Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2020, 03:04 PM   #1

Leaking "double ell" sewage drain valve

My 2015 Sunseeker MBS has a cable operated double ell sewage system where a 3" black water and 1.5" grey water valve are housed in one assembly. One of my valves is leaking so I get get a quart of waste water on my hands when I remove the outer cover when draining my tanks.I have repaired single RV valves in the past by removing the 4 bolts and taking the valve apart. These valves also have 4 bolts but it doesn't appear that you can simply slide them out. Anyone taken yours apart?
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:13 PM   #2

It is a tight fit, I paid to have my black water valve on my 2018 replaced twice. I put a manual valve at the hose point, worth it's weight in gold. I ordered it on Amazon, and installed it in literally five minutes, cutting the fitting with a sawzall, and installing the valve with some ABS Glue. There are many threads on the MBS forum about their poor valve design. Good luck.
browser5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:54 AM   #3

I found those termination gate valves on Amazon for $23 and ordered one. It seems that most RV sewage valves are made by Valterra but the ones on my RV look slightly different(especially where the cable connects to the valve). Forest River must use some off brand to save a couple of bucks.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:15 AM   #4

Now and then there will be liquid in the drain lines when removing the cap. I stick the bucket that I use to store the drain elbow and gloves in to catch the dripping. I always double check that the valves are closed.

I have the valve to put in place of the cap when we might anticipate having to balance the gray tanks when no sewer is available. Makes the Blue boy waste tank easy to handle.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #5

Another easy way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Now and then there will be liquid in the drain lines when removing the cap. I stick the bucket that I use to store the drain elbow and gloves in to catch the dripping. I always double check that the valves are closed.

I have the valve to put in place of the cap when we might anticipate having to balance the gray tanks when no sewer is available. Makes the Blue boy waste tank easy to handle.
I just connect one end of the hose to the tote and hold the other end, open end facing up, under the end of the valve as I remove the cap. If there's anything there, it's an ounce or less, but I'm prepared.

You can do the same thing at the dump station--set up the far end first, then hold the near end under the valve assembly as you remove the cap. Then just rotate it up and connect it.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 02:49 PM   #6

I have had occasions when I get a little fluid out when I uncap too. Not sure why, but I bought a clear cap to use instead of the black one. That way I know if, or how much fluid is in there.
Springerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, leak, valve