back on the road just a couple of hours after the problem showed up.

Dave
Old 03-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #5

Good: Mercedes Benz of Tucson

I've had a couple of visits to MB of Tucson. Once for regular service and once for warranty service. They have service space for the Solera and can even get it up on a lift. They're prices for regular service seemed reasonable, though prehaps more than an independent service shop. Their warranty work was quick and effective.

Dave
Old 03-31-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
2012 Solera

Best experience-Freightliner ATC near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We suffered a damaged turbo from an improper maintenance done here in CA (compensator ring sucked into turbo) - they repaired and got us back on the road in 24 hours! Complete Sprinter shop.

Next - Mercedes of Tacoma WA. We had a glow plug fail on our way to Alaska. They repaired under warranty and got us on our way in about three hours. I don't believe they have a lift for Motorhomes though.

Mercedes of Sacramento - towed there on a weekend - failed Electronic Stability Control computer was final diagnosis - took about six days to diagnose, order, get part, fix, verify repair - they did work with our extended warranty company so we had minimal cost, and the repair has been flawless. Believe they have Motorhome capability.

Our "local" - Mercedes Benz of Fremont CA - have full Motorhome capability, seem expensive, responsive and ask before doing "extra services".
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:33 PM   #7

MB in Mobile, AL took good care of us, reasonable prices and fast service!
Old 03-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
Mercedes Benz of Wilsonville, Oregon can go on the list of 'don't bother'. I had an armrest issue they couldn't work on because they can't fit a motorhome into their shop.
Interesting that they are listed as as a authorized service center for MBS, but cant fit one on the shop. Did you look at Mercedes Bend of Salem? I am thinking about using them as I live over by Bend and am thinking about using them for driveline / chassis problems, if they arise.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:53 PM   #9

I even called first to set up the appointment. It's a good 2 hour drive round trip. Dynamax ended up sending me a new part and I fixed it in my driveway in about 10 minutes. I didn't call Salem because their facility is much smaller than Wilsonville. Salem would actually be closer for me and I will call them next time and ask specifically if they can get a motorhome in their facility. When it was all said and done, I was pretty frustrated with Wilsonville because it could have been fixed in their parking lot. I left with the impression they really had no interest in working on motorhomes.
Eugene may be another option.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:23 PM   #10

Just as a sidebar, does anyone know if there is now a total listing of authorized MBS Sprinter repair facilities for the USA? You used to be able to pull them up off the MB website, but it is no longer there. There is an old (2011) Winnebago listing, but I am sure that is pretty out of date. I like to have a handy list as I travel so if something goes south, I have an idea of where to try to get to for repair and not a lot of hassle.
2008 Jeep JKS
Old 03-31-2018, 03:00 PM   #11

Mercedes of Santa Rosa, CA is very good, but very expensive, as are all the Mercedes dealers.
This brings up an issue. How many have their Sprinter based RV serviced at a non-Mercedes shop, even while in warranty?
There are potential issues. Mercedes claims that the Sprinter needs special oil, there are new computer codes to download, etc.
I know that it is not required to use a dealer, even for service while under warranty. However, there have been enough issues raised about peculiarities involving this engine (true or not) that may give Mercedes an out if there are warranty problems. It is partially for this reason that I have always had mine serviced by Mercedes. Here is one representative article:
Mercedes-Benz & Sprinter BlueTec Diesel Issues/Problems | Stephens Service Center - Sacramento's Best Mercedes-Benz Service & Repairs
So far, after 25,000 miles, I love this engine, but many have raised questions about it.
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:16 PM   #12

Walter's Mercedes in Riverside California. They service all sprinters and have a lift. Nice facility and they have a monitor in the waiting room where you can watch them as they work. Prices weren't bad.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:47 PM   #13

MBS service

Just last week took my Isata 3 to MB of Georgetown, Texas. Great service with an entire garage area just for Sprinters. Lucky for me, I am only 10 miles away. Routine service for me, but if you’re in the Austin area and need work, call MB of Georgetown. Right on I-35 north of Austin.
Michael Standley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #14
2012 Solera

Sprinter non-Mercedes maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
This brings up an issue. How many have their Sprinter based RV serviced at a non-Mercedes shop, even while in warranty?
Exactly how I ended up with the turbo eating the compensator ring. Local Ford dealer claimed qualified to service Sprinters. Mercedes denied warranty coverage. Eventually (after review by California Bureau of Automotive Repair and filing in small claims court) collected in full from Ford dealership. Painful and long process...
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:20 AM   #15

I would like to swing by the factory and wonder if there is a MB dealer that works on class C near by?

Going over a small bump makes a crashing sound that sounds like the engine or exhaust is falling out.

Too loud to be a loose entry step , but no problems in past 5000 miles .

Cant locate a MB nearby service in CT for super C sized motor homes.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
I assume since the Wilsoville Mercedes wouldn't fix your armrest, they won't do your oil changes and service either. Have you found any other Mercedes service places nearby?
westerm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerm52 View Post
I assume since the Wilsoville Mercedes wouldn't fix your armrest, they won't do your oil changes and service either. Have you found any other Mercedes service places nearby?
Try calling Mercedes Benz of Eugene at 541-687-8888. I am in central Oregon and for factory service will go there. I called and talked with them a while ago and they seemed to be able to do all the chassis work, no problem. There is also a dealer in Medford, if you live to the south, who can do the work, too.
2008 Jeep JKS
Old 04-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #18

Also - just ran across this listing that seems to include BOTH Sprinter and MBS units on another forum: https://sprinter-source.com/forum/fo...play.php?f=125
2008 Jeep JKS
Old 04-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #19

Fortunately I haven't needed any further service yet. Salem or Eugene would work for me. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #20

Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas in Bentonville is a good shop. Nice people there. Take time to visit Sam Walton's first store, originally a Ben Franklin and now a museum, on the Bentonville square. It's a little slice of Americana, for sure. Sam's old Ford pick-up truck with his bird dog cages is parked out front. And don't forget to visit Crystal Bridges museum of art, founded by Sam's daughter, Alice. You'll be blown away by the exhibits. We saw the amazing Chihuly glass exhibit, inside and outdoors, at the gallery last year. They'll give you a loaner car while work is being performed. Doesn't get any better than that, even though they don't sell RV's. They treat you like family whether you bought there or not.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, service