Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2020, 05:15 PM   #1

rear rock guard, MBS only

do any of our MBS Brethern out there have any kind of rear rock guard to keep stones off the toad? I am really interested to hear what MBS owners used since all other MH's might be wider.

My forester had the big steel bumper I could mount to, but the exhaust for both coach and generator stick out past it.

How far up off the road do you keep the bottom of them?

I have read differences about brush, solid rubber and rubber slates. Rubber slates does allow me to remove 1 piece for tailpipe.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:29 PM   #2

We have Smart Solutions solid rubber rock protector which I cut down to fit in length and height. No issues with the toad, it also makes less spray in the rain. Mine is between 3 and 4 inches off the ground. It was a good upgrade to my 2016 Coachmen Prism 24G. We tow a 2018 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback. I hung it off electric metal conduit whic was bolted to the skids in the back. No problems after 15,000 miles
Old 09-25-2020, 10:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
do any of our MBS Brethern out there have any kind of rear rock guard to keep stones off the toad? I am really interested to hear what MBS owners used since all other MH's might be wider.

My forester had the big steel bumper I could mount to, but the exhaust for both coach and generator stick out past it.

How far up off the road do you keep the bottom of them?

I have read differences about brush, solid rubber and rubber slates. Rubber slates does allow me to remove 1 piece for tailpipe.

I made my own by cutting down a longer solid rubber mud guard and made it hang approx. 3 inches from the ground. I fabricates and welded 1 1/4 angle iron for the hanger. also fabricated the mounting brackets from 3/16 plate steel. the brackets bolt to the stablizer brackets just to the rear of the cylinders. I cut a notch in the guard to clear the generator exhaust pipe. My braket is lower that MB exhaust pipe

If memory serves, I cut off both ends of the flap to keep the refectors symetical.
Smart Solutions Ultra Guard Rock Tow Guard for Motorhomes, 16" X 94"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_114448.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	422.7 KB
ID:	239923   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200925_114637.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	239924