Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2022, 05:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmotoman View Post
Wow now I'm thinking this might not be a good deal at $78,000 and it has been kept outside.

What is the difference with the Solera?

Thanks
$78,000 is too much. You should be able to buy a new one for less or near that.

Take the MSRP for a new RV and subtract 30 to 35%.

It was a few years ago, but I bought my 2014 24R Solera new for a lot less than the price being asked for the one you are looking at.

For an example, just take a look at this link. Not promoting, only giving info.
https://www.rvusa.com/2018-forest-ri...lass-c-3378406
Old 07-07-2022, 06:46 PM   #22

Value depends on many things including location and condition. The one above has 41,000 miles on the odometer.
A small class C like this one are going for a premium price in some areas... if you can find one. New ones are listing for over $100,000 and discounts are much lower than the 30% of a couple of years ago. Check the local dealer's website near you for comparison or go to www.rvtrader.com.

Ask them what the lowest price they'd accept is and then make your decision. It looks like it's in 'almost new' condition and the price they are asking is probably close to what they paid for it. That's about normal in today's market.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:55 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post

Take the MSRP for a new RV and subtract 30 to 35%.
That strategy worked before the Pandemic hit and the hottest RV sales happened. It doesn't work anymore and it may be some time before it returns, if ever.
Things have changed drastically since 2014.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 08:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Value depends on many things including location and condition. The one above has 41,000 miles on the odometer.
A small class C like this one are going for a premium price in some areas... if you can find one. New ones are listing for over $100,000 and discounts are much lower than the 30% of a couple of years ago. Check the local dealer's website near you for comparison or go to www.rvtrader.com.

Ask them what the lowest price they'd accept is and then make your decision. It looks like it's in 'almost new' condition and the price they are asking is probably close to what they paid for it. That's about normal in today's market.

Thanks for the info.
I think I might have offered her a little too much.

There is an RV expo this Weekend in Phoenix I'm going to try to go to.

Yes the interior is Flawless but the outside has been exposed to ARIZONA SUN even in the mountains, wish they had parked it in a more strategic location under trees.

I want to try to ask her at $72,0000 or $73,0000. If not $75.

Thanks guys.
azmotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:19 PM   #25

Make sure it's big/long enough

We had a low mileage 2017 fe22. We bought it memorial day 2021. It was fine for a night or 2. But we found it too small when we took it to AZ for a week. Just traded for a 28 ft. That gave is a sofa in addition to the dinette and allows the queen bed to be used during transit. The 22 had it on a slide that required it to be folded up
PortAMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:47 PM   #26
Gruber

Prices on motor homes have started to retreat from their COVID heights. This is projected to continue as interest rates rise and gas/diesel prices remain high. Pricing a purchase is difficult. I bought a new 2018 Forester 24’ rv for $60k and have loved the unit (2291). I see used units online selling for well above my new price. Buy your wife a small plastic Tupperware stool for the foot of the bed. It’s useful for getting in and out of bed and top shelves.
Old 07-22-2022, 11:46 AM   #27

Ok guys and gals thanks for ALL THE GREAT INPUT as I enter these uncharted RV Waters.

I had the RV INSPECTED by the local RV shop and they knew them as they had fixed the previous roof leak and also worked on their other RV'S in the past.

It cost me $636 and they found two things:
A few pinholes in the Awning and the retractable step which I knew about (the step).

The owner had them fix the step which I thought was nice for $317.

Now I need to figure out a way to ask them to reduce the price to $75,000 or less. I've done some research and see some new ones (2017) for $78,000 but that is WITHOUT all the added fees.

I also need to purchase a new cover for it.
Will start a new thread for that.

Thanks
Gary
Old 07-23-2022, 12:14 AM   #28

It's called negotiation and buyers usually expect you to offer less than they are asking. They can always say no and then you have to decide the most you want to pay. It sounds like you have a motivated seller if they fixed the steps.

If you've got pinholes in the awning, you may be getting to the end of it's useful life and they are not inexpensive to replace. Once they decide to deteriorate, they'll start to flake off and it's pretty hard to replace it yourself. You might get an allowance to replace that from the seller.

Good luck.
Old 07-29-2022, 02:41 AM   #29

Maiden Voyage

OK guys and guys I pulled the trigger and she would not budge at $78000 but it turns out it's a good deal she's showed me all the extras it has upgraded cabinets etc.
And she made some nice additions that an EXPERIENCED RVer would do.
Everything in the Coach has that new feeling and look with only 11,600 miles.

They also have provided me with all the necessary RV equipment I would have had to go out and buy or didn't know about.

I have one question though an alarm went off in the rear cabin and we could not shut it off!!!

I pulled the battery out of the smoke detector it was not that alarm it was very LOUD EAR piercing.

We were not cooking at the time just sitting in there when it went off I started up the engine and then it went off shortly after.
I called Linda and she said it happened a couple times and she thinks it was the coach batteries going low but I don't think so as the gauges says they're fine.
Definitely a concern.

Been having A-blast so far I will give a report with photos later.
These are the tires that it came with.

https://onlinewheelsdirect.com/tires...kaAmHQEALw_wcB

Thanks for all the advice and tips it helped a lot and we are very happy we purchasd this motor home it's the perfect fit and all the NICE features are great!

We are on a trial run at a Mountain Lake.

I have a lot to learn in this new RV world so probably be asking a lot of dumb questions.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:24 AM   #30
First Rate Primate

Congrats on the new Sprinter.

That alarm was most likely the carbon monoxide alarm. It should be under the fridge.

I have a 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150LE. I hated those Vanco tires on tbe steer axle. They caused crazy steering wheel shake for 35,000 miles. I replaced them this year with Michelin Agilis. They are so much better.

Good luck and happy travels.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 12:59 AM   #31

The Maiden Voyage....

Bar is open for Happy Hour :cheer:

Old 07-30-2022, 07:15 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Congrats on the new Sprinter.

That alarm was most likely the carbon monoxide alarm. It should be under the fridge.

I have a 2017 Coachmen Prism 2150LE. I hated those Vanco tires on tbe steer axle. They caused crazy steering wheel shake for 35,000 miles. I replaced them this year with Michelin Agilis. They are so much better.

Good luck and happy travels.
I had the Vanco tires and got 57,000 miles out of them. I really liked them. Would after bought them for replacements, but are no longer available. I have the Michelin RIB tires now. They don't seem to perform as well in wet conditions, but the jury is still out.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:16 AM   #33

Enjoy!
Old 07-30-2022, 10:18 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmotoman View Post
I have one question though an alarm went off in the rear cabin and we could not shut it off!!!

I pulled the battery out of the smoke detector it was not that alarm it was very LOUD EAR piercing.

I called Linda and she said it happened a couple times and she thinks it was the coach batteries going low but I don't think so as the gauges says they're fine.
Definitely a concern.
Congratulations! Looks like you made the right purchase.

One thing... that ear piercing alarm is designed to drive you out of the rig and alerts to propane or CO in the rig.
I think Linda is correct. Low 'house' batteries will cause the alarm to go off. Since it hasn't happened recently, you've probably charged the batteries up by driving and plugging in. Those indicator lights only show that the battery is charging when plugged in. If you're unplugged and the engine is off it will indicate the battery level, but indicator lights are frequently not accurate. If it happens again, you'll know where to start troubleshooting. (BTW Things like hair spray and cleaning products can set it off too)

Enjoyed the pictures. Looks like you're having fun!
Old 07-31-2022, 04:04 PM   #35

Co detector

The CO detector has a 5 year life span. It will start going off at 5 years at increasing shorter time frames until it reaches at point it will not reset. You are forced to retire after 5 years. I recently had to replace ours and the only place I could find a direct replacement was on Ebay. Good luck with it.
gmccullers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:11 PM   #36

The one big advantage of a smaller RV is that they fit in just about every state park.
They can still tow a small car.
I initially tried to get one about 24', but we really needed a walk around bed, and you just have to go a little bigger for that.
At any rate, as long as it fits your needs, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccullers View Post
The CO detector has a 5 year life span. It will start going off at 5 years at increasing shorter time frames until it reaches at point it will not reset. You are forced to retire after 5 years. I recently had to replace ours and the only place I could find a direct replacement was on Ebay. Good luck with it.
I was able to find a direct replacement at our local General RV parts department.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccullers View Post
The CO/propane alarms 'generally' start to 'beep' when they need to be replaced. What he's describing is the ear piercing alarm that you get when you've got a low battery. It happened to us in both our tt and our small mh.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:14 PM   #39

Did the original owner get the DEF recall done? Make sure they gave you all the paperwork with the added extended warranty on the exhaust system. If they didn't do it you can still get that recall. That co monitor will probably go soon. On our 2016 it died last year. We bought a new on on Ebay and it was an easy fix. I never heard a loud alarm when our batteries were dying. That price is right in the range seen here on the west coast. We love ours. Look deep into the MBS part of the forum. There are some great mods that make that pantry more useable. The Container Store sells a set of plastic drawers that fit in there perfectly and make it easy to get things from the back instead of the shelves.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:13 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
Did the original owner get the DEF recall done? Make sure they gave you all the paperwork with the added extended warranty on the exhaust system. If they didn't do it you can still get that recall. That co monitor will probably go soon. On our 2016 it died last year. We bought a new on on Ebay and it was an easy fix. I never heard a loud alarm when our batteries were dying. That price is right in the range seen here on the west coast. We love ours. Look deep into the MBS part of the forum. There are some great mods that make that pantry more useable. The Container Store sells a set of plastic drawers that fit in there perfectly and make it easy to get things from the back instead of the shelves.
Yes she did mention something about the DEF recall and they had it done. She did give me a LOT of good documentation as she was a Librarian and very organized. I will look into it.

This is the "MBS FORUM " correct?

Thanks for the info.

Tags
sunseeker