Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 779
Oil on sale

This info from Mikegjax was erroneously removed from the MBS forum:

For those that use Mobil 1 ESP, Napa has it on sale for $5.99 qt. You might need to call and order. They will notify when it comes in.
__________________

__________________
2015 Solera 24R
2014 Mercedes Chassis
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #2
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 8,853
It was moved because it's a general purpose oil used in lots of different engines.
AND it's available every day at my local WalMart for $25 for the 5 qt jug. That's $5 less than NAPA and you don't have to order it....
__________________

__________________
Peace!
Dan & Rita D
2017 Nissan Titan 5.6L King cab 4wd
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-35
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
AND it's available every day at my local WalMart for $25 for the 5 qt jug.
Well...No.

The oil in referred to in Mike's post is Mobile 1 ESP. This is a fairly specialized oil which meets Mercedes specification 229.52 (now .53?). In any case, Mobile 1 ESP meets that spec and other versions of Mobile 1 do not. Also, as far as I know, Mobile 1 ESP is not sold in 5 quart jugs - if you find it, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Thanks

Dave
__________________
2015 Solera 24R
2014 Mercedes Chassis
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,573
If you are putting the Walmart Mobil 1 in a MB Sprinter you may have voided the warranty. None of the Mobil 1 oil sold at Walmart as far as I can tell meets MB approved 229.52 spec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
It was moved because it's a general purpose oil used in lots of different engines.
AND it's available every day at my local WalMart for $25 for the 5 qt jug. That's $5 less than NAPA and you don't have to order it....
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Well...No.

The oil in referred to in Mike's post is Mobile 1 ESP. This is a fairly specialized oil which meets Mercedes specification 229.52 (now .53?). In any case, Mobile 1 ESP meets that spec and other versions of Mobile 1 do not. Also, as far as I know, Mobile 1 ESP is not sold in 5 quart jugs - if you find it, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

Thanks

Dave
Hey Dave, have you seen the .53 spec somewhere? I noticed you put a question mark behind. I have not been able to find that spec.

https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevol...229.52_en.html
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,929
Our 2019 chassis is 229.52 according to the Owners Manual.
__________________
Wayne and Christine
2020 Sunseeker MBS 2400Q "The Q" with the Trekker Cap and Metallic Full Body Paint
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Hey Dave, have you seen the .53 spec somewhere? I noticed you put a question mark behind. I have not been able to find that spec.
Nah ... just old age. I knew we'd seen .51 and .52, couldn't remember if there'd been a .53.

Dave
__________________
2015 Solera 24R
2014 Mercedes Chassis
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,573
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Nah ... just old age. I knew we'd seen .51 and .52, couldn't remember if there'd been a .53.

Dave
You know what they say. Gettin old ain't for sissies!
__________________

__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.


×