Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 02:50 PM   #21

So, as I take it from the thread, most people are using Sumo Solo's on the rear and are pleased with the results.
Does anyone have an opinion the Sumo Maxim? Just wondering if the extra cost is justified, given they're going to be put on a 24' rig, albeit a heavy 24 footer.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #22

I like the ride with the solo's front and rear, helwig and Bilstein rears. Solo's are are just larger but relatively soft bump stop replacements. They engage the axle sooner on a sudden bump or sway to one side but allow the axle to drop into dips in the road on the original suspension springs without restriction. This seems to be helped by the bilsteins to dampen. The bolt on maxims will restrict axle travel up and down. The post earlier today suggest maxims and bilstein may be a bad combination. Maxims might be OK with original soft shocks?. Some of this also comes down to ride preference. Soft vs hard. Cadillac vs BMW. Soft float and bounce on hwy vs flat and level cornering and steering.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
So, as I take it from the thread, most people are using Sumo Solo's on the rear and are pleased with the results.
Does anyone have an opinion the Sumo Maxim? Just wondering if the extra cost is justified, given they're going to be put on a 24' rig, albeit a heavy 24 footer.
I have the OEM suspension, with the Hellwig sway bar and recently installed the solos on the rear, fantastic upgrade and I'm very pleased. Haven't decided on whether I'll do the front yet or not. First road test was over Tombstone pass in Oregon which is rather curvy to say the least. There's another thread in which they are reporting a rough ride with the maxims and not super stoked about their stiff performance.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:47 AM   #24
Sunseeker 2400MBW

@ kdwallin, just check everything you can. We have 24ft MBS wide slide. There a seat belt bolt left too far out of the exterior and pushes on slide rubber flap ( I don't know what to call anything)also a big crack under there; the fake wood bezel around the navigation system had been chipped and glued down a little haphazardly; they gave us really unclear directions on what to do if the slide fails while it is out. Also the slide button should be held down 3-10 seconds after it's complete, this resets the Schwintek motors, it's all on youtube. And even after specifically asking, the gray and black handles were indeed put on in reverse. Also we were told to put screens in the vents outside on same side as the passenger door as insects are attracted to smell of something in propane. Camping world even sells a set. Then when you read the book, you discover you void the warranty if you install any screens. There is a lot to learn, we are total newbies.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #25

Thanks, Nancyc7. We have already experienced the wall slide failure on our Forester MBS 2401W. Had to leave it out at the storage facility, but still searching for fixes and will try again tomorrow. Everything else on our unit seems to be fabulous so far! Can't wait to actually take it out camping once we are more confident in the slide operations.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:28 AM   #26

I have the sumo maxims. It does firm up the rear suspension. I dont mind it at all, but another owner found the change too firm and is taking them out to put the less aggressive bump stop version in. The wind defelction is pretty much gone in my rig with the sumo maxims and helwig sway bar. It will rock coming out of a sevice station but only with a single sway, and thenits then it's done..
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote