Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #1

Shower door

Just finished installing new shower door. Natulas by stoett. Ind retractable shower door . Was very simple to install . Hardest part was taking old glass door out. Well designed seems like there is more room in bathroom now . Plus the glass door weighed in at about 50 lbs new one is maybe 10 lbs. we will see how well it holds up.
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #2

Can you post some pics?
Old 02-08-2018, 08:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.M View Post
Can you post some pics?

I will try to post pic tomorrow. Stoett puts our a good video also
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #4

I agree with good videos from Stoett. FR is using a different manufacturer for the shower door in the Isata Series 3 MBS. I believe I have that correct. This door is the Arcadia shower door that has a bowed top for a little more shoulder room. I also believe that prices of the two doors are comparable, and I am leaning toward the Arcadia at this time. However, the Arcadia, sold by Jazz Sales on the internet, measures 36" wide. My 2014 Solera 24R shower is only 31" wide. The Customer Rep at Jazz Sales did not know whether the Arcadia's top bowed bar could be cut down to fit my installation. Has anyone installed or is familiar with the Arcadia door who could give me an answer to my question? Thanks.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:45 PM   #5

We have an Isata 3 with the Arcadia shower door and our shower also measures just over 31” across. Not sure if it is made custom for Dynamax or if it is cut down during installation. You could call them and ask and maybe order one from them. I really like like the extra room, I’m 6-3 and 275#’s, not petite so the extra shoulder room really works for me...
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #6

Thanks so much for your timely reply. When I explained the Arcadia shower door to my wife, she was very interested. I will pursue your suggestion to contact Dynamax and the manufacturer.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David100 View Post
Has anyone installed or is familiar with the Arcadia door who could give me an answer to my question? Thanks.
I installed the Arcadia door on my Solera 24R. Cutting down the top bar wasn't a big issue. I did have a little trouble with the installation - it was a while ago and I don't remember the issue exactly. Anyway, I spoke with their customer service folks and between us everything worked out fine. Definitely a big upgrade from my original glass door.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #8

Dave does Arcadia have a web site or did you buy off Amazon, Ebay, etc?

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpa View Post
Dave does Arcadia have a web site or did you buy off Amazon, Ebay, etc?
I got it directly from Shower Enclosures America...ordered by phone, I think. Contact info is:
Traico Marinoff
Parts & Warranty
Shower Enclosures America
800-536-7324 x3110
Fax: 909-605-7793
I came across a little discussion with Traico about my installation issue. The shower door has magnetic strips to hold it closed - one on the jamb, one on the door. I had trouble getting the two strips to line up so the door wouldn't stay closed reliably. I eventually figured out that I needed to hold the outside to the top cross bar down while I attached it at the sides. This helped get everything into alignment so the strips worked and the door stayed closed.

Anyway, I bought mine in April of 2016. Cost from Traico was 104.00 for the door plus 35.35 for shipping - $139.35 total. No idea what current prices are like...

Dave

PS - The enclosure is supposed to come in both silver and antique bronze finishes. They only had the silver in stock when I ordered...it looked ok, but the antique bronze would have been a better match for everything else in the rig. It might be worth asking what finishes are available now...

Old 02-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #10

I forgot to latch my sliding shower door once. Its a mistake ill never make again because after cleaning up all the broken glass I have a dollar store shower curtain. The positive side is my unit probably got 30-60 pounds lighter
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I forgot to latch my sliding shower door once. Its a mistake ill never make again because after cleaning up all the broken glass I have a dollar store shower curtain. The positive side is my unit probably got 30-60 pounds lighter
The Arcadia door is vinyl...so it won't break...and it saves the weight...and it actually functions well and looks pretty good. Here's a link to another forum post with pictures...
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...print/true.cfm
Dave

Tags
door, show, shower