Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #1

Solera/Sunseeker 24RS MB Slide Out Issue

This morning I disconnected the power and went to bring in the side slide-out. It did not do anything. I then started the generator (just for the heck of it) and tried the slide several more times .. nothing ..
Panic set in! I re-plugged in the power line to the RV Park power ... and the slide started again to function. I do not think it has anything to do with the power source ..
Do you think I have a bad switch or a short? I drove it 300 miles home .. and when I got home the slide went in and out ... My worry is being in a campground and I can't get the slide back in .. They showed me how to do it at the dealer .. and it took 3 BIG guys to push it in once the wire was pulled on the motor ..
Anyone out there with similar issues that have been resolved??
oregonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #2

The slide is 12v powered. Shore 110v converts to 12v through the converter ,, which drives the slide motor when plugged in through the 110v side. The bats charge from either the alternator (driving home charged the batteries enough), or from the converter when plugged in. You may have had low battery voltage. Slide went in when you were on shore power. You may have lost the 12v side. (breaker) Check that. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #3

Thanks much. I thought it might be the breaker .. but the batteries showed they were fully charged and the back slide worked .. just the side slide. To me . .it is either a bad switch or a short .. but if its intermittent .. I could be in for a frustrating time of it.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #4

I agree, intermittent is more difficult to solve. Try checking continuity from the switch, then motor, when its not working. Good luck.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #5

Figured It out. We turned the motor on to keep the air conditioning on. Slides don't work with the engine on. Feel like a dingbat. Woke up this morning with the brain fart
Old 06-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #6

Well, I'm just happy to hear I'm not the only one who couldn't figure out why my slide wouldn't operate when the motor was running! Actually, I wish it would. We do a lot of dry camping and I'd like to put the slides in and out without sucking up any of my battery. . .though we do have solar. On my previous MH I could have the engine running but the park brake had to be engaged.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #7

Yes my last unit also had the emergency brake requirement
Old 06-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #8

This happened to us with the awning....it won't move with the engine running either!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:28 PM   #9

Live and learn 😁
Old 06-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonct View Post
Live and learn 😁
Yep...every day!!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R