Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #1

Buying a 2021 Duramax Isata 3

Wondering we put this Motorhome on order the end of September 2020 and delivery will be in March of 2021. we are just wondering if there is any area we should watch for problems
Cal B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #2

Not that I know of. Just make certain you do a good walkthrough and make certain everything works before you sign the purchase papers.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:02 PM   #3

The first thing to learn would be the name of the RV company
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #4

I would work out something with the dealer to camp somwhere in his facility for at least a day.

That way you will have the sellers FULL attention when something does not work, or requires an explanation or an adjustment.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #5

Dynamax

Check out the Dynamax section they provide great help. there is a factory guy on the forum too. Do try everything before leaving the dealer we had about 12 items that had to be repaired and it took quite a while to get an apontment and then about a month to get the unit back.
Stewardorng2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewardorng2 View Post
Do try everything before leaving the dealer we had about 12 items that had to be repaired and it took quite a while to get an apontment and then about a month to get the unit back.
That is why you don't sign the final purchase papers unless everything is in good working order. Items that need to be fixed when you purchase the rig can take months to get repaired and who wants to have a rig that you're paying for stuck in the repair shop. They fixed all items in our rig within 24 hours when we insisted that they be repaired before we'd sign the papers.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #7

We purchased our 2020 Isata 3 18 months ago and love it. BUT, we were new to the RV experience and didn't know all of the things we needed to check out during the pre-delivery inspection with our dealer. Believe me it gets overwhelming fast - the dealer people know what they are talking about and assume that you do too. Our dealer has a "campsite" on site and allowed us to stay the night to check everything out. We had plenty of new questions in the morning which were answered excellently but we have had continuing questions as we travel in our "Tardis". The things we have learned most are the dealer is important and keep any eye on the Forest River Forums for tips from more experienced RVers. AND, the Continental Vanco tires that MBZ put on the chassis are worthless - don't expect Continental to honor the warranty. Happy trails, maybe we'll meet on the road someday.
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearDenver View Post
The first thing to learn would be the name of the RV company
Ha Ha
Old 10-10-2020, 05:20 AM   #9

" AND, the Continental Vanco tires that MBZ put on the chassis are worthless - don't expect Continental to honor the warranty."

Please share your hassle with your tires.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2002Wanderer View Post
AND, the Continental Vanco tires that MBZ put on the chassis are worthless - don't expect Continental to honor the warranty. Happy trails, maybe we'll meet on the road someday.
I have the Continental tires on My MB Solera. I have 57,000 miles on them and they have performed above expectations. I still have plenty of tread left, but will be replacing soon due to age rather than wear.

Been a good tire for me.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
" AND, the Continental Vanco tires that MBZ put on the chassis are worthless - don't expect Continental to honor the warranty."

Please share your hassle with your tires.
Had major sidewall separation at 5k miles, no Continental dealer would honor warranty because they didn't sell tire originally and "Continental wouldn't reimburse them" for work. My RV dealer doesn't sell tires and referred me to MBZ who supplied tires with chassis who disclaimed responsibility for warranty. I finally found a sympathetic Continental Tire dealer who agreed it was a manufacturing defect and sold me a replacement tire at his cost and submitted tire to CTA for warranty, CTA rejected my claim stating that tire showed "Ozone" damage. I'm really not happy with CTA performance on warranty for this defective tire.
SIDE NOTE: this was an inside dual tire and I might not have discovered problem until a catastrophic blow out if I hadn't taken it to a tire shop to install new valve stems for TPMS system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	401.3 KB
ID:	240907  
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:40 PM   #12

Wow.

Tags
ram