Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #1

Leaks!

We are on our way to Alaska, currently in Fort Nelson, BC.
It has rained quite a bit.
Every time it does, I find standing water in the BBQ grill locker, and even more in the locker forward of that one, where I keep my tools.
My RV is a 2015 Coachmen Prism.
At first I thought it had something to do with the low point drains emptying just behind the tool cabinet, but I don't think so. Also, there is no apparent leak from the galley sink drain.
I crawled underneath, and found that the metal locker boxes were attached to the floor above with a gasket that wasn't installed properly.
Has anyone else had this problem? My solution is to seal the seam where the gasket has been installed improperly (thanks FR). I don't want to do this if there is another fix.
Also, my slide outs leak. Not an uncommon problem. Any solutions?
jeffrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
Just a Rookie

My Sunseeker has the same issues with the lower and rear storage bins. So far the only remedy that I've found successfully is to put items in a plastic bin and just wipe it all down whenever we stop for the night. Suggestions for a long term solution would be greatly appreciated.....
Spokane, WA
717 Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:46 AM   #3

I have spent 1000s of miles driving to get numerous issues fixed. Mostly water infiltration. Still not fixed in my 2015 24j prism. My dealer and FR continue to work on this. We are now out of warranty. Not sure what happens next

This includes compartments. The metal compartment was not properly attached and seal to the side wall. I filled w a butyl caulk. Also one had bad rubber gasket in door.
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #4

My Solera has fiberglass storage tubs and has also suffered from water leaks. I've added silicone sealant anywhere that seemed like it would help ... and I also keep anything vaguely sensitive inside plastic storage crates.

Dave
Old 06-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #5

I had lots of leaks in my lower storage compartments, after alot of trial and error and tons of trips to the dealer i fixed it on my own, do you suppect where its coming from ? can you provide pics of the storage doors open so i can see a pic and a closeup of the door gasgets
WingerTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #6

Had this on my 2017 Sunseeker, in the right rear compartment (2400 G). Dealer replaced the seal, and have not seen any issues yet. On the other hand, it's pretty dry right now.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #7

was it the same gasket he replaced it with as the orginal, if you have the doors made by lippert, like i did on my rockwood, they used the wrong gasket in 2014 and it leaked, dealer had it like 7 times, each time saying it was fixed, i knew better, roll up a bath towel and put in front of the door and watch it.
WingerTim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak