Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

SiriusXM -- VX7020A & JWM6A

I am receiving SiriusXM on my VX7020A dash mounted radio, it works fine. How can play SiriusXM through the JWM6A entertainment system? I've tried using the Mode/Display button on the entertainment system to cycle through the input sources, but nothing seems to play SiriusXM. This is a 2017 Forest River, Forester MBS 2401W. Thank You.
joecamphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:15 PM   #2

I have the mobile app for Serius, and use the Bluetooth input on the JWM6A to listen to Serius in the back. The problem with this solution is that it uses some of my precious cellular data. Figuring out how to get the Bluetooth to work on that unit was a real chore for me... The instructions were pretty opaque. If you need help, I am near my "W" this weekend, and can probably do a memory recall exercise to figure out how I made it work 4 months ago.

I uspect there is a hard wire solution to output to the JWM6A. Has anyone done this?

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-30-2016, 09:45 PM   #3

I would like to avoid using the mobile app for the reason you mentioned. But, I appreciate your offer of assistance.

Unless anyone has another solution, I may have to remove both the radio and the entertainment system to look for jacks.

Thank You...
Old 07-31-2016, 04:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
I have the mobile app for Serius, and use the Bluetooth input on the JWM6A to listen to Serius in the back. The problem with this solution is that it uses some of my precious cellular data. Figuring out how to get the Bluetooth to work on that unit was a real chore for me... The instructions were pretty opaque. If you need help, I am near my "W" this weekend, and can probably do a memory recall exercise to figure out how I made it work 4 months ago.

I uspect there is a hard wire solution to output to the JWM6A. Has anyone done this?

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Huh...my 15 yr old had that bluetooth set up in 2 minutes...I should've watched

The coach audio does not have Sirius capability, so the only option is to bluetooth it or buy a separate Sirus unit to connect to it, something like this...and of course pay the extra radio monthly cost...

https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-Sate.../dp/B00DESFHX0

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Huh...my 15 yr old had that bluetooth set up in 2 minutes...I should've watched

The coach audio does not have Sirius capability, so the only option is to bluetooth it or buy a separate Sirus unit to connect to it, something like this...and of course pay the extra radio monthly cost...

https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-Sate.../dp/B00DESFHX0
Yes on the Onyx unit,we had that in our RV,but "Witch Doctor" told us to also buy the "Docking Station" for it also! Best advice we ever had for a Sound system! That Little Onyx Docking system sounds 100% Better than our Bose$$ system! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4070.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	451.5 KB
ID:	115880  
Old 07-31-2016, 01:03 PM   #6
Old Soldier

similar challenge with Jensen in 3010DS

My Sunseeker 3010DS with Jensen in the dash does a fine job of sending SeriusXM audio throughout the vehicle speaker system. However, I am looking for a solution that would permit me late at night to listen in the back bedroom, through headphones with no sound bothering family in the front? Can a more tech-savvy Forum-member give me a tip? Thanks in advance!
ColonelRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 04:28 PM   #7

Subscribed.

Would love to get sound SOMEhow from my Jensen headunit to this thing: King Bluetooth Speaker Porch Light White RVM1000
khocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:57 PM   #8

purchased a Sirus radio kit (free if you take it for 2 years) Installed it in our car using the "AUX" option ...Purchased a auto kit and installed it in our truck(TV) Now we just move the radio between the two vehicles...Just one monthly fee....Will purchase a "home" kit or another auto kit and will install it in our 5er 29RE--CC......Camping all month at a CG--Fishing and clam digging here in Nova Scotia Canada J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecamphill View Post
I am receiving SiriusXM on my VX7020A dash mounted radio, it works fine. How can play SiriusXM through the JWM6A entertainment system? I've tried using the Mode/Display button on the entertainment system to cycle through the input sources, but nothing seems to play SiriusXM. This is a 2017 Forest River, Forester MBS 2401W. Thank You.
I have struggled with that exact thing without success.
Pairing my phone with the JWM6A was easy but paying for data usage with the Sirius app can be painful doing it this way, especially when traveling internationally.
I'm still on the 3 month free trial with Sirius but doubt I will renew my subscription because of this issue.
I, too, hope a techie comes forward explaining how to pair the VX7020A head unit with the JWM6A in order to listen to Sirius broadcasts through the latter.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #10

You could always do like I have done. load a few 4 gig flash drives with MP3's and have all the music your heart desires. You can put about 500 songs on a 4 gig flash drive.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #11

After contacting Forest River, Jensen and ASA Electronics, the only option for getting SiriusXM from the VX7020 multimedia receiver to the JWM6A entertainment system is to run output audio wires from the receiver to the entertainment system. There currently is no wireless capability between these units. Forest River should have know this and installed audio wires when the RV was manufactured.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #12

After contacting Forest River, Jensen and ASA Electronics, the only option for getting SiriusXM from the VX7020 multimedia receiver to the JWM6A entertainment system is to run output audio wires from the receiver to the entertainment system. There currently is no wireless capability between these units. Forest River should have know this and installed audio wires when the RV was manufactured.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #13

Just get the option to be able from Sirius to have the app on your cellphone, then Bluetooth Sirius to your head unit, problem solved, sound quality 100 times better too since Sirius digital compression far less from Sirius to your phone. You won't believe how much better the sound vs having it go from Sirius satellite to a head unit that receives 140 channels at once. Your cell only receives 1 channel at a time, that includes left and right.
BEMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #14

Yes, I have noticed better sound quality with satellite "on line". Problem is, you have to pay for the cellular data, which ain't cheap.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 09-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #15

Damn monopolies!

Like our Nova Scotia friend, I too have the Onyx receiver that I take out of my home when going in the MBS. I don't like that I have to take it from my truck to the house, then to the motor home, but then I don't think the SiriusXM should extract $15 a month for every vehicle I own. My wife's Subaru uses the built-in receiver, so we pay for two services. If I had the service in our home and in all vehicles, I would pay them $60 a moth. That's outrageous. But, it is a monopoly. I never understood how our government allowed the merger Sirius and XM to become the only satellite system. If you live in the West, there is no choice but to buy the Onyx receiver and the radio kit because there is no radio reception in the Cascades or Sierras.

We use it, not for music only, but to keep up with the news. The insult is that we still have to listen to advertising just as we did when the radio signals came from antennas that that were supported by advertisers.
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenmeadow View Post
Like our Nova Scotia friend, I too have the Onyx receiver that I take out of my home when going in the MBS. I don't like that I have to take it from my truck to the house, then to the motor home, but then I don't think the SiriusXM should extract $15 a month for every vehicle I own. My wife's Subaru uses the built-in receiver, so we pay for two services. If I had the service in our home and in all vehicles, I would pay them $60 a moth. That's outrageous. But, it is a monopoly. I never understood how our government allowed the merger Sirius and XM to become the only satellite system. If you live in the West, there is no choice but to buy the Onyx receiver and the radio kit because there is no radio reception in the Cascades or Sierras.

We use it, not for music only, but to keep up with the news. The insult is that we still have to listen to advertising just as we did when the radio signals came from antennas that that were supported by advertisers.
I only pay for one radio signal.......Just move it from station to station...J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
I only pay for one radio signal.......Just move it from station to station...J
Hi Jim in Halifax. I do the same as you with one receiver. I just move it between truck and trailer as I am never home long enough to bother listening to it there.
DG, DH
Tally the Greyhound and Itty the Chihuahua
rockin'ray is offline   Reply With Quote