Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2021, 08:48 AM   #1

Here’s another one for you

My RV is still not starting as today (its been 3 days now), even after trying jump start the battery. Now, the slide out (2) are out and the towing guy does not want to bring it to Mercedes dealer like that obviously.
Question;
How to pull back in my 2 slide out, if I can’t start the RV?

Thanks for your help.

Marc
2020 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R
Bazookajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:16 AM   #2

If your unit requires engine ignition to run the slides out/in then the interlock may be ignition switch to ON and not necessarily engine started. If so maybe with the jump input and ignition switch just to ON the slides may function with enough Vdc.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:20 AM   #3

I’ve tried that with the guy from AAA yesterday and it did not work unfortunately. I called the dealer who sold me the RV this morning and I’m still waiting for a call back ��
Old 05-26-2021, 11:58 AM   #4

Can you get the generator started? If it will run, try bringing your slides in with that.
Old 05-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #5

If you can't get power to your slides, the only way to get get them in is by removing the screw that holds the motors. Lift the motor and push the slides in manually.

I would try other routes first. Is shore power or generator available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazookajoe View Post
My RV is still not starting as today (its been 3 days now), even after trying jump start the battery. Now, the slide out (2) are out and the towing guy does not want to bring it to Mercedes dealer like that obviously.
Question;
How to pull back in my 2 slide out, if I can’t start the RV?

Thanks for your help.

Marc
2020 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R
Old 05-26-2021, 01:52 PM   #6

Disconnect the neg from the chassis battery. Wait a few minutes and reconnect. Mine started after that. We tried a Jump box & also a SUV with a brand new Optima battery and it wouldn't start. Did the battery thing and got it going, only missed a few hours of our trip last weekend!
petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #7

UPDATE:
Finally got my 2 slide out back in this afternoon! For those who think you need to move the motors and push the slide out in manually, there is a much easier way. I went into the left panel in the stairs to the house. Using an electric cable, I by-passed the left red cable to the B cable on the right. By doing so, my friend to activate the slides and it worked. I would love to ad the pictures I have to this reply, but I dont know how.
Next step, tomorrow morning AAA will take my RV to the nearest Mercedes dealer and hopefully they will fix my problem fast and I’ll be back on the road.
I’ll let everybody know what was the problem, why my RV wasn’t starting.
Cheers
Old 05-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #8
Director, FROG

Thumbs up

Thank you for coming back and posting your solution. That's going to be helpful to someone else down the road.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazookajoe View Post
UPDATE:
Finally got my 2 slide out back in this afternoon! For those who think you need to move the motors and push the slide out in manually, there is a much easier way. I went into the left panel in the stairs to the house. Using an electric cable, I by-passed the left red cable to the B cable on the right. By doing so, my friend to activate the slides and it worked. I would love to ad the pictures I have to this reply, but I dont know how.
Next step, tomorrow morning AAA will take my RV to the nearest Mercedes dealer and hopefully they will fix my problem fast and I’ll be back on the road.
I’ll let everybody know what was the problem, why my RV wasn’t starting.
Cheers
You said: I by-passed the left red cable to the B cable on the right

By doing so you probably bypassed the breaker located in the box. There is probably a way of retracting manually the slides.

Your profile indicates «Near Nontreal» Cite Caravane in St-Eustache is a Forest River Dealer and their people are very useful at helping in such circumstances. Living in Longueuil QC I also can get help from an independant RV shop/store locally.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #10

Hi HerveVR,
Sorry for the late reply, but it was a busy & stressful stretch that ended Tuesday when finally recovered my RV. In the end, it was a bug with the computer in addition to a fuse problem. Now, it's all fixed and I'll be able to travel again soon.

I'm from Longueuil too and I bought my RV at Cite-Caravane
(Parlez vous Français?).

I also can get help from an independant RV shop/store locally.
Where would that be?

Talk again soon!
Marc
Old 06-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #11

1ere question... Bien sûr! Surtout.

2nd question... Belco accessoires de camping, boul. Marie-Victorin, Longueuil QC, near L-H Lafontaine tunnel. They're pros.