Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2017, 01:16 PM   #1

ceiling AC vents

I was looking at my outlets for the AC on my 2013 Solera today. And from what I can see there is no duct work going to the individual discharges? Can some of you maybe upload some pic's of your discharges if there is duct work there. From what I see on my the AC dumps into the ceiling area and then goes to which ever discharge is there. I was wondering why some discharges worked better than others.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
I was looking at my outlets for the AC on my 2013 Solera today. And from what I can see there is no duct work going to the individual discharges? Can some of you maybe upload some pic's of your discharges if there is duct work there. From what I see on my the AC dumps into the ceiling area and then goes to which ever discharge is there. I was wondering why some discharges worked better than others.
There is no duct work, only channels in the styrofoam insulation of the roof. You will have little styrofoam pellets blowing out of the vents for some time. ☺
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #3

I understand what your saying, I have to look at it when I get time. From what I have seen I don't even see any channels, it just looks like a great big open space above the ceiling!?
Old 05-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #4

Cool Pelleted by pellets

So that's why we had it snowing inside when we turned on the heat pump this weekend
Flying Scot #1146
jojoshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #5

Also, the AC has to blow from it's cold air plenum INTO the Styrofoam channels (ducts) on each side. Sometimes the manufacturers don't make the opening from the AC to the duct large enough. I had low air flow on one side of my TT. I went in from the top (roof) and found only a very small opening from the cold air plenum to the street side duct. I cut some Styrofoam out and now I have better air flow.

This pic is looking down the duct from rear bath past AC to front. The light area on the right is light coming in through the opening to the AC's cold air plenum.
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC duct 1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	139615

This pic is after I chiseled out some Styrofoam. You can see the light is a bit stronger, and you can see some of the Styrofoam laying on the bottom of the duct.
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC duct 3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	139616

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #6

We got back from a trip a few days ago and was cleaning the RV. Wife decided to run the AC, as it was finally starting to warm up here. Styrofoam everywhere, from small to chunks! Bad thing was this was after she had cleaned the floors and all. You'd think this would be done prior to PDI's at the the dealer. Answered my question about duct, or no duct. Just a styrofoam pathway?? Hmmmm.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent