Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #1

MBS Driver's dashboard display question

I recently purchased a 2015 MBS Solera. On the display when the ignition is first turned on, the display showed 19d at the top. This number seems to drop by one daily and a little wrench icon is near it. I had new Noxide sensors replaced a couple of weeks ago and the service department couldn't give me an answer as to what this represented. He did ask when the last oil change was and he said the mechanic reset the oil change reminder. I drove about a week and the other day the number was down to 6d. I have it stored and haven't been back to look at it, but the number does appear to change even when the unit is just sitting. Does anyone know what exactly this is? By the way, the exhaust sensor which have to do with the DEF ran $1800 and are under warrantee for 3 years. This was done at a Mercedes dealership near Toledo Ohio. If these sensors weren't replaced, he said it would continue to go into the count down for the slow mode and we were just 100 miles into a 1600 mile trip so I had them replace the sensors so that we wouldn't be stranded. Thank you in advance! We love the great fuel mileage!
TeriTheFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriTheFinn View Post
I recently purchased a 2015 MBS Solera. On the display when the ignition is first turned on, the display showed 19d at the top. This number seems to drop by one daily and a little wrench icon is near it. I had new Noxide sensors replaced a couple of weeks ago and the service department couldn't give me an answer as to what this represented. He did ask when the last oil change was and he said the mechanic reset the oil change reminder. I drove about a week and the other day the number was down to 6d. I have it stored and haven't been back to look at it, but the number does appear to change even when the unit is just sitting. Does anyone know what exactly this is? By the way, the exhaust sensor which have to do with the DEF ran $1800 and are under warrantee for 3 years. This was done at a Mercedes dealership near Toledo Ohio. If these sensors weren't replaced, he said it would continue to go into the count down for the slow mode and we were just 100 miles into a 1600 mile trip so I had them replace the sensors so that we wouldn't be stranded. Thank you in advance! We love the great fuel mileage!
How many miles are on the MBS? If I'm not mistaken, thats a countdown to when you're supposed to perform either a Schedule A (Oil change) or Schedule B (Oil, fuel, cabin and intake filter change). One you go beyond the count down I believe the display will start counting up as mine did since you're exceeded the time recommended to do the service.

When we purchased our 2017 Prism 2150LE last May (2019) with 16k miles on it, they did an oil change on the MBS but never reset the counter, so I have the wrench with a count up timer showing now. Plan to do a Schedule B in the spring once the weather warms up again...
Heffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #3

I don't own a Mercedes but I downloaded and looked at the 2015 Sprinter owners manual, and around page 257, the manual describes the service due date display. Maybe that is the function you are asking about.

Refer to your owners manual. If for some reason you have no manual, download it here: https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owne...nuals#year2015
Old 11-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #4

Display countdown

The 2015 MBS had 14700 miles on it when I bought it in July 2020. The oil change was at 12500 miles and was done at a German business, but not a Mercedes dealership. I now have 17800 miles on it since July. I asked the dealership and he said the oil was probably changed without resetting the computer so he said that they would do it while I was there. I don't think they did reset it. I just don't want to go to drive it and find out it's disabled. Thanks for your input. There isn't any info in the manual and certainly not anything that I can find on the Internet. Thank you!
Old 11-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #5

Where did you download the manual from.

BehindBars, my manual doesn't have anything about the display on page 257 and the section on the display doesn't address this number at all. Thanks!
Please post the link that you downloaded the manual. Greatly appreciated!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #6

I think this is the reset procedure that you can perform yourself...

https://www.mercedes-benz-vans.ca/fi...nder_Reset.pdf

Jeff G
Heffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
BehindBars, my manual doesn't have anything about the display on page 257 and the section on the display doesn't address this number at all. Thanks!
You can give this a try to reset the maintenance indicator. If the indication is for scheduled maintenance this procedure should get rid of it. The number you are seeing is "days to next service".

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	service interval.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	243259  
Old 11-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #8

Quote:
You said your motorhome was a 2015 but I don’t know the year of your chassis. You may have a 2014 chassis, and the manual pages may be different.

Look for the section titled Service Interval Display. Again, I’m just guessing that is what you are asking about. I don’t own a Sprinter.

The link is in my prior post, but here is is again: https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owne...nuals#year2015
Old 11-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #9

I see the link. Thanks! Looks identical to that manual.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #10

Yes, the count down apparently is the oil change, found on page 260 in my manual and 257 in the online manual. It's making sense now. Thank you both for sending me in the right direction. This diesel business is all new to me!
Old 11-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #11

I have a 2015 MBS. Both NOX sensors and even the DPF needed replacing. The dealer did this under the federally mandated EMMISIONS SYSTEM warranty that applies to every vehicle sold in Amercia. Did not cost me a penny. You might want to check on that, your repairs likely should have been covered. It's not the MB warranty, it's federal law.

Mine was done at about 69,000 miles. Other work had been done around 50k, at a different dealer during a road trip. It was also covered under the emissions system warranty. They told me that some components are warrantied to 70k, some to 80k, and some to 90k. I believe the time limit is 10 years.

I should mention that I reminded them of that warranty when I arrived at the dealers.

Good luck!
Old 01-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #12

I recommend using a MB dealer for service. Yes it is more expensive, but worth having techs with the specific training and knowledge to do the job right. Not all MB dealers are equipped to deal with the RV's due to size. Luckily I have one 15 miles away.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:20 PM   #13

I agree with going to the Mercedes dealership.

You don't want someone else messing with your Mercedes. I used the dealership in Toledo, Ohio on the way to Florida from Michigan and I was pleased with their FAST service and taking into consideration that I was on a 1500 mile trip so they rushed my repair through the same day. They also had someone from California and did the same. Otherwise, we would have been stuck in Toledo, Ohio in a motel room with two dogs and a cat.
I don't think anyone else could have done the repair, Noxide sensors, on the same day nor would they have had the parts immediately
Buying a Mercedes made me a little bit nervous, but we got an exceptional buy on our Solera with only 14, 000 miles and we get 15 mpg. I guess you have to give a little to get.