Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #1

Prism Outside Storage

I must say that the outside storage on my 24M is pretty limited.

I would be interested in what other owners store and where.

It even looks like my lawn chairs are going to have to hang off a hook on the ladder. I better get some cheap ones.

I may have to sleep with my fishing rods.

What about the dump hose?

My grill?

A class c is going to take some getting used to. In my Bluebird I could haul enough loot for a multi family garage sale.
2004 Bluebird M380 (sold)
GeoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #2

Every time you struggle to find a solution, just remember the Bluebird holds 145 gal of diesel and the Sprinter holds 26 gal.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #3

I know what you're are saying Milkman. So true.

But. I am going to take my fishing reels with me and buy new rods once I spot a Walleye to pursue.

I am getting everything planned so it will get done.

I sorta miss the Bluebird but am happy that we are down sizing. The BB was one Hell of a machine. Old Mercedes quality and so forth...
Old 06-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #4

The front slide has an outside compartment that has some of the mechanical/electrical components of the slide.

What do you guys keep in there? I would assume that whatever it is would be kept from moving around.

I was thinking of a couple of small plastic tubs. One for the dump hose and it's accessories and another to hold the fresh water hose, some cleaning supplies and the cable TV stuff.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #5

Storage space on a MBS rig is at a premium. When we looked at buying, storage was an issue for us and we elected to go with the Forest River Sunseeker 2400R due to the space it has. Basically, the whole back end is an open bay with access from the rear and both sides, plus 2 additional side storage / access areas. Everything we need fits in the storage bays and we have no access ladder to hang anything from. As for sewer hoses, we use a large, sealable, tub that had horse supplements (Horseguard) in it and this fits the hose and all accessory items need and stores nicely in the compartment that accesses water pump, drains. It is always a test to get the most out of a class C. We downsized from a 31' 5th wheel, and could not believe all the stuff we emptied out that I did not know was there and never used. The class C does make us think through more on what we really need vs nice to have.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage