Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #1

Compartment weather sripping

Have a 2016 2400W and suspect water instrusion into the compartments in a heavy wind rain, or driving in rain. Seals look very compressed and distorted.
Has anybody replaced their seals and or know a good source and part number?
fishheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
Have a 2016 2400W and suspect water instrusion into the compartments in a heavy wind rain, or driving in rain. Seals look very compressed and distorted.
Has anybody replaced their seals and or know a good source and part number?
Had one of mine replaced under warranty awhile back. Any RV dealer should be able to supply the seals. The one that was replaced on mine was deeper and made it very hard to latch the door. Can't help with the part number but the dealer can find it with your VIN.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #3

Proably Challenger Door

Mine leak too, esp. when driving in heavy rain. I keep everything in there inside sealable continers.
Here's where to get replacement seals:
https://www.challengerdoor.com/produ...1-and-50-feet/
Old 03-07-2021, 07:04 AM   #4

Got 75 feet to install. Thanks
Old 06-21-2021, 12:01 PM   #5

Challenger door seal

The inside of your Challenger door should have a tag on it from Challenger which has the model number of your door. Call Challenger Parts, give them the model number, they will be able to identify the correct size seal - it is sold by the foot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVChallengerDoor.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	257478  
JoeBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:46 AM   #6

The 75 feet ordered earlier did not work and still had leaks. Called Challenger. They have been bought out by Lippert and their website is hasn't been maintained in over a year, so forget the site. Stated that seal p/n 730101 is the universal seal for all challenger compartments and is not on the website. Cost $2.25/foot. Ordered 50 ft with expedited delivery (2 days). Hopefully solve large water intrusions through the 2400WS slide compartments draining onto the main rv floor.
Old 08-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #7

Mine leaked since the day I brought it home. all of them. That is why they call them "quick drain cabinets" on the website.you can pull the plug inside to drain them. I just put a 1/8" hole at the low spots and they drained all the time.
TowPro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 07:07 PM   #8

A hole in the bottom would still drain into the main rv floor, not outside. These cabs are located within the slide out box. A drilled hole would be through the slide out metal.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #9

On my Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis every compartment is a plastic molded bottom that drains to the ground. Every on has a drain bolt in the middle to let the water out.
but I have a 2401R, not a 2400w
TowPro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 04:39 PM   #10

Alas, my 2016 2400W has two compartments that are nested in the slide out and do not drain to the outside, a third compartment is rear driver side that is in main rv wall and over the Onan generator. All these compartment bottoms are the same floor material as main RV floor, not molded plastic, and do not have a plug. Any water intrusion drains into the main RV cabin. Three lower compartments are molded plastic with plugs and are fine draining outside. Just received the Challenger rubber seals...