Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #1

Rear Shocks

For those who have changed out the factory OEM rear shocks. What brand does everyone prefer? I changed my factory shocks out for Koni FSR's. Not sure I like them much as they seem to give the camper more roll over uneven surfaces at low speeds.
LoveLife7478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:37 PM   #2

bilstein work great on my truck

2016 Nights camped in wildcat(14) didn't count previous trailer
2017 Nights camped (44)
2018 Nights camped (29) that's too low. Must work on it.
maskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:06 AM   #3

Bilstein
Old 09-07-2018, 04:50 AM   #4

Just to be a contrarian, I installed Koni FSD rear shocks on our 2015 2401R MBS. Also installed the Hellwig sway bar and Sumosprings.

The ride and sway are improved.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #5

Fox Sumosprings

Related to 2400WS... I installed (customized for weight) rear Fox 2.0 shocks and Sumosprings (R- yellow F- blue) at all four corners. Already have Hellwig rear bar. Wow. What a difference this upgrade provided. Nearly eliminated that “fine buzz” vibration these boxes can induce. Much reduced wind induced directional changes. I’m a car nut and did the install myself. Would rate it easy... Even my wife noticed improved ride within the first few miles leaving the house. If considering as an option form dealer , I say DIY. Next up ride upgrade... Alcoa’s and Michelin’s.
63timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63timbo View Post
Related to 2400WS... I installed (customized for weight) rear Fox 2.0 shocks and Sumosprings (R- yellow F- blue) at all four corners. Already have Hellwig rear bar. Wow. What a difference this upgrade provided. Nearly eliminated that “fine buzz” vibration these boxes can induce. Much reduced wind induced directional changes. I’m a car nut and did the install myself. Would rate it easy... Even my wife noticed improved ride within the first few miles leaving the house. If considering as an option form dealer , I say DIY. Next up ride upgrade... Alcoa’s and Michelin’s.

Got the Alcoa's. They look really nice and reduce the (unsprung) weight about 12 pounds per wheel. Had to buy the special Haweka adapter to get them balanced properly. Be sure to have your installer use the stabilizers that come with the long valve stems - especially if you have external TPMS sensors installed on the end of the stems. Otherwise they act as a bit of a pendulum and will cause a fracture of the valve stem at the wheel. Ask me how I know

Michelin tires will come as I wear out the Continentals or I get tired of the road noise from them.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:19 PM   #7

Getting moved around in the wind.

We purchased a used 2018 MBS 2400WS with 2000 miles on it, we are surprised how you get pushed around in the wind. We have had other motor homes in the past and didn’t feel like this. We drive 60 to 65 mph. and have driven it about 2000 miles. Would like to have some feedback on things that you have learned in all your travels. Thanks
rotdoxdad is offline   Reply With Quote