Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 06:25 PM   #1

Pricing on a 2018 Forester Diesel

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to pick your brains a bit to see if the deal that's been presented to me on a 2018 Forest River Forester 2401W is a good deal.

It's a new 2018 leftover model and I've negotiated the installation of a 170 Watt Solar Unit for a total of $81,000. In other states I see 2018's going for about $79,500 without the additinal solar installation.

Near me is also a 2019 Short-term Rental Used model with about 10,500 miles on it and they are asking $85,000. I may be able to work them down a bit..

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
CamperKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:39 PM   #2

The only thing I can add to this is that we bought a 1 & 1/2 year old Sunseeker 2400R at about the same price and have been very happy with it. The prior owner seemed to have fixed everything that most find wrong in a new unit.
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperKam View Post
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to pick your brains a bit to see if the deal that's been presented to me on a 2018 Forest River Forester 2401W is a good deal.

It's a new 2018 leftover model and I've negotiated the installation of a 170 Watt Solar Unit for a total of $81,000. In other states I see 2018's going for about $79,500 without the additinal solar installation.

Near me is also a 2019 Short-term Rental Used model with about 10,500 miles on it and they are asking $85,000. I may be able to work them down a bit..

Take a look at Rvdirect.com/RVone.com. On their web site you can get a price with the options you choose. Save 30 to 40 % on MSRP. You can get a good idea of what they can be bought for
Old 12-23-2018, 07:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperKam View Post
Hi Everyone,

Either of those units are priced well within reason. Pick the one you like best and consider the reputation of the dealer and their ability to honor any needed warranty work.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Junior/Senior Member

Hi CamperKam, If you are able to purchase a new, 2018, 2401W, for $81K, with solar, and you are happy with the full wall slide and other amenities, My opinion is that is an awesome deal, and you should go for it. We paid a bit more for our 2400R, but ordered it like we wanted it, with the sofa instead of the dinette.

We have been very happy with ours, after the patience we needed to display, with FR and our dealer, to remedy the 15 or so warranty items.

The 2019 does already have 10.5K miles on it, and I do not know if there were any improvements between the 2018 and 2019 model years to warrant the extra few thousand dollars.

Best of luck with whatever decision you make!
Rogergib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #6

Find out "list" price and figure there is a 40% markup.

Work toward that number.

The dealer has to make something to stay in business , but hardly 40%.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:00 PM   #7

We got our new 2017 MBS 2400W with full body paint 2 years, 9 months ago for 80k... I am Rhein king that your deal is pretty solid at 81k. If you like it, jump! Have a ball! Hope to see you out there!
Old 12-28-2018, 10:17 PM   #8

RVdirect.com has a 2018 Forest River Sunseeker MBS 2400R listed on their website for $73,697.20 with a MSRP of $119,827.40. The Forster is a little nicer and cost more than the Sunseeker but the R floorpan with 2 slides cost a little more than the W with a single slide. I purchased a Forester MBS 2401R two and a half years ago for 77K and spent $1,500 for parts to add 500 W of solar but did the labor myself.
capottey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
Junior/Senior Member

WOW, that RVdirect site has some pretty good deals! https://rvdirect.com/featured-motorized.php - This link is to all the current motor homes they are offering.

Under $74K for this 2018, 2400R Sunseeker is great! Again, one has to like the color scheme & amenities it comes with, and this one is in Orlando.

Yes, the Forester has a few different amenities, as opposed to the Sunseeker. When we compared and purchased our 2400R Sunseeker (2016 Chassis/2018Coach) it was $5K more. for pretty much the same Forester, so we opted for the Sunseeker.

When you make your purchase CamperKam, you will be happy with your new MBS!!
Old 12-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #10

We just bought a new 2018, we had a larger smart TV put in the bedroom and paid 79,000. I was looking at used for more money. We have the FR SunSeeker 2400WS. Love it.
vettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:35 PM   #11

Vettecrazy, that’s a very good price in my opinion. Last year I bought a one year old 2400R with 8,000 miles for just a little more. Seemed a little high at the time but when you fall in love....
I will say that those following this thread although mine was used (lightly) all the little problems had been solved and I’ve had hardly any issues with it. The dealer asked me if I wanted to pay for the special plastic protector film to protect the paint. I said no thanks. Turns out that the prior owner did that already. Not sure if the dealer knew that or not. I’m sure this unit was traded in for another because of a persistent creak the dealer couldn’t fix. They thought it was from the front slide. I found the creak was actually coming from the plastic headliner above the drivers seat. I was able to completely eliminate that creak by opening up the headliner area stuffing a towel in there and closing it back up. Presto, no more creaking! The slide was fully seated and quiet the whole time!
Have fun with the new rig. We love ours and spent a month in it visiting the national parks of Utah, Arizona, and California. We have also spent a week here and there as well as a second trip to Yosemite in the fall.
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrote View Post
Vettecrazy, that’s a very good price in my opinion. Last year I bought a one year old 2400R with 8,000 miles for just a little more. Seemed a little high at the time but when you fall in love....
I will say that those following this thread although mine was used (lightly) all the little problems had been solved and I’ve had hardly any issues with it. The dealer asked me if I wanted to pay for the special plastic protector film to protect the paint. I said no thanks. Turns out that the prior owner did that already. Not sure if the dealer knew that or not. I’m sure this unit was traded in for another because of a persistent creak the dealer couldn’t fix. They thought it was from the front slide. I found the creak was actually coming from the plastic headliner above the drivers seat. I was able to completely eliminate that creak by opening up the headliner area stuffing a towel in there and closing it back up. Presto, no more creaking! The slide was fully seated and quiet the whole time!
Have fun with the new rig. We love ours and spent a month in it visiting the national parks of Utah, Arizona, and California. We have also spent a week here and there as well as a second trip to Yosemite in the fall.

We thought so also, ours already had the Mercedes Bug Wrap on it, didn’t realize it was a extra. We had a large 34 ft Coachman that we sold, we really was interested in going smaller, was looking at ones a couple years old. We went to the RV Dealer to look at floor plans and came home after seeing this one with a new Sprinter!!!
vettecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #13

I just bought a brand new, 2019 Sunseeker 2400WSD with every option available for $86.5K. It came with a preinstalled solar panel on the roof and controller built in. YMMV.

Tags
diesel, forester