Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #1

Spare Fuel for 24R

This fall we evacuated for hurricane Irma from Florida to Ga then SC. I always store my Solera with the diesel tank full to reduce moisture but grabed 2 unused 6 gal gas cans when we left the house. We didn't find fuel until down to 3/10 tank in north Florida and filled our tank and spares with much relief. Finding fuel after the storm was worse and actually used the fuel in the spare cans and a full tank to return home.

The cans I used weren't quite squrare and packed poorly in the rear compartment . I have since ordered these spectre brand diesel cans at Basspro. They are thick walled, pack flat and fit nicely in the drivers side compartment at the rear axel to optimize handling the weight. Four could fit if needed. Just wanted to share the info for those who want to increase their emergency range or traveling in remote areas. If you are worried about the extra weight then reweigh the coach after 4 hours of driving
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1530.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	161070   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	161071  
Rich.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #2