Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #1

New 2400W coming this month!

Our salesman notified us that our new Sunseeker "W" is supposed to come off the production line on May 10th, and then it goes to paint. He says its usually 10 days later (20th) before they'll get it. (We're downsizing from a Class A)

Has anyone taken delivery from MHS2GO? Just wondering how thorough their PDI is? I'm taking my own checklist anyway... but I'm curious. They've been great so far though.

We also have our first trip planned leaving 3 weeks after delivery (3 short weekend trips to work the bugs out). The trip will be covering 27 States, 10,364 miles (it will be more) and we'll be gone for 10-12 weeks. This will be our first extended road trip since we've both retired. We're really looking forward to the adventure (and the great mileage).
Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:02 PM   #2

I purchases a Forester 2401 R MBS from them last year. The PDI inspection and walk through was fairly extensive and took a few hours. They did explain everything and answer all my questions. There were a few items that didn't work correctly during the inspection that they glossed over which turned out to be a problem and I had to get them fixed later. I should have insisted that they fix them then. The air conditioner wouldn't start on the generator. It turned out that the transfer switch was wired backwards. The release to swing the TV out was jammed and had to be modified by a local dealer later. Also the furnace wouldn't light. We didn't try it in the PDI so I didn't find out until I was camping in Yosemite and it got down to 20. It would run for 5 minutes and then shut off without producing heat. I took it to a local dealer 3 times to find and fix the problem. The igniter had a low spark and had to be adjusted. The furnace manufacturer refused to cover it under the warranty. Forest River did reimburse me for the cost of the repairs. I retired last week and also have a number of trips planned. Enjoy your new motor home, retirement and travels.
cpottey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. And enjoy your retirement as well!
Old 05-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #4

Enjoy that retirement. We are taking our 2016 24 R to Rocky Point Mexico on May15 if anyone wants to join. Staying for a week at Playa Bonita hopefully.

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:52 AM   #5

Automatic 11:
I picked my new 2018 MBS2400WS up yesterday from RV One in Latham, NY. Brought our ClassA for trade in. The DPI was around 2hr and was outside on a very rainy day so had to skip over some things. There were some add on that needed to be done before we left but all were taken care of.
All in all it was great doing business at Albany RV with a special thanks to Brandon our sales rep., Tim the service manager, Matt the store manager and Mark Strollo, VP who all made the whole experience a great adventure.
Our first drive home to CT was in a downpour but it was a comfortable drive with no leaks anywhere.
BobCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCats View Post
Automatic 11:
I picked my new 2018 MBS2400WS up yesterday from RV One in Latham, NY. Brought our ClassA for trade in. The DPI was around 2hr and was outside on a very rainy day so had to skip over some things. There were some add on that needed to be done before we left but all were taken care of.
All in all it was great doing business at Albany RV with a special thanks to Brandon our sales rep., Tim the service manager, Matt the store manager and Mark Strollo, VP who all made the whole experience a great adventure.
Our first drive home to CT was in a downpour but it was a comfortable drive with no leaks anywhere.
BobCats - I'm curious as to whether yours had the booster cushions and extended valve stems when you picked it up?
Old 05-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic_11 View Post
BobCats - I'm curious as to whether yours had the booster cushions and extended valve stems when you picked it up?
Got mine on 1-13-17 in London, Kentucky, and it had the cushions and stems.
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #8

We purchased a 2017 MBS 2400 R the end of February. Turns out it did come with metal stems on rear dually's, but had to go round and round to get bolster seats at no charge as an included item. Took about 4 weeks for delivery on them. Wife and I are very pleased with the MH.
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #9

Automatic 11
Mine did come with a set of booster seats that match the brown leather seating. As for the valve stems, the front steel wheels have rubber that only extend about 1.5" and don't extend past the round hole in the wheel cover. Since I plan on getting TPM, these will need steel stems with short steel extensions. The new steel stems are being mailed to me from Mercedes Benz. In the rear inner wheel, I believe there is a steel stem with about a 4" to 6" braided extension into a rubber plug in the round hole in the outer wheel. This has a short steel extension that extends to the round hole in the outer wheel cover. This is still not long enough to attach a TPM. The outer wheel dose have a steel stem but dose not extend far enough for a TPM.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:08 AM   #10

Congrats ! Sounds like we will be @ MHS2GO around the same time. Our Forester 2291 is suppose to come off the line on May 11th and go for paint after that.
TnG2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman64 View Post
Got mine on 1-13-17 in London, Kentucky, and it had the cushions and stems.
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:37 AM   #12

Picking it up next Wednesday!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #13

Click image for larger version

Name:	42781090-D386-4D24-B787-02BEAB561A6E.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	424.8 KB
ID:	139089
Pick it up next Wednesday.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #14

Great looking RV. I see your getting the cab-over style. I've spent the last two weeks figuring out how to load mine and figuring out how to operate the electronic. Still haven't figured out how to set the clock in the Jenson entertainment center. Followed the instructions but still won't set.
Took it out for a test drive with our toad attached ( Hyundai Accent, 6 STD, 2,500 Lbs ). It was also to test the Patriot II break system. Was pleased how well it pulled the hills and breaking with the Patriot II felt good. Hardly know it was attached. It did lag a bit on the down shift on the hills.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCats View Post
Still haven't figured out how to set the clock in the Jenson entertainment center. Followed the instructions but still won't set.
the power has to be on and a radio frequency showing for the instructions to work.

hope this helps
Sunseeker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpa View Post
Enjoy that retirement. We are taking our 2016 24 R to Rocky Point Mexico on May15 if anyone wants to join. Staying for a week at Playa Bonita hopefully.

You should check out Concha Del Mar RV park while you're there. Great price and they deliver everything you need while there . Edgar is the manager. Does an excellent job. It's right on the sea of Cortez next to Playa Bonita.
diane1433r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #17

New 2400W coming this month!

We bought our DYNAMAX from MH2GO, since it was our 7th RV, they spent a little less time, which is what they usually do when you know more than the guy showing you everything, not to brag. They do a good job and there was a first timer there the same day, they spent a lot of time with them. If you schedule the PDI for early morning, you can get them to fix things the same day. Not sure if you guys know but there's an App for the Jensen radio and it's pretty sweet.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote