Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
oreddie

Rain Scoop

Maybe I should post this in a more wider reaching forum but I don't know if FR uses same windows across all models. Please advise if I should.

We just finished our first trip of 2018 - a "shake down" after winter storage - Oregon to CA (Lassen National Park, Weed and Half Moon Bay). All went very well 'cept I noticed that one of the frameless windows, closest to driver's seat above dinette, opened about an inch at it's lower corner at speeds over 50). It's enough that, if it were raining, we'd be scooping water into the rig at a prodigious rate.

I can't determine if there's an adjustment to be made that will keep it closed so have scheduled a repair visit with the selling dealer.

Anyone encounter this and have an idea how I can fix without visiting the service shop?

Ed
2017 MB 2401WS
Old 07-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #2

I haven't had that problem. Wondering if the open/close knob is operating properly. If the knob is turned snugly to the right, it should stay closed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forest River Forums mobile app
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
2012 Solera

I ran a strip of half round self adhering weather strip like half of this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C3R99ZT...detail_4?psc=1
Just in front of the window to keep the wind from getting under the window leading edge. Used some GOOP adhesive to “enhance” the adhesion. Seems to have solved the problem for me. The white weather strip is not noticeable on my white motorhome.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:55 PM   #4
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
I haven't had that problem. Wondering if the open/close knob is operating properly. If the knob is turned snugly to the right, it should stay closed.
Been to Alaska and back twice, cross country and back, through the Canadian Rockies twice, the US Rockies several times (including via Trail Ridge), Utah’s National Parks several times, ... - that section of I5 between California and Oregon is the windiest I’ve encountered and the only place I noticed the window issue...
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREddie View Post
All went very well 'cept I noticed that one of the frameless windows, closest to driver's seat above dinette, opened about an inch at it's lower corner at speeds over 50). It's enough that, if it were raining, we'd be scooping water into the rig at a prodigious rate.
We have that problem with our REV. Except ours is speed and wind direction related. An extra bit of tightening solves our problem. Plus I keep an ear cocked because I can actually hear a change in sound when it opens a tad.