Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #1

Small water leak at slide

I started getting a slight water deposit at the inside of the dining slide on my 24R. I looked at all the rubber seals and they seemed fine. There was no water on the walls or ceiling. No condensation. And it was small, even in a downpour just a little puddle (2 oz).

I was passing through Coos Bay Oregon on our way up the west coast and stopped at Porter RV for a few supplies. I asked if I could borrow a ladder to check the roof. Evan (3rd generation owner) said I wouldn't be allowed due to insurance, but he would take a look. A tech came out as well. They found a couple of small potential gaps in the dicor sealant near the location, but then the tech said he's seen some slides where the schwintech rails weren't caulked at the outer edges. And when I rolled out the slide, that was apparent. Very little dicor sealant, and it had lifted. 5 minute fix! No more leak!

Thought you might like to know...Click image for larger version

Name:	20190307_083043.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	198456Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_074820.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	198457
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #2

Small water leak at slide

Thanks for the info. But...where did you seal it? The vertical gap or along the horizontal rail, or both?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #3

The horizontal gap along the top of the schwintek rail. Clean it first with mineral spirits to make sure of good adhesion.
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #4

Thank. I will have to remember to check these. Almost time to open up the slides and begin preparations.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, water, water leak