Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2020, 11:04 AM   #1

Forest River Forester MBS 2019 Slide Issue

Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced issues with the Forest River Forester MBS 2019 Slide not closing fully? When I purchased my rig (I purchased through a private seller and had to rely on pictures and private inspection report), the seller told me that he had warranty work done on the pop out, and that the issue had been resolved.

When I picked up the RV, I noticed that the slide was not properly sealed/closed along the bottom edge, and that some of the attachment point along the bottom front appeared to be strained and had been caulked. I had the dealership where the rig was being stored apply another bead of silicone along the base, add an additional rubber seal, and tighten up some of the screws. However, the slide out is very noisy on the road and still does not close properly. It also makes a lot of noise when I open and close it.

Have any of you had similar issues? Is this a recall issue?

Thanks for any feedback!
TripRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #2

are you talking about the slide on the side? My side slide appears to be sticking out but everyone I have seen looks like that. but my rear slide seems to close right.
go to dealer if you can and see what others look like.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #3

Hi TowPro, yes I’m referring to the full side pop out. I was told by Forest River that this is a somewhat common problem with the full-wall pop outs because of the weight.
I have seen others that don’t look like this. Mine makes a ton of noise on the road which to me means that there is too wide of a gap and could allow grit and water into the rig on the road.
TripRoader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, forester, slide