Old 06-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #1

Miscellaneous questions 2020 2400WMBS

we've had our rig for awhile and taken it out 3 times, next trip up is this weekend for 4th July. We always have full hookups and everything works fine (to my knowledge). We store it away from home so I can't always just run out and look when I have a question.... hence I'm asking here.

1. I see people posting about looking at their freshwater lines and tank under the bed.... we haven't filled that tank yet. My bed mattress has snaps at the foot. do those unsnap and the foot of the bed lift up? Our bed is the split queen that folds up in the slideout. If not, where would I be able to see the lines? I realize the winterizing siphon is under the shower behind a panel, and assume the pump is nearby.

2. I don't think our rig came with a built in black tank flush port. I can't find an unlabeled port anywhere nor is there one by the dump valves. So, my question is, does anyone fill their freshwater tank before leaving the campsite when they know they need to dump at a dump station? I'm thinking that if you do fill with fresh water, that will facilitate extra flushing at the dump station (kind of like more water to flush through since there's not a back flush port). Also I'm thinking that's the best way to re-treat the black tank after dumping, is by having some fresh water to put in there and add my chemicals. Does that make sense?

3. When we put our rear stabilizer legs down, the alarm screams until we shut off the motor in the cab. (the legs and the slide won't operate unless the MH is running and the e-brake engaged) I'm assuming this is standard and ok, but wow. When we set up, I feel rushed to get those legs down because the alarm is annoying as heck; we deploy those legs and the slide last so we can shut off the rig afterwards. Normal?

4. So far we haven't used our propane, we have had full hookups and we have grilled outside, no cooking inside so far. Should we run it occasionally? Same with the generator, should we run it occasionally?

Thanks, I get a lot of good information from this forum and feel kind of dumb asking, but I haven't seen exact answers to these questions.

texasjeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:17 PM   #2

Welcome! I can answer a couple of those questions for you.

2. Mine is a 2018 but it is on the passenger side about 4-5 feet up.

3. Don't know if they changed for 2020, but you should be able to extend the stabilizer jacks without the engine running. Make sure your electrical switch by the steps is at the 3 o' clock position.

4. You should open up the propane before you leave so your fridge runs on it while you drive to your destination. The fridge runs on propane when you aren't hooked up.

browser5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:33 PM   #3

We have a 2019 2400W.

1 the water tank is below the stove. There is a panel held by 4 screws that you remove to get to the water tank and bypass valves.

2 we have a hose connection above the rear passenger side wheel that is for the sprayers inside the black and gray tanks.

3 that is the correct operation. The engine must be running to operate the stabilizers and slide. I put a piece of duct tape over the screamer and now its tolerable. The control panel above the fridge should have a placard that says the engine must be running. The engine has to be off to operate the awning so do that first when preparing to leave.

4 I leave the propane tank valve open all the time. I try to run the generator for 15 min about once a month.
Velvet Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #4

interesting! I haven't noticed a port on the passenger side (item 2) but I will look again, we are going out on Friday. item 3 - turning the "house power" (battery) on (3:00 position) is the first thing I do when we get in and go (and turn it off/disconnect is the last thing we do when we park it at storage). So after we level, I'm going to try cutting the engine and deploying the stabilizers this trip, then turn engine back on to extend the slide. Will that alarm on the stabilizers sound regardless of engine power? in other words, its supposed to do that?
item 4 - So we can open up propane and run the fridge while we are traveling? Will it chill faster? when we connect campsite electricity, it will default back to electric power on the fridge?

thank you for your reply.... this rig was a big investment and I want to do everything correctly.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #5

thanks for the reply - I was referring to the fresh water holding tank; what you've described sounds like the water heater. in my rig, its where you are describing but we have a large drawer that pulls out and we can access the valves that way.

where do you put the duct tape to muffle the alarm on the stabilizers? is it on that panel where the switch is?
Old 06-30-2020, 10:39 AM   #6

Is this it?

Iím trying to attach a picture - Iíve circled 2 things on the passenger side - is the red circle the black tank flush? I think the blue circle is an external propane connection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	075C4864-D667-45AF-9E79-C99ADA1A5EFF.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	742.4 KB
ID:	232803  
texasjeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #7

item 4 - So we can open up propane and run the fridge while we are traveling? Will it chill faster? when we connect campsite electricity, it will default back to electric power on the fridge?

thank you for your reply.... this rig was a big investment and I want to do everything correctly.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I always run the fridge on the road. Mine also seems to take a while to get to temperature, so I actually turn it on about a day before so it's cold when we pack up. I would imagine in your Texas heat your fridge is hot until you plug it in. I usually use the house electricity for that, then it switches to propane when I disconnect.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got one of these, and a long extension cord. You can't run all the appliances on it, but it will make sure your batteries are full and will run the fridge.
browser5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #8

RV refrigerators work differently than home refrigerators. RV models work by removing heat, not adding cold air. Complicated but they work. I turn my fridge on a day before we leave, and always pre-chill everything going in there. It helps to put 1-2 gallon milk jugs of frozen water to kick start the process, and them we have fresh drinkable water on the road as it melts. And yes leave it on as we travel so things stay cold. If you stop at a place with hookups, there's a setting for "AUTO" that switches the cooling from propane to electricity automatically to save some propane.

I can run my stabilizers up or down on battery, so you should also. If you put the rig in gear with the stabilizers down, the alarm will scream, so I am told.

The gen should be run on a regular basis. I try to run mine maybe half an hour every month with the AC running to put a load on it. No need to run your range or stove unless you are using it. We do most of our traveling during warmer months and eat a lot of cold dishes and salads so we rarely use the stove except to make coffee in the morning.

Hope this helps. I understand your concern. It is a significant investment and there's a long learning curve but these forums are a great place to ask questions and get help.
medalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #9

Red is the connection for the tank sprayers.

We have the optional gas oven which eliminates the drawer below the stove, so accessing the hot water bypass valves is a little more work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjeri View Post
Iím trying to attach a picture - Iíve circled 2 things on the passenger side - is the red circle the black tank flush? I think the blue circle is an external propane connection.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #10

Yes. On mine, the screamer is the grey round thing between the stabilizer switches on the panel by the stairs. Just put a piece of tape over the grey thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjeri View Post
thanks for the reply - I was referring to the fresh water holding tank; what you've described sounds like the water heater. in my rig, its where you are describing but we have a large drawer that pulls out and we can access the valves that way.

where do you put the duct tape to muffle the alarm on the stabilizers? is it on that panel where the switch is?
Old 07-08-2020, 12:40 PM   #11

Hi All,

On my 2020 the engine does NOT need to be running to lower or raise the stabilizers. If they are down and you put the key in they alarm. 2020 has 12v only fridge(at least mine does) with NO on/off switch except the main battery disconnect. Tank flush in on passenger side I believe.

Brian
papagyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #12

We also have the 2020 model it has a 12volt fridge and dose not use the propane at all.
I have looked under the mattress the snaps just hold it in place if I remember correctly

Stewardorng2 is offline   Reply With Quote